linux-omap-dss2:linux.git
5 years agoOMAPDSS: Merge omapdss topic branches omapdss-for-3.10
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 15 Apr 2013 08:57:18 +0000 (11:57 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: Merge omapdss topic branches

5 years agodrm/omap: add statics to a few structs 3.10/3-omapdrm
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 10 Apr 2013 07:44:00 +0000 (10:44 +0300)]
drm/omap: add statics to a few structs

Some static structs are not marked as static. Add it.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agodrm/omap: Fix and improve crtc and overlay manager correlation
Archit Taneja [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 13:45:19 +0000 (19:15 +0530)]
drm/omap: Fix and improve crtc and overlay manager correlation

The omapdrm driver currently takes a config/module arg to figure out the number
of crtcs it needs to create. We could create as many crtcs as there are overlay
managers in the DSS hardware, but we don't do that because each crtc eats up
one DSS overlay, and that reduces the number of planes we can attach to a single
crtc.

Since the number of crtcs may be lesser than the number of hardware overlay
managers, we need to figure out which overlay managers to use for our crtcs. The
current approach is to use pipe2chan(), which returns a higher numbered manager
for the crtc.

The problem with this approach is that it assumes that the overlay managers we
choose will connect to the encoders the platform's panels are going to use,
this isn't true, an overlay manager connects only to a few outputs/encoders, and
choosing any overlay manager for our crtc might lead to a situation where the
encoder cannot connect to any of the crtcs we have chosen. For example, an
omap5-panda board has just one hdmi output. If num_crtc is set to 1, with the
current approach, pipe2chan will pick up the LCD2 overlay manager, which cannot
connect to the hdmi encoder at all. The only manager that could have connected
to hdmi was the TV overlay manager.

Therefore, there is a need to choose our overlay managers keeping in mind the
panels we have on that platform. The new approach iterates through all the
available panels, creates encoders and connectors for them, and then tries to
get a suitable overlay manager to create a crtc which can connect to the
encoders.

We use the dispc_channel field in omap_dss_output to retrieve the desired
overlay manager's channel number, we then check whether the manager had already
been assigned to a crtc or not. If it was already assigned to a crtc, we assume
that out of all the encoders which intend use this crtc, only one will run at a
time. If the overlay manager wan't assigned to a crtc till then, we create a
new crtc and link it with the overlay manager.

This approach just looks for the best dispc_channel for each encoder. On DSS HW,
some encoders can connect to multiple overlay managers. Since we don't try
looking for alternate overlay managers, there is a greater possibility that 2
or more encoders end up asking for the same crtc, causing only one encoder to
run at a time.

Also, this approach isn't the most optimal one, it can do either good or bad
depending on the sequence in which the panels/outputs are parsed. The optimal
way would be some sort of back tracking approach, where we improve the set of
managers we use as we iterate through the list of panels/encoders. That's
something left for later.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agodrm/omap: Take a fb reference in omap_plane_update()
Archit Taneja [Tue, 9 Apr 2013 12:26:00 +0000 (15:26 +0300)]
drm/omap: Take a fb reference in omap_plane_update()

When userspace calls SET_PLANE ioctl, drm core takes a reference of the fb and
passes control to the update_plane op defined by the drm driver.

In omapdrm, we have a worker thread which queues framebuffers objects received
from update_plane and displays them at the appropriate time.

It is possible that the framebuffer is destoryed by userspace between the time
of calling the ioctl and apply-worker being scheduled. If this happens, the
apply-worker holds a pointer to a framebuffer which is already destroyed.

Take an extra refernece/unreference of the fb in omap_plane_update() to prevent
this from happening. A reference is taken of the fb passed to update_plane(),
the previous framebuffer (held by plane->fb) is unreferenced. This will prevent
drm from destroying the framebuffer till the time it's unreferenced by the
apply-worker.

This is in addition to the exisitng reference/unreference in update_pin(),
which is taken for the scanout of the plane's current framebuffer, and an
unreference the previous framebuffer.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Rob Clark <robdclark@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agodrm/omap: Make fixed resolution panels work
Archit Taneja [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 13:45:20 +0000 (19:15 +0530)]
drm/omap: Make fixed resolution panels work

The omapdrm driver requires omapdss panel drivers to expose ops like detect,
set_timings and check_timings. These can be NULL for fixed panel DPI, DBI, DSI
and SDI drivers. At some places, there are no checks to see if the panel driver
has these ops or not, and that leads to a crash.

The following things are done to make fixed panels work:

- The omap_connector's detect function is modified such that it considers panel
  types which are generally fixed panels as always connected(provided the panel
  driver doesn't have a detect op). Hence, the connector corresponding to these
  panels is always in a 'connected' state.

- If a panel driver doesn't have a check_timings op, assume that it supports the
  mode passed to omap_connector_mode_valid(the 'mode_valid' drm helper function)

- The function omap_encoder_update shouldn't really do anything for fixed
  resolution panels, make sure that it calls set_timings only if the panel
  driver has one.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Rob Clark <robdclark@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agodrm/omap: fix modeset_init if a panel doesn't satisfy omapdrm requirements
Archit Taneja [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 13:45:18 +0000 (19:15 +0530)]
drm/omap: fix modeset_init if a panel doesn't satisfy omapdrm requirements

modeset_init iterates through all the registered omapdss devices and has some
initial checks to see if the panel has a driver and the required driver ops for
it to be usable by omapdrm.

The function bails out from modeset_init if a panel doesn't meet the
requirements, and stops the registration of the future panels and encoders which
come after it, that isn't the correct thing to do, we should go through the rest
of the panels. Replace the 'return's with 'continue's.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Rob Clark <robdclark@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DPI: widen the pck search when using dss fck 3.10/2-dsi-video-mode
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 10 Apr 2013 11:54:54 +0000 (14:54 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DPI: widen the pck search when using dss fck

When not using DSI PLL to generate the pixel clock, but DSS FCK, the
possible pixel clock rates are rather limited. DSS FCK is currently used
on OMAP2 and OMAP3.

When using Beagleboard with a monitor that supports high resolutions,
the clock rates do not match (at least for me) for the monitor's pixel
clocks within the current threshold in the code, which is +/- 1MHz.

This patch widens the search up to +/- 15MHz. The search is done in
steps, i.e. it first tries to find a rather exact clock, than a bit less
exact, etc. so this should not change the cases where a clock was
already found.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: fix dss_fck clock rate rounding
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 10 Apr 2013 11:47:38 +0000 (14:47 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: fix dss_fck clock rate rounding

DSS func clock is calculated with prate / div * m. However, the current
omapdss code calculates it with prate * m / div, which yields a slightly
different result when there's a remainder. For example, 432000000 / 14 *
2 = 61714284, but 432000000 * 2 / 14 = 61714285.

In addition to that, the clock framework wants the clock rate given with
clk_set_rate to be higher than the actual (truncated) end result. So, if
prate is 432000000, and div is 14, the real result is 30857142.8571...
We need to call clk_set_rate with 30857143, which gives us a clock of
30857142. That's why we need to use DIV_ROUND_UP() when calling
clk_set_rate.

This patch fixes the clock calculation.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoomapdss: use devm_clk_get() 3.10/omapdss-misc
Archit Taneja [Mon, 8 Apr 2013 08:55:00 +0000 (11:55 +0300)]
omapdss: use devm_clk_get()

Use devm_clk_get() instead of clk_get() for dss, and for outputs hdmi
and venc. This reduces code and simplifies error handling.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: nec-nl8048 panel: Use dev_pm_ops
Lars-Peter Clausen [Sun, 7 Apr 2013 09:14:00 +0000 (12:14 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: nec-nl8048 panel: Use dev_pm_ops

Use dev_pm_ops instead of the deprecated legacy suspend/resume callbacks.

Signed-off-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: Revert to older DISPC Smart Standby mechanism for OMAP5
Archit Taneja [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 13:45:25 +0000 (19:15 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: Revert to older DISPC Smart Standby mechanism for OMAP5

DISPC on OMAP5 has a more optimised mechanism of asserting Mstandby to achieve
more power savings when DISPC is configured in Smart Standby mode. This
mechanism leads to underflows when multiple DISPC pipes are enabled.

There is a register field which can let us revert to the older mechanism of
asserting Mstandby. Configure this field to prevent underflows.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: Configure doublestride for NV12 when using 2D Tiler buffers
Archit Taneja [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 13:45:24 +0000 (19:15 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: Configure doublestride for NV12 when using 2D Tiler buffers

When using a DISPC video pipeline to a fetch a NV12 buffer in a 2D container, we
need to set set a doublestride bit in the video pipe's ATTRIBUTES register. This
is needed because the stride for the UV plane(using a 16 bit Tiler container) is
double the stride for the Y plane(using a 8 bit Tiler container) for the 0 or
180 degree views. The ROW_INC register is meant for the Y plane, and the HW will
calculate the row increment needed for the UV plane by using double the stride
value based on whether this bit is set or not.

Set the bit when we are using a 2D Tiler buffer and when rotation is 0 or 180
degrees. The stride value is the same for 90 and 270 degree Tiler views, hence
the bit shouldn't be set.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoomapdss: Features: Fix some parameter ranges
Archit Taneja [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 13:45:23 +0000 (19:15 +0530)]
omapdss: Features: Fix some parameter ranges

Increase the DSS_FCLK and DSI_FCLK max supported frequencies, these come because
some frequencies were increased from OMAP5 ES1 to OMAP5 ES2. We support only
OMAP5 ES2 in the kernel, so replace the ES1 values with ES2 values. Increase the
DSI PLL Fint range, this was previously just copied from the OMAP4 param range
struct.

Fix the maximum DSS_FCLK on OMAP2, it's 133 Mhz according to the TRM.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoomapdss: DISPC: add max pixel clock limits for LCD and TV managers
Archit Taneja [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 13:45:22 +0000 (19:15 +0530)]
omapdss: DISPC: add max pixel clock limits for LCD and TV managers

Each version of OMAP has a limitation on the maximum pixel clock frequency
supported by an overlay manager. This limit isn't checked by omapdss. Add
dispc feats for lcd and tv managers and check whether the target timings can
be supported or not.

The pixel clock limitations are actually more complex. They depend on which OPP
OMAP is in, and they also depend on which encoder is the manager connected to.
The OPP dependence is ignored as DSS forces the PM framework to be on OPP100
when DSS is enabled, and the encoder dependencies are ignored by DISPC for now.
These limits should come from the encoder driver.

The OMAP2 TRM doesn't mention the maximum pixel clock limit. This value is left
as half of DSS_FCLK, as OMAP2 requires the PCD to be atleast 2.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: Use devm_clk_get()
Sachin Kamat [Tue, 2 Apr 2013 11:33:00 +0000 (14:33 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: Use devm_clk_get()

Using devm_clk_get cleans up some code.

Signed-off-by: Sachin Kamat <sachin.kamat@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agodrivers: video: omap2: dss: Use PTR_RET function
Alexandru Gheorghiu [Tue, 19 Mar 2013 08:03:14 +0000 (10:03 +0200)]
drivers: video: omap2: dss: Use PTR_RET function

Use PTR_RET function instead of IS_ERR and PTR_ERR.
Patch found using coccinelle.

Signed-off-by: Alexandru Gheorghiu <gheorghiuandru@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: VENC: remove platform_enable/disable calls 3.10/1-panel-cleanup
Archit Taneja [Tue, 20 Nov 2012 09:28:17 +0000 (14:58 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: VENC: remove platform_enable/disable calls

The platform_enable/disable callbacks in board files for VENC omap_dss_device
instances don't do anything. Hence, we can remove these callbacks from the VENC
driver.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: n8x0 panel: remove use of platform_enable/disable
Archit Taneja [Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:41:42 +0000 (15:11 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: n8x0 panel: remove use of platform_enable/disable

The n8x0 panel driver now manages the gpios required to configure the panel.
This was previously done in panel_n8x0_data's platform_enable/disable callbacks
defined in board files using this panel.

All the board files using this panel now pass the gpio information as platform
data via the panel_n8x0_data struct, which is needed by the panel driver to
configure the gpios connected to the panel. Hence, the uses of
platform_enable/disable ops can be safely removed now.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: n8x0 panel: handle gpio data in panel driver
Archit Taneja [Wed, 21 Nov 2012 06:38:40 +0000 (12:08 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: n8x0 panel: handle gpio data in panel driver

The n8x0 panel driver leaves gpio configurations to the platform_enable and
disable calls in the platform's board file. These should happen in the panel
driver itself.

A platform data struct called panel_n8x0_data already exists to hold gpio
numbers and other platform data. However, the gpio requests are expected to be
done in the board file and not the panel driver.

Request all the gpios in the panel driver so that the board files which use
the the panel don't need to do it. This will help in removing the need for the
panel drivers to have platform related callbacks.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: picodlp panel: remove platform_enable/disable callbacks
Archit Taneja [Tue, 4 Dec 2012 10:13:38 +0000 (15:43 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: picodlp panel: remove platform_enable/disable callbacks

The picodlp panel driver now manages the gpios required to configure the
panel. This was previously done in omap_dss_device's platform_enable/disable
callbacks defined in board files using this panel.

All the board files using this panel now pass the gpio information as platform
data via the panel_generic_dpi_data struct, which is needed by the panel driver
to configure the gpios connected to the panel. Hence, the
platform_enable/disable ops can be safely removed now.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: picodlp panel: handle gpio data in panel driver
Archit Taneja [Tue, 4 Dec 2012 10:06:34 +0000 (15:36 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: picodlp panel: handle gpio data in panel driver

The picodlp panel driver leaves gpio requests to the platform's board file.
These should happen in the panel driver itself.

A platform data struct called picodlp_panel_data already exists to hold gpio
numbers and other platform data. Request all the gpios in the panel driver so
that the board files which use the the panel don't need to do it.

This will help in removing the need for the panel drivers to have platform
related callbacks.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: tpo-td043: remove platform_enable/disable callbacks
Archit Taneja [Mon, 17 Sep 2012 09:12:04 +0000 (12:12 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: tpo-td043: remove platform_enable/disable callbacks

The tpo-td043 panel driver now manages the gpios required to configure the panel.
This was previously done in omap_dss_device's platform_enable/disable callbacks
defined in board files using this panel.

All the board files using this panel now pass the gpio information as platform
data via the panel_tpo_td043_data struct, which is needed by the panel driver to
configure the gpios connected to the panel. Hence, the platform_enable/disable
ops can be safely removed now.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: tpo-td043 panel: handle gpios in panel driver
Archit Taneja [Wed, 21 Nov 2012 10:09:31 +0000 (15:39 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: tpo-td043 panel: handle gpios in panel driver

The tpo-td043mtea1 panel driver leaves gpio configurations to the
platform_enable and disable calls in the platform's board file. These should
happen in the panel driver itself.

Create a platform data struct for the panel, this contains the reset gpio
number used by the panel driver, this struct will be passed to the panel driver
as platform data. The driver will request and configure the reset gpio rather
than leaving it to platform callbacks in board files.

This will help in removing the need for the panel drivers to have platform
related callbacks.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: nec-nl8048 panel: remove platform_enable/disable callbacks
Archit Taneja [Mon, 17 Sep 2012 09:09:48 +0000 (12:09 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: nec-nl8048 panel: remove platform_enable/disable callbacks

The nec-nl8048 panel driver now manages the gpios required to configure the
panel. This was previously done in omap_dss_device's platform_enable/disable
callbacks defined in board files using this panel.

All the board files using this panel now pass the gpio information as platform
data via the panel_nec_nl8048_data struct, which is needed by the panel driver
to configure the gpios connected to the panel. Hence, the
platform_enable/disable ops can be safely removed now.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: nec-nl8048 panel: handle gpios in panel driver
Archit Taneja [Mon, 17 Sep 2012 09:08:36 +0000 (12:08 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: nec-nl8048 panel: handle gpios in panel driver

The nec-nl8048hl11-01 panel driver leaves gpio configurations to the
platform_enable and disable calls in the platform's board file. These should
happen in the panel driver itself.

Create a platform data struct for the panel, this contains the gpio numbers
used by the panel driver, this struct will be passed to the panel driver as
platform data. The driver will request and configure these gpios rather than
leaving it to platform callbacks in board files.

This will help in removing the need for the panel drivers to have platform
related callbacks.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: acx565akm panel: handle gpios in panel driver
Archit Taneja [Tue, 20 Nov 2012 06:05:23 +0000 (11:35 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: acx565akm panel: handle gpios in panel driver

The acx565akm panel driver leaves gpio configurations to the platform_enable
and disable calls in the platform's board file. These should happen in the panel
driver itself.

Create a platform data struct for the panel, this contains the reset gpio number
used by the panel driver, this struct will be passed to the panel driver as
platform data. The driver will request and configure the reset gpio rather than
leaving it to platform callbacks in board files.

This will help in removing the need for the panel drivers to have platform
related callbacks.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: sharp-ls panel: remove platform_enable/disable callbacks
Archit Taneja [Mon, 17 Sep 2012 08:49:35 +0000 (11:49 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: sharp-ls panel: remove platform_enable/disable callbacks

The sharp-ls panel driver now manages the gpios required to configure the panel.
This was previously done in omap_dss_device's platform_enable/disable callbacks
defined in board files using this panel.

All the board files using this panel now pass the gpio information as platform
data via the panel_sharp_ls037v7dw01_data struct, which is needed by the panel
driver to configure the gpios connected to the panel. Hence, the
platform_enable/disable ops can be safely removed now.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: LS037V7DW01: handle gpios in panel driver
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 3 Apr 2013 08:39:19 +0000 (11:39 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: LS037V7DW01: handle gpios in panel driver

Move the GPIO handling from board file's platform callbacks to the panel
driver, which gets the gpios via platform data.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: generic dpi panel: remove uses of platform_enable/disable ops
Archit Taneja [Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:40:14 +0000 (15:10 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: generic dpi panel: remove uses of platform_enable/disable ops

The generic dpi panel driver now sets the gpios required to configure the panel.
This was previously done in platform_enable/disable callbacks in board files.

All the board files using generic dpi panel now correctly pass the gpio related
information as platform data, which is needed by the panel driver to configure
the panel. Hence, the platform_enable/disable ops can be safely removed now.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: lb035q02 panel: remove platform_enable/disable callbacks
Archit Taneja [Mon, 17 Sep 2012 08:51:09 +0000 (11:51 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: lb035q02 panel: remove platform_enable/disable callbacks

The lgphilips panel driver now manages the gpios required to configure the
panel. This was previously done in omap_dss_device's platform_enable/disable
callbacks defined in board files using this panel.

All the board files using this panel now pass the gpio information as platform
data via the panel_generic_dpi_data struct, which is needed by the panel driver
to configure the gpios connected to the panel. Hence, the
platform_enable/disable ops can be safely removed now.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: lb035q02: handle gpios in panel driver
Archit Taneja [Fri, 30 Nov 2012 09:41:09 +0000 (15:11 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: lb035q02: handle gpios in panel driver

The lgphilips panel driver leaves gpio configurations to the platform_enable
and disable calls in the platform's board file. These should happen in the
panel driver itself.

Use the platform data as defined for generic dpi panels to pass gpio information
to the lgphilips driver.

This will help in removing the need for the panel drivers to have platform
related callbacks.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: generic dpi panel: handle gpios in panel driver
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:29:17 +0000 (14:59 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: generic dpi panel: handle gpios in panel driver

The generic dpi panel driver leaves gpio configurations to the platform_enable
and disable calls in the platform's board file. These should happen in the
panel driver itself.

Add a generic way of passing gpio information to the generic dpi panel driver
via it's platform_data. This information includes the number of gpios used by
the panel, the gpio number and logic level (active high/low) for each gpio. This
gpio data will be used by the driver to request and configure the gpios required
by the panel.

This will help in removing the need for the panel drivers to have platform
related callbacks.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: panel acx565akm: remove omap_dss_device maximum backlight level usage
Archit Taneja [Tue, 12 Feb 2013 10:46:10 +0000 (16:16 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: panel acx565akm: remove omap_dss_device maximum backlight level usage

The omap_dss_device structs's max_backlight_level is used to pass maximum
backlight level for the platform. However, no board file using this panel
populates this field. Therefore, we remove it's usage from the panel driver.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: picodlp: use devm_kzalloc for allocating driver data
Archit Taneja [Tue, 20 Nov 2012 08:53:27 +0000 (14:23 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: picodlp: use devm_kzalloc for allocating driver data

Use devm_kzalloc instead of kzalloc to allocate driver data for the picodlp
panel driver. This simplifies the driver's probe and remove functions.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: lb035q02: use devm_kzalloc for allocating driver data
Archit Taneja [Fri, 30 Nov 2012 09:39:07 +0000 (15:09 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: lb035q02: use devm_kzalloc for allocating driver data

Use devm_kzalloc instead of kzalloc to allocate driver data for the lg phillips
panel driver. This simplifies the driver's probe and remove functions.

Cc: Steve Sakoman <steve@sakoman.com>
Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: Generic DPI Panel: use devm_kzalloc for allocating driver data
Archit Taneja [Fri, 14 Sep 2012 12:17:01 +0000 (15:17 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: Generic DPI Panel: use devm_kzalloc for allocating driver data

Use devm_kzalloc instead of kzalloc to allocate driver data for the generic dpi
panel driver. This simplifies the driver's probe and remove functions.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: n8x0: remove platform backlight calls
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 12 Feb 2013 11:15:23 +0000 (16:45 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: n8x0: remove platform backlight calls

The n8x0 panel contains support to call platform backlight functions.
These are not used by any board, and can be removed.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: NEC-nl8048hl11: remove platform backlight support
Archit Taneja [Wed, 13 Feb 2013 09:20:21 +0000 (14:50 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: NEC-nl8048hl11: remove platform backlight support

NEC-nl8048hl11 driver contains support to call platform backlight
functions. These are not used by any board, and can be removed.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: ls037v7dw01: remove platform backlight calls
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 14 Sep 2012 10:25:00 +0000 (13:25 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: ls037v7dw01: remove platform backlight calls

Sharp ls037v7dw01 driver contains support to call platform backlight
functions. These are not used by any board, and can be removed.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: acx565akm: remove platform backlight calls
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 14 Sep 2012 10:20:22 +0000 (13:20 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: acx565akm: remove platform backlight calls

acx565akm has support to call set_backlight/get_backlight in platform
code. They are not used by any board, and thus can be removed from the
driver.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: remove dsi videomode from dssdev
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 6 Mar 2013 15:17:26 +0000 (17:17 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: remove dsi videomode from dssdev

DSI videomode is no longer needed in the omap_dss_device, so remove it.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: remove unused old clock calculation code
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 15:23:59 +0000 (17:23 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: remove unused old clock calculation code

Now that the old clock calculation code is no longer used, we can remove
it from the driver.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: use new clock calculation code
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 15:21:35 +0000 (17:21 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: use new clock calculation code

Use the new clock calculation code in the DSI driver.

The new code does not need DSI video mode parameters from the panel
driver, like the old code does. Instead the new code is given the normal
video timings, and a few DSI parameters, which are used to create DSI
video timings.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DPI: use new clock calculation code
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 15:07:16 +0000 (17:07 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DPI: use new clock calculation code

Use the new clock calculation code in the DPI driver.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: SDI: use new clock calculation code
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 15:06:26 +0000 (17:06 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: SDI: use new clock calculation code

Use the new clock calculation code in the SDI driver.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: add new clock calculation code
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 14:39:00 +0000 (16:39 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: add new clock calculation code

Add new way to iterate over DSI PLL and HSDIV clock divisors.
dsi_pll_calc() and dss_hsdiv_calc() provide a generic way to go over
all the divisors, within given clock range. The functions will call a
callback function for each divider set, making the function reusable for
all use cases.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSS: add new clock calculation code
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 14:34:05 +0000 (16:34 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSS: add new clock calculation code

Add new way to iterate over DSS clock divisors. dss_div_calc() provides
a generic way to go over all the divisors, within given clock range.
dss_div_calc() will call a callback function for each divider set,
making the function reusable for all use cases.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: add new clock calculation code
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 14:32:08 +0000 (16:32 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: add new clock calculation code

Add new way to iterate over DISPC clock divisors. dispc_div_calc()
provides a generic way to go over all the divisors, within given pixel
clock range. dispc_div_calc() will call a callback function for each
divider set, making the function reusable for all use cases.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI remove unneeded clk source setup code
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 15:11:16 +0000 (17:11 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI remove unneeded clk source setup code

We always use the same clock sources for DSI, so let's remove the
unnecessary clock source fields from dsi_data.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: add enum omap_dss_dsi_trans_mode
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 14:29:36 +0000 (16:29 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: add enum omap_dss_dsi_trans_mode

Instead of managing DSI sync ends with booleans, add an enum for the DSI
transfer mode. This is much cleaner way to handle the DSI syncs.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: get line buffer size at probe
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 08:37:02 +0000 (10:37 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: get line buffer size at probe

To find out the DSI line buffer size we need to read HW registers. To
make it possible to do DSI configuration calculations without HW powered
up, store the line buffer size at DSI driver's probe.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: simplify dsi configuration
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 6 Mar 2013 09:10:29 +0000 (11:10 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: simplify dsi configuration

We have a bunch of dsi functions that are used to do the basic
configuration for DSI. To simplify things, and to make sure we have all
the necessary information, create a single dsi config function, which
does the basic configuration.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: fix wrong unsigned long long use
Tomi Valkeinen [Thu, 7 Mar 2013 09:21:45 +0000 (11:21 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: fix wrong unsigned long long use

dsi_configure_dispc_clocks() stores dsi func clock into unsigned long
long, but it should really be just unsigned long. Fix this.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: store core clk rate
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 6 Mar 2013 13:54:11 +0000 (15:54 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: store core clk rate

Store dispc core clock rate so that it's available for calculations even
if the HW is disabled.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DPI: fix dpi_get_dsidev() for omap5 3.10/1-dss-dev-model-base
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 11 Mar 2013 11:57:38 +0000 (13:57 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DPI: fix dpi_get_dsidev() for omap5

On OMAP5 the DISPC channels and DSI PLLs are not connected the same way.
LCD2 on OMAP5 cannot use any DSI PLL as a source clock, but LCD3 can use
DSI2's PLL.

This patch fixes dpi_get_dsidev() by adding separate case for OMAP5 to
handle the difference.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: Taal: remove rotate & mirror support
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 4 Mar 2013 10:57:35 +0000 (12:57 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: Taal: remove rotate & mirror support

Taal panel driver has support to set rotation and mirroring. However,
these features cannot be used without causing tearing, and are never
used. The code is just extra bloat, so let's remove it.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: fix DSI channel source initialization
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:42:59 +0000 (13:42 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: fix DSI channel source initialization

During the initialization of the DSI protocol registers, we always set
the sources of all DSI channels to L4. However, we don't update the
value in the dsi_data, so we may end up with a different value in the
register and in the dsi_data, leading to DSI problems.

This patch fixes the issue by initializing also the channel source in
the dsi_data.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: delay dispc initialization
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 22 Feb 2013 10:58:35 +0000 (12:58 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: delay dispc initialization

We currently setup both DSI and DISPC related things when the DSI bus is
enabled. There's no need for DISPC related thing at that point, though,
but only later when the video output is enabled.

To make it possible to use the DSI bus before DISPC overlay manager is
selected, this patch moves DSI's DISPC initialization to
dsi_enable_video_output(), from omapdss_dsi_display_enable(). We also
move the selection of DISPC's LCD clock to dsi_enable_video_output.

This way there are no DISPC dependencies until the video output is
enabled.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: add output->dispc_channel
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 13 Feb 2013 09:23:54 +0000 (11:23 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: add output->dispc_channel

The DISPC channel used for each output is currently passed in panel
platform data from the board files.

To simplify this, and to make the panel drivers less dependent on OMAP,
this patch changes omapdss to resolve the channel independently. The
channel is resolved based on the OMAP version and, in case of DSI, the
DSI module id. This resolved channel is stored into a new field in
output, dispc_channel.

The few places where dssdev->channel was used are changed to use
output->recommended_channel. After this patch, dssdev->channel is
obsolete.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: add output->name
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:06:01 +0000 (13:06 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: add output->name

Add name field to omapdss's outputs so that in the following patches
panels refer to the output by their name. The name also helps debugging.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: init output earlier
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 13 Feb 2013 10:17:43 +0000 (12:17 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: init output earlier

Move hdmi driver's output initialization a bit earlier, so that it
happens before hdmi panel init. In the future the hdmi panel will depend
on the output being ready.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: add missing export for omap_dss_get_output()
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:47:42 +0000 (13:47 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: add missing export for omap_dss_get_output()

omap_dss_get_output() is a public function, but was missing
EXPORT_SYMBOL().

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: APPLY: remove dssdev from dss_mgr_wait_for_vsync
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:24:38 +0000 (14:24 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: APPLY: remove dssdev from dss_mgr_wait_for_vsync

dss_mgr_wait_for_vsync() uses dssdev->type to find out if the output is
going to VENC, HDMI, or something else. This creates a dependency on
dssdev, which we want to remove. The task is more logically done by
looking at the output to which the overlay manager in question is
connected to.

This patch changes the code to use output->id to find out which kind of
output we use.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: Taal: remove multi-panel support
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 16 Nov 2012 12:48:51 +0000 (14:48 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: Taal: remove multi-panel support

Taal panel driver was originally meant to support multiple different DSI
command mode panel models. This never realized, and the multi-panel
support code is lying there unused, making the driver more difficult to
maintain.

This patch removes the multi-panel support from Taal driver.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: remove omap_dss_device uses
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 27 Nov 2012 15:32:36 +0000 (17:32 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: remove omap_dss_device uses

The role of struct omap_dss_device will change in the future. The exact
details of that are still a bit unclear. However, the less uses of
omap_dss_device we have, the easier the change is in the future.

This patch removes uses of omap_dss_device from dsi.c, where it can be
done easily. Mostly this means passing dsi platform device to functions,
instead of the omap_dss_device.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DPI: remove omap_dss_device uses
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 27 Nov 2012 14:41:16 +0000 (16:41 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DPI: remove omap_dss_device uses

The role of struct omap_dss_device will change in the future. The exact
details of that are still a bit unclear. However, the less uses of
omap_dss_device we have, the easier the change is in the future.

This patch removes uses of omap_dss_device from dpi.c, where it can be
done neatly, by, for example, passing some lower level parameter in
function parameters.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: remove HDMI clk divisors from dssdev
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 12 Feb 2013 13:15:21 +0000 (15:15 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: remove HDMI clk divisors from dssdev

struct omap_dss_device contains HDMI clock divisors. The idea is that the
board file can pass precalculated divisors to the display driver.
However, these divsors are no longer needed, as the omapdss driver can
calculate the divisors during runtime.

This patch removes the divisors from omap_dss_device, and their uses
from the hdmi driver.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: remove DSI & DISPC clk divisors from dssdev
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 27 Nov 2012 15:05:54 +0000 (17:05 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: remove DSI & DISPC clk divisors from dssdev

struct omap_dss_device contains DSS clock divisors. The idea is that the
board file can pass precalculated divisors to the display driver.
However, these divsors are no longer needed, as the omapdss driver can
calculate the divisors during runtime.

This patch removes the divisors from omap_dss_device, and their uses
from the dsi driver.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: add fields to panels' platform data 3.10/0-dss-headers
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:29:17 +0000 (14:59 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: add fields to panels' platform data

Forthcoming panel patches will change the panel drivers to use platform
data to pass panel's gpios to the panel driver. This patch adds the
required fields and platform data structs to the omap-panel-data.h file,
so that the board files can be changed independently of the panel driver
changes.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: panels: keep platform data of all panels in a single header
Archit Taneja [Tue, 12 Feb 2013 11:16:46 +0000 (16:46 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: panels: keep platform data of all panels in a single header

Structs for platform data of omapdss panels are found in headers in the
'include/video/' path. Board files populate these structs with platform
specific values, and the panel driver uses these to configure the panel.

Currently, each panel has it's own header in the above path. Move all the
omapdss panel platform data structs to a single header omap-panel-data.h.
This is useful because:

- All other omapdss panel drivers will be modified to use platform data. This
  would lead to a lot of panel headers usable only by omapdss. A lot of these
  platform data structs are trivial, and don't really need a separate header.
- Platform data would be eventually removed, and platform information would be
  passed via device tree. Therefore, omapdss panel platform data structs are
  temporary, and will be easier to remove if they are all in the same header.
- All board files will have to include the same header to configure a panel's
  platform data, that makes the board files more consistent.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoLinux 3.9-rc5
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 31 Mar 2013 22:12:43 +0000 (15:12 -0700)]
Linux 3.9-rc5

5 years agoMerge branch 'fixes' of git://git.infradead.org/users/vkoul/slave-dma
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 31 Mar 2013 18:41:47 +0000 (11:41 -0700)]
Merge branch 'fixes' of git://git.infradead.org/users/vkoul/slave-dma

Pull slave-dmaengine fixes from Vinod Koul:
 "Two fixes for slave-dmaengine.

  The first one is for making slave_id value correct for dw_dmac and
  the other one fixes the endieness in DT parsing"

* 'fixes' of git://git.infradead.org/users/vkoul/slave-dma:
  dw_dmac: adjust slave_id accordingly to request line base
  dmaengine: dw_dma: fix endianess for DT xlate function

5 years agoMerge branch 'v4l_for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mchehab...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 31 Mar 2013 18:40:33 +0000 (11:40 -0700)]
Merge branch 'v4l_for_linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/mchehab/linux-media

Pull media fixes from Mauro Carvalho Chehab:
 "For a some fixes for Kernel 3.9:
   - subsystem build fix when VIDEO_DEV=y, VIDEO_V4L2=m and I2C=m
   - compilation fix for arm multiarch preventing IR_RX51 to be selected
   - regression fix at bttv crop logic
   - s5p-mfc/m5mols/exynos: a few fixes for cameras on exynos hardware"

* 'v4l_for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mchehab/linux-media:
  [media] [REGRESSION] bt8xx: Fix too large height in cropcap
  [media] fix compilation with both V4L2 and I2C as 'm'
  [media] m5mols: Fix bug in stream on handler
  [media] s5p-fimc: Do not attempt to disable not enabled media pipeline
  [media] s5p-mfc: Fix encoder control 15 issue
  [media] s5p-mfc: Fix frame skip bug
  [media] s5p-fimc: send valid m2m ctx to fimc_m2m_job_finish
  [media] exynos-gsc: send valid m2m ctx to gsc_m2m_job_finish
  [media] fimc-lite: Fix the variable type to avoid possible crash
  [media] fimc-lite: Initialize 'step' field in fimc_lite_ctrl structure
  [media] ir: IR_RX51 only works on OMAP2

5 years agoMerge tag 'for-linus-20130331' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 31 Mar 2013 18:38:59 +0000 (11:38 -0700)]
Merge tag 'for-linus-20130331' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block

Pull block fixes from Jens Axboe:
 "Alright, this time from 10K up in the air.

  Collection of fixes that have been queued up since the merge window
  opened, hence postponed until later in the cycle.  The pull request
  contains:

   - A bunch of fixes for the xen blk front/back driver.

   - A round of fixes for the new IBM RamSan driver, fixing various
     nasty issues.

   - Fixes for multiple drives from Wei Yongjun, bad handling of return
     values and wrong pointer math.

   - A fix for loop properly killing partitions when being detached."

* tag 'for-linus-20130331' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block: (25 commits)
  mg_disk: fix error return code in mg_probe()
  rsxx: remove unused variable
  rsxx: enable error return of rsxx_eeh_save_issued_dmas()
  block: removes dynamic allocation on stack
  Block: blk-flush: Fixed indent code style
  cciss: fix invalid use of sizeof in cciss_find_cfgtables()
  loop: cleanup partitions when detaching loop device
  loop: fix error return code in loop_add()
  mtip32xx: fix error return code in mtip_pci_probe()
  xen-blkfront: remove frame list from blk_shadow
  xen-blkfront: pre-allocate pages for requests
  xen-blkback: don't store dev_bus_addr
  xen-blkfront: switch from llist to list
  xen-blkback: fix foreach_grant_safe to handle empty lists
  xen-blkfront: replace kmalloc and then memcpy with kmemdup
  xen-blkback: fix dispatch_rw_block_io() error path
  rsxx: fix missing unlock on error return in rsxx_eeh_remap_dmas()
  Adding in EEH support to the IBM FlashSystem 70/80 device driver
  block: IBM RamSan 70/80 error message bug fix.
  block: IBM RamSan 70/80 branding changes.
  ...

5 years agoRevert "lockdep: check that no locks held at freeze time"
Paul Walmsley [Sun, 31 Mar 2013 00:04:40 +0000 (00:04 +0000)]
Revert "lockdep: check that no locks held at freeze time"

This reverts commit 6aa9707099c4b25700940eb3d016f16c4434360d.

Commit 6aa9707099c4 ("lockdep: check that no locks held at freeze time")
causes problems with NFS root filesystems.  The failures were noticed on
OMAP2 and 3 boards during kernel init:

  [ BUG: swapper/0/1 still has locks held! ]
  3.9.0-rc3-00344-ga937536 #1 Not tainted
  -------------------------------------
  1 lock held by swapper/0/1:
   #0:  (&type->s_umount_key#13/1){+.+.+.}, at: [<c011e84c>] sget+0x248/0x574

  stack backtrace:
    rpc_wait_bit_killable
    __wait_on_bit
    out_of_line_wait_on_bit
    __rpc_execute
    rpc_run_task
    rpc_call_sync
    nfs_proc_get_root
    nfs_get_root
    nfs_fs_mount_common
    nfs_try_mount
    nfs_fs_mount
    mount_fs
    vfs_kern_mount
    do_mount
    sys_mount
    do_mount_root
    mount_root
    prepare_namespace
    kernel_init_freeable
    kernel_init

Although the rootfs mounts, the system is unstable.  Here's a transcript
from a PM test:

  http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.9-rc3/20130317194234/pm/37xxevm/37xxevm_log.txt

Here's what the test log should look like:

  http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.8/20130218214403/pm/37xxevm/37xxevm_log.txt

Mailing list discussion is here:

  http://lkml.org/lkml/2013/3/4/221

Deal with this for v3.9 by reverting the problem commit, until folks can
figure out the right long-term course of action.

Signed-off-by: Paul Walmsley <paul@pwsan.com>
Cc: Mandeep Singh Baines <msb@chromium.org>
Cc: Jeff Layton <jlayton@redhat.com>
Cc: Shawn Guo <shawn.guo@linaro.org>
Cc: <maciej.rutecki@gmail.com>
Cc: Fengguang Wu <fengguang.wu@intel.com>
Cc: Trond Myklebust <Trond.Myklebust@netapp.com>
Cc: Ingo Molnar <mingo@redhat.com>
Cc: Ben Chan <benchan@chromium.org>
Cc: Oleg Nesterov <oleg@redhat.com>
Cc: Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org>
Cc: Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@sisk.pl>
Cc: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
5 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nab/target-pending
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 30 Mar 2013 20:13:05 +0000 (13:13 -0700)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/nab/target-pending

Pull SCSI target fixes from Nicholas Bellinger:
 "This includes the bug-fix for a >= v3.8-rc1 regression specific to
  iscsi-target persistent reservation conflict handling (CC'ed to
  stable), and a tcm_vhost patch to drop VIRTIO_RING_F_EVENT_IDX usage
  so that in-flight qemu vhost-scsi-pci device code can detect the
  proper vhost feature bits.

  Also, there are two more tcm_vhost patches still being discussed by
  MST and Asias for v3.9 that will be required for the in-flight qemu
  vhost-scsi-pci device patch to function properly, and that should
  (hopefully) be the last target fixes for this round."

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nab/target-pending:
  target: Fix RESERVATION_CONFLICT status regression for iscsi-target special case
  tcm_vhost: Avoid VIRTIO_RING_F_EVENT_IDX feature bit

5 years agodw_dmac: adjust slave_id accordingly to request line base
Andy Shevchenko [Wed, 20 Feb 2013 11:52:17 +0000 (13:52 +0200)]
dw_dmac: adjust slave_id accordingly to request line base

On some hardware configurations we have got the request line with the offset.
The patch introduces convert_slave_id() helper for that cases. The request line
base is came from the driver data provided by the platform_device_id table.

Signed-off-by: Mika Westerberg <mika.westerberg@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Viresh Kumar <viresh.kumar@linaro.org>
Acked-by: Viresh Kumar <viresh.kumar@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Vinod Koul <vinod.koul@intel.com>
5 years agodmaengine: dw_dma: fix endianess for DT xlate function
Arnd Bergmann [Sun, 3 Mar 2013 20:51:28 +0000 (20:51 +0000)]
dmaengine: dw_dma: fix endianess for DT xlate function

As reported by Wu Fengguang's build robot tracking sparse warnings, the
dma_spec arguments in the dw_dma_xlate are already byte swapped on
little-endian platforms and must not get swapped again. This code is
currently not used anywhere, but will be used in Linux 3.10 when the
ARM SPEAr platform starts using the generic DMA DT binding.

Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
Reported-by: Fengguang Wu <fengguang.wu@intel.com>
Acked-by: Viresh Kumar <viresh.kumar@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Vinod Koul <vinod.koul@intel.com>
5 years agoPNP: List Rafael Wysocki as a maintainer
Rafael J. Wysocki [Fri, 29 Mar 2013 21:59:53 +0000 (22:59 +0100)]
PNP: List Rafael Wysocki as a maintainer

The Adam Belay's e-mail address in MAINTAINERS under PNP SUPPORT
is not valid any more and I started to maintain that code in the
meantime as a matter of fact, so list myself as a maintainer of it
along with Bjorn and remove the Adam's entry from it.

Signed-off-by: Rafael J. Wysocki <rafael.j.wysocki@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
5 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sage/ceph...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:47:43 +0000 (11:47 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/sage/ceph-client

Pull ceph fix from Sage Weil:
 "This fixes a regression introduced during the last merge window when
  mapping non-existent images."

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sage/ceph-client:
  rbd: don't zero-fill non-image object requests

5 years agorbd: don't zero-fill non-image object requests
Alex Elder [Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:16:30 +0000 (09:16 -0500)]
rbd: don't zero-fill non-image object requests

A result of ENOENT from a read request for an object that's part of
an rbd image indicates that there is a hole in that portion of the
image.  Similarly, a short read for such an object indicates that
the remainder of the read should be interpreted a full read with
zeros filling out the end of the request.

This behavior is not correct for objects that are not backing rbd
image data.  Currently rbd_img_obj_request_callback() assumes it
should be done for all objects.

Change rbd_img_obj_request_callback() so it only does this zeroing
for image objects.  Encapsulate that special handling in its own
function.  Add an assertion that the image object request is a bio
request, since we assume that (and we currently don't support any
other types).

This resolves a problem identified here:
    http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/4559

The regression was introduced by bf0d5f503dc11d6314c0503591d258d60ee9c944.

Reported-by: Dan van der Ster <dan@vanderster.com>
Signed-off-by: Alex Elder <elder@inktank.com>
Reviewed-off-by: Sage Weil <sage@inktank.com>
5 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mason/linux...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:13:25 +0000 (11:13 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/mason/linux-btrfs

Pull btrfs fixes from Chris Mason:
 "We've had a busy two weeks of bug fixing.  The biggest patches in here
  are some long standing early-enospc problems (Josef) and a very old
  race where compression and mmap combine forces to lose writes (me).
  I'm fairly sure the mmap bug goes all the way back to the introduction
  of the compression code, which is proof that fsx doesn't trigger every
  possible mmap corner after all.

  I'm sure you'll notice one of these is from this morning, it's a small
  and isolated use-after-free fix in our scrub error reporting.  I
  double checked it here."

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mason/linux-btrfs:
  Btrfs: don't drop path when printing out tree errors in scrub
  Btrfs: fix wrong return value of btrfs_lookup_csum()
  Btrfs: fix wrong reservation of csums
  Btrfs: fix double free in the btrfs_qgroup_account_ref()
  Btrfs: limit the global reserve to 512mb
  Btrfs: hold the ordered operations mutex when waiting on ordered extents
  Btrfs: fix space accounting for unlink and rename
  Btrfs: fix space leak when we fail to reserve metadata space
  Btrfs: fix EIO from btrfs send in is_extent_unchanged for punched holes
  Btrfs: fix race between mmap writes and compression
  Btrfs: fix memory leak in btrfs_create_tree()
  Btrfs: fix locking on ROOT_REPLACE operations in tree mod log
  Btrfs: fix missing qgroup reservation before fallocating
  Btrfs: handle a bogus chunk tree nicely
  Btrfs: update to use fs_state bit

5 years agoia64 idle: delete stale (*idle)() function pointer
Len Brown [Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:02:30 +0000 (11:02 -0700)]
ia64 idle: delete stale (*idle)() function pointer

Commit 3e7fc708eb41 ("ia64 idle: delete pm_idle") in 3.9-rc1 didn't
finish the job, leaving an un-initialized reference to (*idle)().

[ Haven't seen a crash from this - but seems like we are just being
  lucky that "idle" is zero so it does get initialized before we jump to
  randomland  - Len ]

Reported-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Signed-off-by: Len Brown <len.brown@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
5 years agoMerge branch 'for-curr' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vgupta/arc
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:00:43 +0000 (11:00 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-curr' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/vgupta/arc

Pull arc architecture fixes from Vineet Gupta:
 "This includes fix for a serious bug in DMA mapping API, make
  allyesconfig wreckage, removal of bogus email-list placeholder in
  MAINTAINERS, a typo in ptrace helper code and last remaining changes
  for syscall ABI v3 which we are finally starting to transition-to
  internally.

  The request is late than I intended to - but I was held up with
  debugging a timer link list corruption, for which a proposed fix to
  generic timer code was sent out to lkml/tglx earlier today."

* 'for-curr' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vgupta/arc:
  ARC: Fix the typo in event identifier flags used by ptrace
  arc: fix dma_address assignment during dma_map_sg()
  ARC: Remove SET_PERSONALITY (tracks cross-arch change)
  ARC: ABIv3: fork/vfork wrappers not needed in "no-legacy-syscall" ABI
  ARC: ABIv3: Print the correct ABI ver
  ARC: make allyesconfig build breakages
  ARC: MAINTAINERS update for ARC

5 years agoBtrfs: don't drop path when printing out tree errors in scrub
Josef Bacik [Fri, 29 Mar 2013 14:09:34 +0000 (08:09 -0600)]
Btrfs: don't drop path when printing out tree errors in scrub

A user reported a panic where we were panicing somewhere in
tree_backref_for_extent from scrub_print_warning.  He only captured the trace
but looking at scrub_print_warning we drop the path right before we mess with
the extent buffer to print out a bunch of stuff, which isn't right.  So fix this
by dropping the path after we use the eb if we need to.  Thanks,

Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Josef Bacik <jbacik@fusionio.com>
Signed-off-by: Chris Mason <chris.mason@fusionio.com>
5 years agotarget: Fix RESERVATION_CONFLICT status regression for iscsi-target special case
Nicholas Bellinger [Fri, 29 Mar 2013 06:06:00 +0000 (23:06 -0700)]
target: Fix RESERVATION_CONFLICT status regression for iscsi-target special case

This patch fixes a regression introduced in v3.8-rc1 code where a failed
target_check_reservation() check in target_setup_cmd_from_cdb() was causing
an incorrect SAM_STAT_GOOD status to be returned during a WRITE operation
performed by an unregistered / unreserved iscsi initiator port.

This regression is only effecting iscsi-target due to a special case check
for TCM_RESERVATION_CONFLICT within iscsi_target_erl1.c:iscsit_execute_cmd(),
and was still correctly disallowing WRITE commands from backend submission
for unregistered / unreserved initiator ports, while returning the incorrect
SAM_STAT_GOOD status due to the missing SAM_STAT_RESERVATION_CONFLICT
assignment.

This regression was first introduced with:

commit de103c93aff0bed0ae984274e5dc8b95899badab
Author: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Date:   Tue Nov 6 12:24:09 2012 -0800

    target: pass sense_reason as a return value

Go ahead and re-add the missing SAM_STAT_RESERVATION_CONFLICT assignment
during a target_check_reservation() failure, so that iscsi-target code
sends the correct SCSI status.

All other fabrics using target_submit_cmd_*() with a RESERVATION_CONFLICT
call to transport_generic_request_failure() are not effected by this bug.

Reported-by: Jeff Leung <jleung@curriegrad2004.ca>
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Nicholas Bellinger <nab@linux-iscsi.org>
5 years agotcm_vhost: Avoid VIRTIO_RING_F_EVENT_IDX feature bit
Nicholas Bellinger [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 00:23:41 +0000 (17:23 -0700)]
tcm_vhost: Avoid VIRTIO_RING_F_EVENT_IDX feature bit

This patch adds a VHOST_SCSI_FEATURES mask minus VIRTIO_RING_F_EVENT_IDX
so that vhost-scsi-pci userspace will strip this feature bit once
GET_FEATURES reports it as being unsupported on the host.

This is to avoid a bug where ->handle_kicks() are missed when EVENT_IDX
is enabled by default in userspace code.

(mst: Rename to VHOST_SCSI_FEATURES + add comment)

Acked-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Asias He <asias@redhat.com>
Cc: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Nicholas Bellinger <nab@linux-iscsi.org>
5 years agoRevert "mm: introduce VM_POPULATE flag to better deal with racy userspace programs"
Michel Lespinasse [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 23:26:23 +0000 (16:26 -0700)]
Revert "mm: introduce VM_POPULATE flag to better deal with racy userspace programs"

This reverts commit 186930500985 ("mm: introduce VM_POPULATE flag to
better deal with racy userspace programs").

VM_POPULATE only has any effect when userspace plays racy games with
vmas by trying to unmap and remap memory regions that mmap or mlock are
operating on.

Also, the only effect of VM_POPULATE when userspace plays such games is
that it avoids populating new memory regions that get remapped into the
address range that was being operated on by the original mmap or mlock
calls.

Let's remove VM_POPULATE as there isn't any strong argument to mandate a
new vm_flag.

Signed-off-by: Michel Lespinasse <walken@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Hugh Dickins <hughd@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
5 years agoMerge tag 'usb-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 22:54:25 +0000 (15:54 -0700)]
Merge tag 'usb-3.9-rc4' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb

Pull USB fixes from Greg Kroah-Hartman:
 "Here are some USB fixes to resolve issues reported recently, as well
  as a new device id for the ftdi_sio driver."

* tag 'usb-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb:
  usb: ftdi_sio: Add support for Mitsubishi FX-USB-AW/-BD
  usb: Fix compile error by selecting USB_OTG_UTILS
  USB: serial: fix hang when opening port
  USB: EHCI: fix bug in iTD/siTD DMA pool allocation
  xhci: Don't warn on empty ring for suspended devices.
  usb: xhci: Fix TRB transfer length macro used for Event TRB.
  usb/acpi: binding xhci root hub usb port with ACPI
  usb: add find_raw_port_number callback to struct hc_driver()
  usb: xhci: fix build warning

5 years agoMerge tag 'tty-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/tty
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 22:53:33 +0000 (15:53 -0700)]
Merge tag 'tty-3.9-rc4' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/gregkh/tty

Pull TTY/serial fixes from Greg Kroah-Hartman:
 "Here are some tty/serial driver fixes for 3.9.

  The big thing here is the fix for the huge mess we caused renaming the
  8250 driver accidentally in the 3.7 kernel release, without realizing
  that there were users of the module options that suddenly broke.  This
  is now resolved, and, to top the injury off, we have a backwards-
  compatible option for those users who got used to the new name since
  3.7.  Ugh, sorry about that.

  Other than that, some other minor fixes for issues that have been
  reported by users."

* tag 'tty-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/tty:
  Xilinx: ARM: UART: clear pending irqs before enabling irqs
  TTY: 8250, deprecated 8250_core.* options
  TTY: 8250, revert module name change
  serial: 8250_pci: Add WCH CH352 quirk to avoid Xscale detection
  tty: atmel_serial_probe(): index of atmel_ports[] fix

5 years agoMerge tag 'staging-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 22:52:54 +0000 (15:52 -0700)]
Merge tag 'staging-3.9-rc4' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging

Pull staging driver fixes from Greg Kroah-Hartman:
 "Here are two tiny staging driver fixes to resolve issues that have
  been reported."

* tag 'staging-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging:
  staging: comedi: s626: fix continuous acquisition
  staging: zcache: fix typo "64_BIT"

5 years agoMerge tag 'driver-core-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 22:52:14 +0000 (15:52 -0700)]
Merge tag 'driver-core-3.9-rc4' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/gregkh/driver-core

Pull sysfs fixes from Greg Kroah-Hartman:
 "Here are two fixes for sysfs that resolve issues that have been found
  by the Trinity fuzz tool, causing oopses in sysfs.  They both have
  been in linux-next for a while to ensure that they do not cause any
  other problems."

* tag 'driver-core-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/driver-core:
  sysfs: handle failure path correctly for readdir()
  sysfs: fix race between readdir and lseek

5 years agoMerge tag 'char-misc-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 22:51:33 +0000 (15:51 -0700)]
Merge tag 'char-misc-3.9-rc4' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/gregkh/char-misc

Pull char/misc driver fixes from Greg Kroah-Hartman:
 "Here are some small char/misc driver fixes that resolve issues
  recently reported against the 3.9-rc kernels.  All have been in
  linux-next for a while."

* tag 'char-misc-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/char-misc:
  VMCI: Fix process-to-process DRGAMs.
  mei: ME hardware reset needs to be synchronized
  mei: add mei_stop function to stop mei device
  extcon: max77693: Initialize register of MUIC device to bring up it without platform data
  extcon: max77693: Fix bug of wrong pointer when platform data is not used
  extcon: max8997: Check the pointer of platform data to protect null pointer error

5 years agoMerge tag 'pm+acpi-3.9-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:47:31 +0000 (13:47 -0700)]
Merge tag 'pm+acpi-3.9-rc5' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm

Pull ACPI and power management fixes from Rafael J Wysocki:

 - Fix for a recent cpufreq regression related to acpi-cpufreq and
   suspend/resume from Viresh Kumar.

 - cpufreq stats reference counting fix from Viresh Kumar.

 - intel_pstate driver fixes from Dirk Brandewie and Konrad Rzeszutek
   Wilk.

 - New ACPI suspend blacklist entry for Sony Vaio VGN-FW21M from Fabio
   Valentini.

 - ACPI Platform Error Interface (APEI) fix from Chen Gong.

 - PCI root bridge hotplug locking fix from Yinghai Lu.

* tag 'pm+acpi-3.9-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm:
  PCI / ACPI: hold acpi_scan_lock during root bus hotplug
  ACPI / APEI: fix error status check condition for CPER
  ACPI / PM: fix suspend and resume on Sony Vaio VGN-FW21M
  cpufreq: acpi-cpufreq: Don't set policy->related_cpus from .init()
  cpufreq: stats: do cpufreq_cpu_put() corresponding to cpufreq_cpu_get()
  intel-pstate: Use #defines instead of hard-coded values.
  cpufreq / intel_pstate: Fix calculation of current frequency
  cpufreq / intel_pstate: Add function to check that all MSRs are valid

5 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/herbert/crypto-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:46:20 +0000 (13:46 -0700)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/herbert/crypto-2.6

Pull crypto fixes from Herbert Xu:
 "This removes IPsec ESN support from the talitos/caam drivers since
  they were implemented incorrectly, causing interoperability problems
  if ESN is used with them."

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/herbert/crypto-2.6:
  Revert "crypto: caam - add IPsec ESN support"
  Revert "crypto: talitos - add IPsec ESN support"

5 years agoMerge tag 'arm64-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmarinas...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:45:49 +0000 (13:45 -0700)]
Merge tag 'arm64-fixes' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/cmarinas/linux-aarch64

Pull arm64 fix from Catalin Marinas:
 "Fix IS_ENABLED() usage typo (missing CONFIG_ prefix)."

* tag 'arm64-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmarinas/linux-aarch64:
  ARM64: early_printk: Fix check for CONFIG_ARM64_64K_PAGES

5 years agoMerge tag 'fbdev-fixes-3.9-rc4' of git://gitorious.org/linux-omap-dss2/linux
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:44:40 +0000 (13:44 -0700)]
Merge tag 'fbdev-fixes-3.9-rc4' of git://gitorious.org/linux-omap-dss2/linux

Pull fbdev fixes from Tomi Valkeinen:
 "Since Florian is still away/inactive, I volunteered to collect fbdev
  fixes for 3.9 and changes for 3.10.  I didn't receive any other fbdev
  fixes than OMAP yet, but I didn't want to delay this further as
  there's a compilation fix for OMAP1.  So there could be still some
  fbdev fixes on the way a bit later.

  This contains:

   - Fix OMAP1 compilation
   - OMAP display fixes"

* tag 'fbdev-fixes-3.9-rc4' of git://gitorious.org/linux-omap-dss2/linux:
  omapdss: features: fix supported outputs for OMAP4
  OMAPDSS: tpo-td043 panel: fix data passing between SPI/DSS parts
  omapfb: fix broken build on OMAP1

5 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:43:46 +0000 (13:43 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace

Pull userns fixes from Eric W Biederman:
 "The bulk of the changes are fixing the worst consequences of the user
  namespace design oversight in not considering what happens when one
  namespace starts off as a clone of another namespace, as happens with
  the mount namespace.

  The rest of the changes are just plain bug fixes.

  Many thanks to Andy Lutomirski for pointing out many of these issues."

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace:
  userns: Restrict when proc and sysfs can be mounted
  ipc: Restrict mounting the mqueue filesystem
  vfs: Carefully propogate mounts across user namespaces
  vfs: Add a mount flag to lock read only bind mounts
  userns:  Don't allow creation if the user is chrooted
  yama:  Better permission check for ptraceme
  pid: Handle the exit of a multi-threaded init.
  scm: Require CAP_SYS_ADMIN over the current pidns to spoof pids.

5 years agousb: ftdi_sio: Add support for Mitsubishi FX-USB-AW/-BD
Konstantin Holoborodko [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:06:13 +0000 (00:06 +0900)]
usb: ftdi_sio: Add support for Mitsubishi FX-USB-AW/-BD

It enhances the driver for FTDI-based USB serial adapters
to recognize Mitsubishi Electric Corp. USB/RS422 Converters
as FT232BM chips and support them.
https://search.meau.com/?q=FX-USB-AW

Signed-off-by: Konstantin Holoborodko <klh.kernel@gmail.com>
Tested-by: Konstantin Holoborodko <klh.kernel@gmail.com>
Cc: stable <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
5 years agomg_disk: fix error return code in mg_probe()
Wei Yongjun [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:43:43 +0000 (09:43 -0600)]
mg_disk: fix error return code in mg_probe()

Fix to return a negative error code from the error handling
case instead of 0, as returned elsewhere in this function.

Signed-off-by: Wei Yongjun <yongjun_wei@trendmicro.com.cn>
Reviewed-by: Jingoo Han <jg1.han@samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk>