linux-omap-dss2:linux.git
4 years agoOMAPDSS: fix dss_fck clock rate rounding
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 10 Apr 2013 11:47:38 +0000 (14:47 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: fix dss_fck clock rate rounding

DSS func clock is calculated with prate / div * m. However, the current
omapdss code calculates it with prate * m / div, which yields a slightly
different result when there's a remainder. For example, 432000000 / 14 *
2 = 61714284, but 432000000 * 2 / 14 = 61714285.

In addition to that, the clock framework wants the clock rate given with
clk_set_rate to be higher than the actual (truncated) end result. So, if
prate is 432000000, and div is 14, the real result is 30857142.8571...
We need to call clk_set_rate with 30857143, which gives us a clock of
30857142. That's why we need to use DIV_ROUND_UP() when calling
clk_set_rate.

This patch fixes the clock calculation.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: remove dsi videomode from dssdev
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 6 Mar 2013 15:17:26 +0000 (17:17 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: remove dsi videomode from dssdev

DSI videomode is no longer needed in the omap_dss_device, so remove it.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: remove unused old clock calculation code
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 15:23:59 +0000 (17:23 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: remove unused old clock calculation code

Now that the old clock calculation code is no longer used, we can remove
it from the driver.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: use new clock calculation code
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 15:21:35 +0000 (17:21 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: use new clock calculation code

Use the new clock calculation code in the DSI driver.

The new code does not need DSI video mode parameters from the panel
driver, like the old code does. Instead the new code is given the normal
video timings, and a few DSI parameters, which are used to create DSI
video timings.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: DPI: use new clock calculation code
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 15:07:16 +0000 (17:07 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DPI: use new clock calculation code

Use the new clock calculation code in the DPI driver.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: SDI: use new clock calculation code
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 15:06:26 +0000 (17:06 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: SDI: use new clock calculation code

Use the new clock calculation code in the SDI driver.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: add new clock calculation code
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 14:39:00 +0000 (16:39 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: add new clock calculation code

Add new way to iterate over DSI PLL and HSDIV clock divisors.
dsi_pll_calc() and dss_hsdiv_calc() provide a generic way to go over
all the divisors, within given clock range. The functions will call a
callback function for each divider set, making the function reusable for
all use cases.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: DSS: add new clock calculation code
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 14:34:05 +0000 (16:34 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSS: add new clock calculation code

Add new way to iterate over DSS clock divisors. dss_div_calc() provides
a generic way to go over all the divisors, within given clock range.
dss_div_calc() will call a callback function for each divider set,
making the function reusable for all use cases.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: add new clock calculation code
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 14:32:08 +0000 (16:32 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: add new clock calculation code

Add new way to iterate over DISPC clock divisors. dispc_div_calc()
provides a generic way to go over all the divisors, within given pixel
clock range. dispc_div_calc() will call a callback function for each
divider set, making the function reusable for all use cases.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI remove unneeded clk source setup code
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 15:11:16 +0000 (17:11 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI remove unneeded clk source setup code

We always use the same clock sources for DSI, so let's remove the
unnecessary clock source fields from dsi_data.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: add enum omap_dss_dsi_trans_mode
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 14:29:36 +0000 (16:29 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: add enum omap_dss_dsi_trans_mode

Instead of managing DSI sync ends with booleans, add an enum for the DSI
transfer mode. This is much cleaner way to handle the DSI syncs.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: get line buffer size at probe
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 5 Mar 2013 08:37:02 +0000 (10:37 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: get line buffer size at probe

To find out the DSI line buffer size we need to read HW registers. To
make it possible to do DSI configuration calculations without HW powered
up, store the line buffer size at DSI driver's probe.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: simplify dsi configuration
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 6 Mar 2013 09:10:29 +0000 (11:10 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: simplify dsi configuration

We have a bunch of dsi functions that are used to do the basic
configuration for DSI. To simplify things, and to make sure we have all
the necessary information, create a single dsi config function, which
does the basic configuration.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: fix wrong unsigned long long use
Tomi Valkeinen [Thu, 7 Mar 2013 09:21:45 +0000 (11:21 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: fix wrong unsigned long long use

dsi_configure_dispc_clocks() stores dsi func clock into unsigned long
long, but it should really be just unsigned long. Fix this.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: store core clk rate
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 6 Mar 2013 13:54:11 +0000 (15:54 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: store core clk rate

Store dispc core clock rate so that it's available for calculations even
if the HW is disabled.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: DPI: fix dpi_get_dsidev() for omap5 3.10/1-dss-dev-model-base
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 11 Mar 2013 11:57:38 +0000 (13:57 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DPI: fix dpi_get_dsidev() for omap5

On OMAP5 the DISPC channels and DSI PLLs are not connected the same way.
LCD2 on OMAP5 cannot use any DSI PLL as a source clock, but LCD3 can use
DSI2's PLL.

This patch fixes dpi_get_dsidev() by adding separate case for OMAP5 to
handle the difference.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: Taal: remove rotate & mirror support
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 4 Mar 2013 10:57:35 +0000 (12:57 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: Taal: remove rotate & mirror support

Taal panel driver has support to set rotation and mirroring. However,
these features cannot be used without causing tearing, and are never
used. The code is just extra bloat, so let's remove it.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: fix DSI channel source initialization
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:42:59 +0000 (13:42 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: fix DSI channel source initialization

During the initialization of the DSI protocol registers, we always set
the sources of all DSI channels to L4. However, we don't update the
value in the dsi_data, so we may end up with a different value in the
register and in the dsi_data, leading to DSI problems.

This patch fixes the issue by initializing also the channel source in
the dsi_data.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: delay dispc initialization
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 22 Feb 2013 10:58:35 +0000 (12:58 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: delay dispc initialization

We currently setup both DSI and DISPC related things when the DSI bus is
enabled. There's no need for DISPC related thing at that point, though,
but only later when the video output is enabled.

To make it possible to use the DSI bus before DISPC overlay manager is
selected, this patch moves DSI's DISPC initialization to
dsi_enable_video_output(), from omapdss_dsi_display_enable(). We also
move the selection of DISPC's LCD clock to dsi_enable_video_output.

This way there are no DISPC dependencies until the video output is
enabled.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: add output->dispc_channel
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 13 Feb 2013 09:23:54 +0000 (11:23 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: add output->dispc_channel

The DISPC channel used for each output is currently passed in panel
platform data from the board files.

To simplify this, and to make the panel drivers less dependent on OMAP,
this patch changes omapdss to resolve the channel independently. The
channel is resolved based on the OMAP version and, in case of DSI, the
DSI module id. This resolved channel is stored into a new field in
output, dispc_channel.

The few places where dssdev->channel was used are changed to use
output->recommended_channel. After this patch, dssdev->channel is
obsolete.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: add output->name
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:06:01 +0000 (13:06 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: add output->name

Add name field to omapdss's outputs so that in the following patches
panels refer to the output by their name. The name also helps debugging.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: init output earlier
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 13 Feb 2013 10:17:43 +0000 (12:17 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: init output earlier

Move hdmi driver's output initialization a bit earlier, so that it
happens before hdmi panel init. In the future the hdmi panel will depend
on the output being ready.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: add missing export for omap_dss_get_output()
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:47:42 +0000 (13:47 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: add missing export for omap_dss_get_output()

omap_dss_get_output() is a public function, but was missing
EXPORT_SYMBOL().

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: APPLY: remove dssdev from dss_mgr_wait_for_vsync
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:24:38 +0000 (14:24 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: APPLY: remove dssdev from dss_mgr_wait_for_vsync

dss_mgr_wait_for_vsync() uses dssdev->type to find out if the output is
going to VENC, HDMI, or something else. This creates a dependency on
dssdev, which we want to remove. The task is more logically done by
looking at the output to which the overlay manager in question is
connected to.

This patch changes the code to use output->id to find out which kind of
output we use.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: Taal: remove multi-panel support
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 16 Nov 2012 12:48:51 +0000 (14:48 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: Taal: remove multi-panel support

Taal panel driver was originally meant to support multiple different DSI
command mode panel models. This never realized, and the multi-panel
support code is lying there unused, making the driver more difficult to
maintain.

This patch removes the multi-panel support from Taal driver.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: remove omap_dss_device uses
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 27 Nov 2012 15:32:36 +0000 (17:32 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: remove omap_dss_device uses

The role of struct omap_dss_device will change in the future. The exact
details of that are still a bit unclear. However, the less uses of
omap_dss_device we have, the easier the change is in the future.

This patch removes uses of omap_dss_device from dsi.c, where it can be
done easily. Mostly this means passing dsi platform device to functions,
instead of the omap_dss_device.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: DPI: remove omap_dss_device uses
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 27 Nov 2012 14:41:16 +0000 (16:41 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DPI: remove omap_dss_device uses

The role of struct omap_dss_device will change in the future. The exact
details of that are still a bit unclear. However, the less uses of
omap_dss_device we have, the easier the change is in the future.

This patch removes uses of omap_dss_device from dpi.c, where it can be
done neatly, by, for example, passing some lower level parameter in
function parameters.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: remove HDMI clk divisors from dssdev
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 12 Feb 2013 13:15:21 +0000 (15:15 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: remove HDMI clk divisors from dssdev

struct omap_dss_device contains HDMI clock divisors. The idea is that the
board file can pass precalculated divisors to the display driver.
However, these divsors are no longer needed, as the omapdss driver can
calculate the divisors during runtime.

This patch removes the divisors from omap_dss_device, and their uses
from the hdmi driver.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
4 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: remove DSI & DISPC clk divisors from dssdev
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 27 Nov 2012 15:05:54 +0000 (17:05 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: remove DSI & DISPC clk divisors from dssdev

struct omap_dss_device contains DSS clock divisors. The idea is that the
board file can pass precalculated divisors to the display driver.
However, these divsors are no longer needed, as the omapdss driver can
calculate the divisors during runtime.

This patch removes the divisors from omap_dss_device, and their uses
from the dsi driver.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Reviewed-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
4 years agoLinux 3.9-rc5
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 31 Mar 2013 22:12:43 +0000 (15:12 -0700)]
Linux 3.9-rc5

4 years agoMerge branch 'fixes' of git://git.infradead.org/users/vkoul/slave-dma
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 31 Mar 2013 18:41:47 +0000 (11:41 -0700)]
Merge branch 'fixes' of git://git.infradead.org/users/vkoul/slave-dma

Pull slave-dmaengine fixes from Vinod Koul:
 "Two fixes for slave-dmaengine.

  The first one is for making slave_id value correct for dw_dmac and
  the other one fixes the endieness in DT parsing"

* 'fixes' of git://git.infradead.org/users/vkoul/slave-dma:
  dw_dmac: adjust slave_id accordingly to request line base
  dmaengine: dw_dma: fix endianess for DT xlate function

4 years agoMerge branch 'v4l_for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mchehab...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 31 Mar 2013 18:40:33 +0000 (11:40 -0700)]
Merge branch 'v4l_for_linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/mchehab/linux-media

Pull media fixes from Mauro Carvalho Chehab:
 "For a some fixes for Kernel 3.9:
   - subsystem build fix when VIDEO_DEV=y, VIDEO_V4L2=m and I2C=m
   - compilation fix for arm multiarch preventing IR_RX51 to be selected
   - regression fix at bttv crop logic
   - s5p-mfc/m5mols/exynos: a few fixes for cameras on exynos hardware"

* 'v4l_for_linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mchehab/linux-media:
  [media] [REGRESSION] bt8xx: Fix too large height in cropcap
  [media] fix compilation with both V4L2 and I2C as 'm'
  [media] m5mols: Fix bug in stream on handler
  [media] s5p-fimc: Do not attempt to disable not enabled media pipeline
  [media] s5p-mfc: Fix encoder control 15 issue
  [media] s5p-mfc: Fix frame skip bug
  [media] s5p-fimc: send valid m2m ctx to fimc_m2m_job_finish
  [media] exynos-gsc: send valid m2m ctx to gsc_m2m_job_finish
  [media] fimc-lite: Fix the variable type to avoid possible crash
  [media] fimc-lite: Initialize 'step' field in fimc_lite_ctrl structure
  [media] ir: IR_RX51 only works on OMAP2

4 years agoMerge tag 'for-linus-20130331' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 31 Mar 2013 18:38:59 +0000 (11:38 -0700)]
Merge tag 'for-linus-20130331' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block

Pull block fixes from Jens Axboe:
 "Alright, this time from 10K up in the air.

  Collection of fixes that have been queued up since the merge window
  opened, hence postponed until later in the cycle.  The pull request
  contains:

   - A bunch of fixes for the xen blk front/back driver.

   - A round of fixes for the new IBM RamSan driver, fixing various
     nasty issues.

   - Fixes for multiple drives from Wei Yongjun, bad handling of return
     values and wrong pointer math.

   - A fix for loop properly killing partitions when being detached."

* tag 'for-linus-20130331' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block: (25 commits)
  mg_disk: fix error return code in mg_probe()
  rsxx: remove unused variable
  rsxx: enable error return of rsxx_eeh_save_issued_dmas()
  block: removes dynamic allocation on stack
  Block: blk-flush: Fixed indent code style
  cciss: fix invalid use of sizeof in cciss_find_cfgtables()
  loop: cleanup partitions when detaching loop device
  loop: fix error return code in loop_add()
  mtip32xx: fix error return code in mtip_pci_probe()
  xen-blkfront: remove frame list from blk_shadow
  xen-blkfront: pre-allocate pages for requests
  xen-blkback: don't store dev_bus_addr
  xen-blkfront: switch from llist to list
  xen-blkback: fix foreach_grant_safe to handle empty lists
  xen-blkfront: replace kmalloc and then memcpy with kmemdup
  xen-blkback: fix dispatch_rw_block_io() error path
  rsxx: fix missing unlock on error return in rsxx_eeh_remap_dmas()
  Adding in EEH support to the IBM FlashSystem 70/80 device driver
  block: IBM RamSan 70/80 error message bug fix.
  block: IBM RamSan 70/80 branding changes.
  ...

4 years agoRevert "lockdep: check that no locks held at freeze time"
Paul Walmsley [Sun, 31 Mar 2013 00:04:40 +0000 (00:04 +0000)]
Revert "lockdep: check that no locks held at freeze time"

This reverts commit 6aa9707099c4b25700940eb3d016f16c4434360d.

Commit 6aa9707099c4 ("lockdep: check that no locks held at freeze time")
causes problems with NFS root filesystems.  The failures were noticed on
OMAP2 and 3 boards during kernel init:

  [ BUG: swapper/0/1 still has locks held! ]
  3.9.0-rc3-00344-ga937536 #1 Not tainted
  -------------------------------------
  1 lock held by swapper/0/1:
   #0:  (&type->s_umount_key#13/1){+.+.+.}, at: [<c011e84c>] sget+0x248/0x574

  stack backtrace:
    rpc_wait_bit_killable
    __wait_on_bit
    out_of_line_wait_on_bit
    __rpc_execute
    rpc_run_task
    rpc_call_sync
    nfs_proc_get_root
    nfs_get_root
    nfs_fs_mount_common
    nfs_try_mount
    nfs_fs_mount
    mount_fs
    vfs_kern_mount
    do_mount
    sys_mount
    do_mount_root
    mount_root
    prepare_namespace
    kernel_init_freeable
    kernel_init

Although the rootfs mounts, the system is unstable.  Here's a transcript
from a PM test:

  http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.9-rc3/20130317194234/pm/37xxevm/37xxevm_log.txt

Here's what the test log should look like:

  http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.8/20130218214403/pm/37xxevm/37xxevm_log.txt

Mailing list discussion is here:

  http://lkml.org/lkml/2013/3/4/221

Deal with this for v3.9 by reverting the problem commit, until folks can
figure out the right long-term course of action.

Signed-off-by: Paul Walmsley <paul@pwsan.com>
Cc: Mandeep Singh Baines <msb@chromium.org>
Cc: Jeff Layton <jlayton@redhat.com>
Cc: Shawn Guo <shawn.guo@linaro.org>
Cc: <maciej.rutecki@gmail.com>
Cc: Fengguang Wu <fengguang.wu@intel.com>
Cc: Trond Myklebust <Trond.Myklebust@netapp.com>
Cc: Ingo Molnar <mingo@redhat.com>
Cc: Ben Chan <benchan@chromium.org>
Cc: Oleg Nesterov <oleg@redhat.com>
Cc: Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org>
Cc: Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@sisk.pl>
Cc: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
4 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nab/target-pending
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 30 Mar 2013 20:13:05 +0000 (13:13 -0700)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/nab/target-pending

Pull SCSI target fixes from Nicholas Bellinger:
 "This includes the bug-fix for a >= v3.8-rc1 regression specific to
  iscsi-target persistent reservation conflict handling (CC'ed to
  stable), and a tcm_vhost patch to drop VIRTIO_RING_F_EVENT_IDX usage
  so that in-flight qemu vhost-scsi-pci device code can detect the
  proper vhost feature bits.

  Also, there are two more tcm_vhost patches still being discussed by
  MST and Asias for v3.9 that will be required for the in-flight qemu
  vhost-scsi-pci device patch to function properly, and that should
  (hopefully) be the last target fixes for this round."

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nab/target-pending:
  target: Fix RESERVATION_CONFLICT status regression for iscsi-target special case
  tcm_vhost: Avoid VIRTIO_RING_F_EVENT_IDX feature bit

4 years agodw_dmac: adjust slave_id accordingly to request line base
Andy Shevchenko [Wed, 20 Feb 2013 11:52:17 +0000 (13:52 +0200)]
dw_dmac: adjust slave_id accordingly to request line base

On some hardware configurations we have got the request line with the offset.
The patch introduces convert_slave_id() helper for that cases. The request line
base is came from the driver data provided by the platform_device_id table.

Signed-off-by: Mika Westerberg <mika.westerberg@linux.intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@linux.intel.com>
Cc: Viresh Kumar <viresh.kumar@linaro.org>
Acked-by: Viresh Kumar <viresh.kumar@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Vinod Koul <vinod.koul@intel.com>
4 years agodmaengine: dw_dma: fix endianess for DT xlate function
Arnd Bergmann [Sun, 3 Mar 2013 20:51:28 +0000 (20:51 +0000)]
dmaengine: dw_dma: fix endianess for DT xlate function

As reported by Wu Fengguang's build robot tracking sparse warnings, the
dma_spec arguments in the dw_dma_xlate are already byte swapped on
little-endian platforms and must not get swapped again. This code is
currently not used anywhere, but will be used in Linux 3.10 when the
ARM SPEAr platform starts using the generic DMA DT binding.

Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
Reported-by: Fengguang Wu <fengguang.wu@intel.com>
Acked-by: Viresh Kumar <viresh.kumar@linaro.org>
Signed-off-by: Vinod Koul <vinod.koul@intel.com>
4 years agoPNP: List Rafael Wysocki as a maintainer
Rafael J. Wysocki [Fri, 29 Mar 2013 21:59:53 +0000 (22:59 +0100)]
PNP: List Rafael Wysocki as a maintainer

The Adam Belay's e-mail address in MAINTAINERS under PNP SUPPORT
is not valid any more and I started to maintain that code in the
meantime as a matter of fact, so list myself as a maintainer of it
along with Bjorn and remove the Adam's entry from it.

Signed-off-by: Rafael J. Wysocki <rafael.j.wysocki@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
4 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sage/ceph...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:47:43 +0000 (11:47 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/sage/ceph-client

Pull ceph fix from Sage Weil:
 "This fixes a regression introduced during the last merge window when
  mapping non-existent images."

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sage/ceph-client:
  rbd: don't zero-fill non-image object requests

4 years agorbd: don't zero-fill non-image object requests
Alex Elder [Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:16:30 +0000 (09:16 -0500)]
rbd: don't zero-fill non-image object requests

A result of ENOENT from a read request for an object that's part of
an rbd image indicates that there is a hole in that portion of the
image.  Similarly, a short read for such an object indicates that
the remainder of the read should be interpreted a full read with
zeros filling out the end of the request.

This behavior is not correct for objects that are not backing rbd
image data.  Currently rbd_img_obj_request_callback() assumes it
should be done for all objects.

Change rbd_img_obj_request_callback() so it only does this zeroing
for image objects.  Encapsulate that special handling in its own
function.  Add an assertion that the image object request is a bio
request, since we assume that (and we currently don't support any
other types).

This resolves a problem identified here:
    http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/4559

The regression was introduced by bf0d5f503dc11d6314c0503591d258d60ee9c944.

Reported-by: Dan van der Ster <dan@vanderster.com>
Signed-off-by: Alex Elder <elder@inktank.com>
Reviewed-off-by: Sage Weil <sage@inktank.com>
4 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mason/linux...
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:13:25 +0000 (11:13 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/mason/linux-btrfs

Pull btrfs fixes from Chris Mason:
 "We've had a busy two weeks of bug fixing.  The biggest patches in here
  are some long standing early-enospc problems (Josef) and a very old
  race where compression and mmap combine forces to lose writes (me).
  I'm fairly sure the mmap bug goes all the way back to the introduction
  of the compression code, which is proof that fsx doesn't trigger every
  possible mmap corner after all.

  I'm sure you'll notice one of these is from this morning, it's a small
  and isolated use-after-free fix in our scrub error reporting.  I
  double checked it here."

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mason/linux-btrfs:
  Btrfs: don't drop path when printing out tree errors in scrub
  Btrfs: fix wrong return value of btrfs_lookup_csum()
  Btrfs: fix wrong reservation of csums
  Btrfs: fix double free in the btrfs_qgroup_account_ref()
  Btrfs: limit the global reserve to 512mb
  Btrfs: hold the ordered operations mutex when waiting on ordered extents
  Btrfs: fix space accounting for unlink and rename
  Btrfs: fix space leak when we fail to reserve metadata space
  Btrfs: fix EIO from btrfs send in is_extent_unchanged for punched holes
  Btrfs: fix race between mmap writes and compression
  Btrfs: fix memory leak in btrfs_create_tree()
  Btrfs: fix locking on ROOT_REPLACE operations in tree mod log
  Btrfs: fix missing qgroup reservation before fallocating
  Btrfs: handle a bogus chunk tree nicely
  Btrfs: update to use fs_state bit

4 years agoia64 idle: delete stale (*idle)() function pointer
Len Brown [Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:02:30 +0000 (11:02 -0700)]
ia64 idle: delete stale (*idle)() function pointer

Commit 3e7fc708eb41 ("ia64 idle: delete pm_idle") in 3.9-rc1 didn't
finish the job, leaving an un-initialized reference to (*idle)().

[ Haven't seen a crash from this - but seems like we are just being
  lucky that "idle" is zero so it does get initialized before we jump to
  randomland  - Len ]

Reported-by: Lars-Peter Clausen <lars@metafoo.de>
Signed-off-by: Len Brown <len.brown@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
4 years agoMerge branch 'for-curr' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vgupta/arc
Linus Torvalds [Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:00:43 +0000 (11:00 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-curr' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/vgupta/arc

Pull arc architecture fixes from Vineet Gupta:
 "This includes fix for a serious bug in DMA mapping API, make
  allyesconfig wreckage, removal of bogus email-list placeholder in
  MAINTAINERS, a typo in ptrace helper code and last remaining changes
  for syscall ABI v3 which we are finally starting to transition-to
  internally.

  The request is late than I intended to - but I was held up with
  debugging a timer link list corruption, for which a proposed fix to
  generic timer code was sent out to lkml/tglx earlier today."

* 'for-curr' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/vgupta/arc:
  ARC: Fix the typo in event identifier flags used by ptrace
  arc: fix dma_address assignment during dma_map_sg()
  ARC: Remove SET_PERSONALITY (tracks cross-arch change)
  ARC: ABIv3: fork/vfork wrappers not needed in "no-legacy-syscall" ABI
  ARC: ABIv3: Print the correct ABI ver
  ARC: make allyesconfig build breakages
  ARC: MAINTAINERS update for ARC

4 years agoBtrfs: don't drop path when printing out tree errors in scrub
Josef Bacik [Fri, 29 Mar 2013 14:09:34 +0000 (08:09 -0600)]
Btrfs: don't drop path when printing out tree errors in scrub

A user reported a panic where we were panicing somewhere in
tree_backref_for_extent from scrub_print_warning.  He only captured the trace
but looking at scrub_print_warning we drop the path right before we mess with
the extent buffer to print out a bunch of stuff, which isn't right.  So fix this
by dropping the path after we use the eb if we need to.  Thanks,

Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Josef Bacik <jbacik@fusionio.com>
Signed-off-by: Chris Mason <chris.mason@fusionio.com>
4 years agotarget: Fix RESERVATION_CONFLICT status regression for iscsi-target special case
Nicholas Bellinger [Fri, 29 Mar 2013 06:06:00 +0000 (23:06 -0700)]
target: Fix RESERVATION_CONFLICT status regression for iscsi-target special case

This patch fixes a regression introduced in v3.8-rc1 code where a failed
target_check_reservation() check in target_setup_cmd_from_cdb() was causing
an incorrect SAM_STAT_GOOD status to be returned during a WRITE operation
performed by an unregistered / unreserved iscsi initiator port.

This regression is only effecting iscsi-target due to a special case check
for TCM_RESERVATION_CONFLICT within iscsi_target_erl1.c:iscsit_execute_cmd(),
and was still correctly disallowing WRITE commands from backend submission
for unregistered / unreserved initiator ports, while returning the incorrect
SAM_STAT_GOOD status due to the missing SAM_STAT_RESERVATION_CONFLICT
assignment.

This regression was first introduced with:

commit de103c93aff0bed0ae984274e5dc8b95899badab
Author: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Date:   Tue Nov 6 12:24:09 2012 -0800

    target: pass sense_reason as a return value

Go ahead and re-add the missing SAM_STAT_RESERVATION_CONFLICT assignment
during a target_check_reservation() failure, so that iscsi-target code
sends the correct SCSI status.

All other fabrics using target_submit_cmd_*() with a RESERVATION_CONFLICT
call to transport_generic_request_failure() are not effected by this bug.

Reported-by: Jeff Leung <jleung@curriegrad2004.ca>
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
Cc: <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Nicholas Bellinger <nab@linux-iscsi.org>
4 years agotcm_vhost: Avoid VIRTIO_RING_F_EVENT_IDX feature bit
Nicholas Bellinger [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 00:23:41 +0000 (17:23 -0700)]
tcm_vhost: Avoid VIRTIO_RING_F_EVENT_IDX feature bit

This patch adds a VHOST_SCSI_FEATURES mask minus VIRTIO_RING_F_EVENT_IDX
so that vhost-scsi-pci userspace will strip this feature bit once
GET_FEATURES reports it as being unsupported on the host.

This is to avoid a bug where ->handle_kicks() are missed when EVENT_IDX
is enabled by default in userspace code.

(mst: Rename to VHOST_SCSI_FEATURES + add comment)

Acked-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com>
Reviewed-by: Asias He <asias@redhat.com>
Cc: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Nicholas Bellinger <nab@linux-iscsi.org>
4 years agoRevert "mm: introduce VM_POPULATE flag to better deal with racy userspace programs"
Michel Lespinasse [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 23:26:23 +0000 (16:26 -0700)]
Revert "mm: introduce VM_POPULATE flag to better deal with racy userspace programs"

This reverts commit 186930500985 ("mm: introduce VM_POPULATE flag to
better deal with racy userspace programs").

VM_POPULATE only has any effect when userspace plays racy games with
vmas by trying to unmap and remap memory regions that mmap or mlock are
operating on.

Also, the only effect of VM_POPULATE when userspace plays such games is
that it avoids populating new memory regions that get remapped into the
address range that was being operated on by the original mmap or mlock
calls.

Let's remove VM_POPULATE as there isn't any strong argument to mandate a
new vm_flag.

Signed-off-by: Michel Lespinasse <walken@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Hugh Dickins <hughd@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
4 years agoMerge tag 'usb-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 22:54:25 +0000 (15:54 -0700)]
Merge tag 'usb-3.9-rc4' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb

Pull USB fixes from Greg Kroah-Hartman:
 "Here are some USB fixes to resolve issues reported recently, as well
  as a new device id for the ftdi_sio driver."

* tag 'usb-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb:
  usb: ftdi_sio: Add support for Mitsubishi FX-USB-AW/-BD
  usb: Fix compile error by selecting USB_OTG_UTILS
  USB: serial: fix hang when opening port
  USB: EHCI: fix bug in iTD/siTD DMA pool allocation
  xhci: Don't warn on empty ring for suspended devices.
  usb: xhci: Fix TRB transfer length macro used for Event TRB.
  usb/acpi: binding xhci root hub usb port with ACPI
  usb: add find_raw_port_number callback to struct hc_driver()
  usb: xhci: fix build warning

4 years agoMerge tag 'tty-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/tty
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 22:53:33 +0000 (15:53 -0700)]
Merge tag 'tty-3.9-rc4' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/gregkh/tty

Pull TTY/serial fixes from Greg Kroah-Hartman:
 "Here are some tty/serial driver fixes for 3.9.

  The big thing here is the fix for the huge mess we caused renaming the
  8250 driver accidentally in the 3.7 kernel release, without realizing
  that there were users of the module options that suddenly broke.  This
  is now resolved, and, to top the injury off, we have a backwards-
  compatible option for those users who got used to the new name since
  3.7.  Ugh, sorry about that.

  Other than that, some other minor fixes for issues that have been
  reported by users."

* tag 'tty-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/tty:
  Xilinx: ARM: UART: clear pending irqs before enabling irqs
  TTY: 8250, deprecated 8250_core.* options
  TTY: 8250, revert module name change
  serial: 8250_pci: Add WCH CH352 quirk to avoid Xscale detection
  tty: atmel_serial_probe(): index of atmel_ports[] fix

4 years agoMerge tag 'staging-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 22:52:54 +0000 (15:52 -0700)]
Merge tag 'staging-3.9-rc4' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging

Pull staging driver fixes from Greg Kroah-Hartman:
 "Here are two tiny staging driver fixes to resolve issues that have
  been reported."

* tag 'staging-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging:
  staging: comedi: s626: fix continuous acquisition
  staging: zcache: fix typo "64_BIT"

4 years agoMerge tag 'driver-core-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 22:52:14 +0000 (15:52 -0700)]
Merge tag 'driver-core-3.9-rc4' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/gregkh/driver-core

Pull sysfs fixes from Greg Kroah-Hartman:
 "Here are two fixes for sysfs that resolve issues that have been found
  by the Trinity fuzz tool, causing oopses in sysfs.  They both have
  been in linux-next for a while to ensure that they do not cause any
  other problems."

* tag 'driver-core-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/driver-core:
  sysfs: handle failure path correctly for readdir()
  sysfs: fix race between readdir and lseek

4 years agoMerge tag 'char-misc-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 22:51:33 +0000 (15:51 -0700)]
Merge tag 'char-misc-3.9-rc4' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/gregkh/char-misc

Pull char/misc driver fixes from Greg Kroah-Hartman:
 "Here are some small char/misc driver fixes that resolve issues
  recently reported against the 3.9-rc kernels.  All have been in
  linux-next for a while."

* tag 'char-misc-3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/char-misc:
  VMCI: Fix process-to-process DRGAMs.
  mei: ME hardware reset needs to be synchronized
  mei: add mei_stop function to stop mei device
  extcon: max77693: Initialize register of MUIC device to bring up it without platform data
  extcon: max77693: Fix bug of wrong pointer when platform data is not used
  extcon: max8997: Check the pointer of platform data to protect null pointer error

4 years agoMerge tag 'pm+acpi-3.9-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:47:31 +0000 (13:47 -0700)]
Merge tag 'pm+acpi-3.9-rc5' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm

Pull ACPI and power management fixes from Rafael J Wysocki:

 - Fix for a recent cpufreq regression related to acpi-cpufreq and
   suspend/resume from Viresh Kumar.

 - cpufreq stats reference counting fix from Viresh Kumar.

 - intel_pstate driver fixes from Dirk Brandewie and Konrad Rzeszutek
   Wilk.

 - New ACPI suspend blacklist entry for Sony Vaio VGN-FW21M from Fabio
   Valentini.

 - ACPI Platform Error Interface (APEI) fix from Chen Gong.

 - PCI root bridge hotplug locking fix from Yinghai Lu.

* tag 'pm+acpi-3.9-rc5' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm:
  PCI / ACPI: hold acpi_scan_lock during root bus hotplug
  ACPI / APEI: fix error status check condition for CPER
  ACPI / PM: fix suspend and resume on Sony Vaio VGN-FW21M
  cpufreq: acpi-cpufreq: Don't set policy->related_cpus from .init()
  cpufreq: stats: do cpufreq_cpu_put() corresponding to cpufreq_cpu_get()
  intel-pstate: Use #defines instead of hard-coded values.
  cpufreq / intel_pstate: Fix calculation of current frequency
  cpufreq / intel_pstate: Add function to check that all MSRs are valid

4 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/herbert/crypto-2.6
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:46:20 +0000 (13:46 -0700)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/herbert/crypto-2.6

Pull crypto fixes from Herbert Xu:
 "This removes IPsec ESN support from the talitos/caam drivers since
  they were implemented incorrectly, causing interoperability problems
  if ESN is used with them."

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/herbert/crypto-2.6:
  Revert "crypto: caam - add IPsec ESN support"
  Revert "crypto: talitos - add IPsec ESN support"

4 years agoMerge tag 'arm64-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmarinas...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:45:49 +0000 (13:45 -0700)]
Merge tag 'arm64-fixes' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/cmarinas/linux-aarch64

Pull arm64 fix from Catalin Marinas:
 "Fix IS_ENABLED() usage typo (missing CONFIG_ prefix)."

* tag 'arm64-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmarinas/linux-aarch64:
  ARM64: early_printk: Fix check for CONFIG_ARM64_64K_PAGES

4 years agoMerge tag 'fbdev-fixes-3.9-rc4' of git://gitorious.org/linux-omap-dss2/linux
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:44:40 +0000 (13:44 -0700)]
Merge tag 'fbdev-fixes-3.9-rc4' of git://gitorious.org/linux-omap-dss2/linux

Pull fbdev fixes from Tomi Valkeinen:
 "Since Florian is still away/inactive, I volunteered to collect fbdev
  fixes for 3.9 and changes for 3.10.  I didn't receive any other fbdev
  fixes than OMAP yet, but I didn't want to delay this further as
  there's a compilation fix for OMAP1.  So there could be still some
  fbdev fixes on the way a bit later.

  This contains:

   - Fix OMAP1 compilation
   - OMAP display fixes"

* tag 'fbdev-fixes-3.9-rc4' of git://gitorious.org/linux-omap-dss2/linux:
  omapdss: features: fix supported outputs for OMAP4
  OMAPDSS: tpo-td043 panel: fix data passing between SPI/DSS parts
  omapfb: fix broken build on OMAP1

4 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm...
Linus Torvalds [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:43:46 +0000 (13:43 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace

Pull userns fixes from Eric W Biederman:
 "The bulk of the changes are fixing the worst consequences of the user
  namespace design oversight in not considering what happens when one
  namespace starts off as a clone of another namespace, as happens with
  the mount namespace.

  The rest of the changes are just plain bug fixes.

  Many thanks to Andy Lutomirski for pointing out many of these issues."

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace:
  userns: Restrict when proc and sysfs can be mounted
  ipc: Restrict mounting the mqueue filesystem
  vfs: Carefully propogate mounts across user namespaces
  vfs: Add a mount flag to lock read only bind mounts
  userns:  Don't allow creation if the user is chrooted
  yama:  Better permission check for ptraceme
  pid: Handle the exit of a multi-threaded init.
  scm: Require CAP_SYS_ADMIN over the current pidns to spoof pids.

4 years agousb: ftdi_sio: Add support for Mitsubishi FX-USB-AW/-BD
Konstantin Holoborodko [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:06:13 +0000 (00:06 +0900)]
usb: ftdi_sio: Add support for Mitsubishi FX-USB-AW/-BD

It enhances the driver for FTDI-based USB serial adapters
to recognize Mitsubishi Electric Corp. USB/RS422 Converters
as FT232BM chips and support them.
https://search.meau.com/?q=FX-USB-AW

Signed-off-by: Konstantin Holoborodko <klh.kernel@gmail.com>
Tested-by: Konstantin Holoborodko <klh.kernel@gmail.com>
Cc: stable <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
4 years agomg_disk: fix error return code in mg_probe()
Wei Yongjun [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:43:43 +0000 (09:43 -0600)]
mg_disk: fix error return code in mg_probe()

Fix to return a negative error code from the error handling
case instead of 0, as returned elsewhere in this function.

Signed-off-by: Wei Yongjun <yongjun_wei@trendmicro.com.cn>
Reviewed-by: Jingoo Han <jg1.han@samsung.com>
Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk>
4 years agoBtrfs: fix wrong return value of btrfs_lookup_csum()
Miao Xie [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 08:12:15 +0000 (08:12 +0000)]
Btrfs: fix wrong return value of btrfs_lookup_csum()

If we don't find the expected csum item, but find a csum item which is
adjacent to the specified extent, we should return -EFBIG, or we should
return -ENOENT. But btrfs_lookup_csum() return -EFBIG even the csum item
is not adjacent to the specified extent. Fix it.

Signed-off-by: Miao Xie <miaox@cn.fujitsu.com>
Signed-off-by: Josef Bacik <jbacik@fusionio.com>
4 years agoBtrfs: fix wrong reservation of csums
Miao Xie [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 08:08:20 +0000 (08:08 +0000)]
Btrfs: fix wrong reservation of csums

We reserve the space for csums only when we write data into a file, in
the other cases, such as tree log, log replay, we don't do reservation,
so we can use the reservation of the transaction handle just for the former.
And for the latter, we should use the tree's own reservation. But the
function - btrfs_csum_file_blocks() didn't differentiate between these
two types of the cases, fix it.

Signed-off-by: Miao Xie <miaox@cn.fujitsu.com>
Signed-off-by: Josef Bacik <jbacik@fusionio.com>
4 years agoBtrfs: fix double free in the btrfs_qgroup_account_ref()
Wang Shilong [Mon, 25 Mar 2013 11:08:23 +0000 (11:08 +0000)]
Btrfs: fix double free in the btrfs_qgroup_account_ref()

The function btrfs_find_all_roots is responsible to allocate
memory for 'roots' and free it if errors happen,so the caller should not
free it again since the work has been done.

Besides,'tmp' is allocated after the function btrfs_find_all_roots,
so we can return directly if btrfs_find_all_roots() fails.

Signed-off-by: Wang Shilong <wangsl-fnst@cn.fujitsu.com>
Reviewed-by: Miao Xie <miaox@cn.fujitsu.com>
Reviewed-by: Jan Schmidt <list.btrfs@jan-o-sch.net>
Signed-off-by: Josef Bacik <jbacik@fusionio.com>
4 years agoBtrfs: limit the global reserve to 512mb
Josef Bacik [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 19:31:45 +0000 (15:31 -0400)]
Btrfs: limit the global reserve to 512mb

A user reported a problem where he was getting early ENOSPC with hundreds of
gigs of free data space and 6 gigs of free metadata space.  This is because the
global block reserve was taking up the entire free metadata space.  This is
ridiculous, we have infrastructure in place to throttle if we start using too
much of the global reserve, so instead of letting it get this huge just limit it
to 512mb so that users can still get work done.  This allowed the user to
complete his rsync without issues.  Thanks

Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Reported-and-tested-by: Stefan Priebe <s.priebe@profihost.ag>
Signed-off-by: Josef Bacik <jbacik@fusionio.com>
4 years agoBtrfs: hold the ordered operations mutex when waiting on ordered extents
Josef Bacik [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 19:29:11 +0000 (15:29 -0400)]
Btrfs: hold the ordered operations mutex when waiting on ordered extents

We need to hold the ordered_operations mutex while waiting on ordered extents
since we splice and run the ordered extents list.  We need to make sure anybody
else who wants to wait on ordered extents does actually wait for them to be
completed.  This will keep us from bailing out of flushing in case somebody is
already waiting on ordered extents to complete.  Thanks,

Signed-off-by: Josef Bacik <jbacik@fusionio.com>
4 years agoBtrfs: fix space accounting for unlink and rename
Josef Bacik [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 19:26:55 +0000 (15:26 -0400)]
Btrfs: fix space accounting for unlink and rename

We are way over-reserving for unlink and rename.  Rename is just some random
huge number and unlink accounts for tree log operations that don't actually
happen during unlink, not to mention the tree log doesn't take from the trans
block rsv anyway so it's completely useless.  Thanks,

Signed-off-by: Josef Bacik <jbacik@fusionio.com>
4 years agoBtrfs: fix space leak when we fail to reserve metadata space
Josef Bacik [Mon, 25 Mar 2013 20:03:35 +0000 (16:03 -0400)]
Btrfs: fix space leak when we fail to reserve metadata space

Dave reported a warning when running xfstest 275.  We have been leaking delalloc
metadata space when our reservations fail.  This is because we were improperly
calculating how much space to free for our checksum reservations.  The problem
is we would sometimes free up space that had already been freed in another
thread and we would end up with negative usage for the delalloc space.  This
patch fixes the problem by calculating how much space the other threads would
have already freed, and then calculate how much space we need to free had we not
done the reservation at all, and then freeing any excess space.  This makes
xfstests 275 no longer have leaked space.  Thanks

Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Reported-by: David Sterba <dsterba@suse.cz>
Signed-off-by: Josef Bacik <jbacik@fusionio.com>
4 years agoBtrfs: fix EIO from btrfs send in is_extent_unchanged for punched holes
Jan Schmidt [Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:30:23 +0000 (14:30 +0000)]
Btrfs: fix EIO from btrfs send in is_extent_unchanged for punched holes

When you take a snapshot, punch a hole where there has been data, then take
another snapshot and try to send an incremental stream, btrfs send would
give you EIO. That is because is_extent_unchanged had no support for holes
being punched. With this patch, instead of returning EIO we just return
0 (== the extent is not unchanged) and we're good.

Signed-off-by: Jan Schmidt <list.btrfs@jan-o-sch.net>
Cc: Alexander Block <ablock84@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Josef Bacik <jbacik@fusionio.com>
4 years agoMerge branch 'acpi-fixes' into fixes
Rafael J. Wysocki [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 12:52:59 +0000 (13:52 +0100)]
Merge branch 'acpi-fixes' into fixes

* acpi-fixes:
  PCI / ACPI: hold acpi_scan_lock during root bus hotplug
  ACPI / APEI: fix error status check condition for CPER
  ACPI / PM: fix suspend and resume on Sony Vaio VGN-FW21M

4 years agoMerge branch 'pm-fixes' into fixes
Rafael J. Wysocki [Thu, 28 Mar 2013 12:52:47 +0000 (13:52 +0100)]
Merge branch 'pm-fixes' into fixes

* pm-fixes:
  cpufreq: acpi-cpufreq: Don't set policy->related_cpus from .init()
  cpufreq: stats: do cpufreq_cpu_put() corresponding to cpufreq_cpu_get()
  intel-pstate: Use #defines instead of hard-coded values.
  cpufreq / intel_pstate: Fix calculation of current frequency
  cpufreq / intel_pstate: Add function to check that all MSRs are valid

4 years agoMerge tag 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfr/next-fixes
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 27 Mar 2013 22:50:24 +0000 (15:50 -0700)]
Merge tag 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/sfr/next-fixes

Pull powerpc build fixes from Stephen Rothwell:
 "Just a couple of build fixes for powerpc all{mod,yes}config.

  Submitted by me since BenH is on vacation."

* tag 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfr/next-fixes:
  powerpc: define the conditions where the ePAPR idle hcall can be supported
  powerpc: make additional room in exception vector area

4 years agoMerge tag 'stable/for-linus-3.9-rc4-tag' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 27 Mar 2013 19:56:25 +0000 (12:56 -0700)]
Merge tag 'stable/for-linus-3.9-rc4-tag' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen

Pull Xen bug-fixes from Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk:
 "This is mostly just the last stragglers of the regression bugs that
  this merge window had.  There are also two bug-fixes: one that adds an
  extra layer of security, and a regression fix for a change that was
  added in v3.7 (the v1 was faulty, the v2 works).

   - Regression fixes for C-and-P states not being parsed properly.
   - Fix possible security issue with guests triggering DoS via
     non-assigned MSI-Xs.
   - Fix regression (introduced in v3.7) with raising an event (v2).
   - Fix hastily introduced band-aid during c0 for the CR3 blowup."

* tag 'stable/for-linus-3.9-rc4-tag' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen:
  xen/events: avoid race with raising an event in unmask_evtchn()
  xen/mmu: Move the setting of pvops.write_cr3 to later phase in bootup.
  xen/acpi-stub: Disable it b/c the acpi_processor_add is no longer called.
  xen-pciback: notify hypervisor about devices intended to be assigned to guests
  xen/acpi-processor: Don't dereference struct acpi_processor on all CPUs.

4 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 27 Mar 2013 18:18:43 +0000 (11:18 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid

Pull HID fixes from Jiri Kosina:

 - fix for potential 3.9 regression in handling of buttons for touchpads
   following HID mt specification; potential because reportedly there is
   no retail product on the market that would be using this feature, but
   nevertheless we'd better follow the spec.  Fix by Benjamin Tissoires.

 - support for two quirky devices added by Josh Boyer.

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid:
  HID: multitouch: fix touchpad buttons
  HID: usbhid: fix build problem
  HID: usbhid: quirk for MSI GX680R led panel
  HID: usbhid: quirk for Realtek Multi-card reader

4 years agoMerge tag 'iommu-fixes-v3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git...
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 27 Mar 2013 16:25:11 +0000 (09:25 -0700)]
Merge tag 'iommu-fixes-v3.9-rc4' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/joro/iommu

Pull IOMMU fixes from Joerg Roedel:
 "Here are some fixes which have collected since Linux v3.9-rc1.

  The most important one fixes a long-standing regressen which make
  re-hotplugged devices unusable when AMD IOMMU is used.

  The other patches fix build issues (build regression on OMAP and a
  section mismatch).  One patch just removes a duplicate header include."

* tag 'iommu-fixes-v3.9-rc4' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/joro/iommu:
  iommu/amd: Make sure dma_ops are set for hotplug devices
  x86, io_apic: remove duplicated include from irq_remapping.c
  iommu: OMAP: build only on OMAP2+
  amd_iommu_init: remove __init from amd_iommu_erratum_746_workaround

4 years agovfs/splice: Fix missed checks in new __kernel_write() helper
Al Viro [Wed, 27 Mar 2013 15:20:30 +0000 (15:20 +0000)]
vfs/splice: Fix missed checks in new __kernel_write() helper

Commit 06ae43f34bcc ("Don't bother with redoing rw_verify_area() from
default_file_splice_from()") lost the checks to test existence of the
write/aio_write methods.  My apologies ;-/

Eventually, we want that in fs/splice.c side of things (no point
repeating it for every buffer, after all), but for now this is the
obvious minimal fix.

Reported-by: Dave Jones <davej@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
4 years agoxen/events: avoid race with raising an event in unmask_evtchn()
David Vrabel [Mon, 25 Mar 2013 14:11:19 +0000 (14:11 +0000)]
xen/events: avoid race with raising an event in unmask_evtchn()

In unmask_evtchn(), when the mask bit is cleared after testing for
pending and the event becomes pending between the test and clear, then
the upcall will not become pending and the event may be lost or
delayed.

Avoid this by always clearing the mask bit before checking for
pending.  If a hypercall is needed, remask the event as
EVTCHNOP_unmask will only retrigger pending events if they were
masked.

This fixes a regression introduced in 3.7 by
b5e579232d635b79a3da052964cb357ccda8d9ea (xen/events: fix
unmask_evtchn for PV on HVM guests) which reordered the clear mask and
check pending operations.

Changes in v2:
- set mask before hypercall.

Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Acked-by: Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@eu.citrix.com>
Signed-off-by: David Vrabel <david.vrabel@citrix.com>
Signed-off-by: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>
4 years agoxen/mmu: Move the setting of pvops.write_cr3 to later phase in bootup.
Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk [Fri, 22 Mar 2013 14:34:28 +0000 (10:34 -0400)]
xen/mmu: Move the setting of pvops.write_cr3 to later phase in bootup.

We move the setting of write_cr3 from the early bootup variant
(see git commit 0cc9129d75ef8993702d97ab0e49542c15ac6ab9
"x86-64, xen, mmu: Provide an early version of write_cr3.")
to a more appropiate location.

This new location sets all of the other non-early variants
of pvops calls - and most importantly is before the
alternative_asm mechanism kicks in.

Signed-off-by: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>
4 years agoxen/acpi-stub: Disable it b/c the acpi_processor_add is no longer called.
Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk [Fri, 22 Mar 2013 14:15:47 +0000 (10:15 -0400)]
xen/acpi-stub: Disable it b/c the acpi_processor_add is no longer called.

With the Xen ACPI stub code (CONFIG_XEN_STUB=y) enabled, the power
C and P states are no longer uploaded to the hypervisor.

The reason is that the Xen CPU hotplug code: xen-acpi-cpuhotplug.c
and the xen-acpi-stub.c register themselves as the "processor" type object.

That means the generic processor (processor_driver.c) stops
working and it does not call (acpi_processor_add) which populates the

         per_cpu(processors, pr->id) = pr;

structure. The 'pr' is gathered from the acpi_processor_get_info function
which does the job of finding the C-states and figuring out PBLK address.

The 'processors->pr' is then later used by xen-acpi-processor.c (the one that
uploads C and P states to the hypervisor). Since it is NULL, we end
skip the gathering of _PSD, _PSS, _PCT, etc and never upload the power
management data.

The end result is that enabling the CONFIG_XEN_STUB in the build means that
xen-acpi-processor is not working anymore.

This temporary patch fixes it by marking the XEN_STUB driver as
BROKEN until this can be properly fixed.

CC: jinsong.liu@intel.com
Signed-off-by: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com>
4 years agousb: Fix compile error by selecting USB_OTG_UTILS
Roland Stigge [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 17:36:01 +0000 (18:36 +0100)]
usb: Fix compile error by selecting USB_OTG_UTILS

The current lpc32xx_defconfig breaks like this, caused by recent phy
restructuring:

  LD      init/built-in.o
drivers/built-in.o: In function `usb_hcd_nxp_probe':
drivers/usb/host/ohci-nxp.c:224: undefined reference to `isp1301_get_client'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `lpc32xx_udc_probe':
drivers/usb/gadget/lpc32xx_udc.c:3104: undefined reference to
`isp1301_get_client' distcc[27867] ERROR: compile (null) on localhost failed
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

Caused by 1c2088812f095df77f4b3224b65db79d7111a300 (usb: Makefile: fix
drivers/usb/phy/ Makefile entry)

This patch fixes this by selecting USB_OTG_UTILS in Kconfig which
causes the phy driver to be built again.

Signed-off-by: Roland Stigge <stigge@antcom.de>
Acked-by: Felipe Balbi <balbi@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
4 years agouserns: Restrict when proc and sysfs can be mounted
Eric W. Biederman [Sun, 24 Mar 2013 21:28:27 +0000 (14:28 -0700)]
userns: Restrict when proc and sysfs can be mounted

Only allow unprivileged mounts of proc and sysfs if they are already
mounted when the user namespace is created.

proc and sysfs are interesting because they have content that is
per namespace, and so fresh mounts are needed when new namespaces
are created while at the same time proc and sysfs have content that
is shared between every instance.

Respect the policy of who may see the shared content of proc and sysfs
by only allowing new mounts if there was an existing mount at the time
the user namespace was created.

In practice there are only two interesting cases: proc and sysfs are
mounted at their usual places, proc and sysfs are not mounted at all
(some form of mount namespace jail).

Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Acked-by: Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn@canonical.com>
Signed-off-by: "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@xmission.com>
4 years agoipc: Restrict mounting the mqueue filesystem
Eric W. Biederman [Fri, 22 Mar 2013 01:13:15 +0000 (18:13 -0700)]
ipc: Restrict mounting the mqueue filesystem

Only allow mounting the mqueue filesystem if the caller has CAP_SYS_ADMIN
rights over the ipc namespace.   The principle here is if you create
or have capabilities over it you can mount it, otherwise you get to live
with what other people have mounted.

This information is not particularly sensitive and mqueue essentially
only reports which posix messages queues exist.  Still when creating a
restricted environment for an application to live any extra
information may be of use to someone with sufficient creativity.  The
historical if imperfect way this information has been restricted has
been not to allow mounts and restricting this to ipc namespace
creators maintains the spirit of the historical restriction.

Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Acked-by: Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn@canonical.com>
Signed-off-by: "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@xmission.com>
4 years agovfs: Carefully propogate mounts across user namespaces
Eric W. Biederman [Fri, 22 Mar 2013 11:08:05 +0000 (04:08 -0700)]
vfs: Carefully propogate mounts across user namespaces

As a matter of policy MNT_READONLY should not be changable if the
original mounter had more privileges than creator of the mount
namespace.

Add the flag CL_UNPRIVILEGED to note when we are copying a mount from
a mount namespace that requires more privileges to a mount namespace
that requires fewer privileges.

When the CL_UNPRIVILEGED flag is set cause clone_mnt to set MNT_NO_REMOUNT
if any of the mnt flags that should never be changed are set.

This protects both mount propagation and the initial creation of a less
privileged mount namespace.

Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Acked-by: Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn@canonical.com>
Reported-by: Andy Lutomirski <luto@amacapital.net>
Signed-off-by: "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@xmission.com>
4 years agovfs: Add a mount flag to lock read only bind mounts
Eric W. Biederman [Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:10:15 +0000 (03:10 -0700)]
vfs: Add a mount flag to lock read only bind mounts

When a read-only bind mount is copied from mount namespace in a higher
privileged user namespace to a mount namespace in a lesser privileged
user namespace, it should not be possible to remove the the read-only
restriction.

Add a MNT_LOCK_READONLY mount flag to indicate that a mount must
remain read-only.

CC: stable@vger.kernel.org
Acked-by: Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn@canonical.com>
Signed-off-by: "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@xmission.com>
4 years agouserns: Don't allow creation if the user is chrooted
Eric W. Biederman [Fri, 15 Mar 2013 08:45:51 +0000 (01:45 -0700)]
userns:  Don't allow creation if the user is chrooted

Guarantee that the policy of which files may be access that is
established by setting the root directory will not be violated
by user namespaces by verifying that the root directory points
to the root of the mount namespace at the time of user namespace
creation.

Changing the root is a privileged operation, and as a matter of policy
it serves to limit unprivileged processes to files below the current
root directory.

For reasons of simplicity and comprehensibility the privilege to
change the root directory is gated solely on the CAP_SYS_CHROOT
capability in the user namespace.  Therefore when creating a user
namespace we must ensure that the policy of which files may be access
can not be violated by changing the root directory.

Anyone who runs a processes in a chroot and would like to use user
namespace can setup the same view of filesystems with a mount
namespace instead.  With this result that this is not a practical
limitation for using user namespaces.

Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Acked-by: Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn@canonical.com>
Reported-by: Andy Lutomirski <luto@amacapital.net>
Signed-off-by: "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@xmission.com>
4 years agoHID: multitouch: fix touchpad buttons
Benjamin Tissoires [Fri, 22 Mar 2013 17:53:57 +0000 (18:53 +0100)]
HID: multitouch: fix touchpad buttons

Commit "HID: multitouch: use the callback "report" instead..." breaks the
buttons of touchpads following the HID multitouch specification.
The buttons were emmitted through hid-input, but as now the events
are generated only in hid-multitouch, the buttons are not emmitted anymore.

The input_event() call is far much simpler than the hid-input one as
many of the different tests do not apply to multitouch touchpads.

Signed-off-by: Benjamin Tissoires <benjamin.tissoires@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Jiri Kosina <jkosina@suse.cz>
4 years agoiommu/amd: Make sure dma_ops are set for hotplug devices
Joerg Roedel [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 21:48:23 +0000 (22:48 +0100)]
iommu/amd: Make sure dma_ops are set for hotplug devices

There is a bug introduced with commit 27c2127 that causes
devices which are hot unplugged and then hot-replugged to
not have per-device dma_ops set. This causes these devices
to not function correctly. Fixed with this patch.

Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Reported-by: Andreas Degert <andreas.degert@googlemail.com>
Signed-off-by: Joerg Roedel <joro@8bytes.org>
4 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs
Linus Torvalds [Wed, 27 Mar 2013 00:42:55 +0000 (17:42 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs

Pull vfs fixes from Al Viro:
 "stable fodder; assorted deadlock fixes"

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs:
  vt: synchronize_rcu() under spinlock is not nice...
  Nest rename_lock inside vfsmount_lock
  Don't bother with redoing rw_verify_area() from default_file_splice_from()

4 years agovt: synchronize_rcu() under spinlock is not nice...
Al Viro [Wed, 27 Mar 2013 00:30:17 +0000 (20:30 -0400)]
vt: synchronize_rcu() under spinlock is not nice...

vcs_poll_data_free() calls unregister_vt_notifier(), which calls
atomic_notifier_chain_unregister(), which calls synchronize_rcu().
Do it *after* we'd dropped ->f_lock.

Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org (all kernels since 2.6.37)
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
4 years agoPCI / ACPI: hold acpi_scan_lock during root bus hotplug
Yinghai Lu [Mon, 11 Mar 2013 05:05:16 +0000 (05:05 +0000)]
PCI / ACPI: hold acpi_scan_lock during root bus hotplug

During merging the PCI tree with the PM/ACPI tree, Linus noticed
that we don't use the same lock using patten about ACPI PCI root as
acpiphp.

Here apply the same locking patten, and we need to execute
acpi_bus_hot_remove_device() via acpi_os_hotplug_execute()
as it also holds acpi_scan_lock.

[rjw: Changelog]
Reported-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
Signed-off-by: Yinghai Lu <yinghai@kernel.org>
No-objection-from: Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@google.com>
Signed-off-by: Rafael J. Wysocki <rafael.j.wysocki@intel.com>
4 years agoACPI / APEI: fix error status check condition for CPER
Chen Gong [Tue, 19 Mar 2013 06:48:07 +0000 (06:48 +0000)]
ACPI / APEI: fix error status check condition for CPER

In Table 18-289, ACPI5.0 SPEC, the error data length in CPER
Generic Error Data Entry can be 0, which means this generic
error data entry can have only one header. So fix the check
conditon for it.

Signed-off-by: Chen Gong <gong.chen@linux.intel.com>
Reviewed-by: Huang Ying <ying.huang@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Rafael J. Wysocki <rafael.j.wysocki@intel.com>
4 years agoACPI / PM: fix suspend and resume on Sony Vaio VGN-FW21M
Fabio Valentini [Mon, 11 Mar 2013 19:16:34 +0000 (19:16 +0000)]
ACPI / PM: fix suspend and resume on Sony Vaio VGN-FW21M

Add Sony Vaio VGN-FW21M to the device blacklist in
drivers/acpi/sleep.c.

Fixes suspend/resume on this device (device no longer reboots
instead of resuming).

References: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=55001
Signed-off-by: Fabio Valentini <fafatheone@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Rafael J. Wysocki <rafael.j.wysocki@intel.com>
4 years agoNest rename_lock inside vfsmount_lock
Al Viro [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 22:25:57 +0000 (18:25 -0400)]
Nest rename_lock inside vfsmount_lock

... lest we get livelocks between path_is_under() and d_path() and friends.

The thing is, wrt fairness lglocks are more similar to rwsems than to rwlocks;
it is possible to have thread B spin on attempt to take lock shared while thread
A is already holding it shared, if B is on lower-numbered CPU than A and there's
a thread C spinning on attempt to take the same lock exclusive.

As the result, we need consistent ordering between vfsmount_lock (lglock) and
rename_lock (seq_lock), even though everything that takes both is going to take
vfsmount_lock only shared.

Spotted-by: Brad Spengler <spender@grsecurity.net>
Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
4 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 21:24:29 +0000 (14:24 -0700)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/davem/net

Pull networking fixes from David Miller:

 1) Always increment IPV4 ID field in encapsulated GSO packets, even
    when DF is set.  Regression fix from Pravin B Shelar.

 2) Fix per-net subsystem initialization in netfilter conntrack,
    otherwise we may access dynamically allocated memory before it is
    actually allocated.  From Gao Feng.

 3) Fix DMA buffer lengths in iwl3945 driver, from Stanislaw Gruszka.

 4) Fix race between submission of sync vs async commands in mwifiex
    driver, from Amitkumar Karwar.

 5) Add missing cancel of command timer in mwifiex driver, from Bing
    Zhao.

 6) Missing SKB free in rtlwifi USB driver, from Jussi Kivilinna.

 7) Thermal layer tries to use a genetlink multicast string that is
    longer than the 16 character limit.  Fix it and add a BUG check to
    prevent this kind of thing from happening in the future.

 From Masatake YAMATO.

 8) Fix many bugs in the handling of the teardown of L2TP connections,
    UDP encapsulation instances, and sockets.  From Tom Parkin.

 9) Missing socket release in IRDA, from Kees Cook.

10) Fix fec driver modular build, from Fabio Estevam.

11) Erroneous use of kfree() instead of free_netdev() in lantiq_etop,
    from Wei Yongjun.

12) Fix bugs in handling of queue numbers and steering rules in mlx4
    driver, from Moshe Lazer, Hadar Hen Zion, and Or Gerlitz.

13) Some FOO_DIAG_MAX constants were defined off by one, fix from Andrey
    Vagin.

14) TCP segmentation deferral is unintentionally done too strongly,
    breaking ACK clocking.  Fix from Eric Dumazet.

15) net_enable_timestamp() can legitimately be invoked from software
    interrupts, and in a way that is safe, so remove the WARN_ON().
    Also from Eric Dumazet.

16) Fix use after free in VLANs, from Cong Wang.

17) Fix TCP slow start retransmit storms after SACK reneging, from
    Yuchung Cheng.

18) Unix socket release should mark a socket dead before NULL'ing out
    sock->sk, otherwise we can race.  Fix from Paul Moore.

19) IPV6 addrconf code can try to free static memory, from Hong Zhiguo.

20) Fix register mis-programming, NULL pointer derefs, and wrong PHC
    clock frequency in IGB driver.  From Lior LevyAlex Williamson, Jiri
    Benc, and Jeff Kirsher.

21) skb->ip_summed logic in pch_gbe driver is reversed, breaking packet
    forwarding.  Fix from Veaceslav Falico.

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net: (65 commits)
  ipv4: Fix ip-header identification for gso packets.
  bonding: remove already created master sysfs link on failure
  af_unix: dont send SCM_CREDENTIAL when dest socket is NULL
  pch_gbe: fix ip_summed checksum reporting on rx
  igb: fix PHC stopping on max freq
  igb: make sensor info static
  igb: SR-IOV init reordering
  igb: Fix null pointer dereference
  igb: fix i350 anti spoofing config
  ixgbevf: don't release the soft entries
  ipv6: fix bad free of addrconf_init_net
  unix: fix a race condition in unix_release()
  tcp: undo spurious timeout after SACK reneging
  bnx2x: fix assignment of signed expression to unsigned variable
  bridge: fix crash when set mac address of br interface
  8021q: fix a potential use-after-free
  net: remove a WARN_ON() in net_enable_timestamp()
  tcp: preserve ACK clocking in TSO
  net: fix *_DIAG_MAX constants
  net/mlx4_core: Disallow releasing VF QPs which have steering rules
  ...

4 years agoMerge tag 'nfs-for-3.9-3' of git://git.linux-nfs.org/projects/trondmy/linux-nfs
Linus Torvalds [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 21:23:45 +0000 (14:23 -0700)]
Merge tag 'nfs-for-3.9-3' of git://git.linux-nfs.org/projects/trondmy/linux-nfs

Pull NFS client bugfixes from Trond Myklebust:
 - Fix an NFSv4 idmapper regression
 - Fix an Oops in the pNFS blocks client
 - Fix up various issues with pNFS layoutcommit
 - Ensure correct read ordering of variables in
   rpc_wake_up_task_queue_locked

* tag 'nfs-for-3.9-3' of git://git.linux-nfs.org/projects/trondmy/linux-nfs:
  SUNRPC: Add barriers to ensure read ordering in rpc_wake_up_task_queue_locked
  NFSv4.1: Add a helper pnfs_commit_and_return_layout
  NFSv4.1: Always clear the NFS_INO_LAYOUTCOMMIT in layoutreturn
  NFSv4.1: Fix a race in pNFS layoutcommit
  pnfs-block: removing DM device maybe cause oops when call dev_remove
  NFSv4: Fix the string length returned by the idmapper

4 years agoMerge tag 'for-usb-linus-2013-03-26' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Greg Kroah-Hartman [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 21:14:54 +0000 (14:14 -0700)]
Merge tag 'for-usb-linus-2013-03-26' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/sarah/xhci into usb-linus

Misc xHCI fixes for 3.9

Hi Greg,

Here's a couple of fixes for the xHCI driver.  Three patches are nothing
major: build warning fix, macro field width fix, and removing some
unnecessary log spam.

The only interesting thing here is Tianyu's two patches to fix the USB
port connection type discovery, for the USB port power off mechanism.
This adds new USB host API, but as discussed, it's necessary to avoid
powering off the wrong USB port.  It's not marked for backport to stable
kernels, since the sysfs mechanism to manually power off a port didn't
go in until 3.9.

I've smoke tested these, including system suspend, USB device suspend,
and rocking out in my cube with a pair of USB headphones.  They look
fine to me.

Hibernate is currently broken on my system, due to some nouveau MMIO
read faults.  I'll report that separately.

Sarah Sharp

4 years agorsxx: remove unused variable
Philip J Kelleher [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 16:06:35 +0000 (11:06 -0500)]
rsxx: remove unused variable

Signed-off-by: Philip J Kelleher <pjk1939@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk>
4 years agorsxx: enable error return of rsxx_eeh_save_issued_dmas()
Philip J Kelleher [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 16:03:07 +0000 (11:03 -0500)]
rsxx: enable error return of rsxx_eeh_save_issued_dmas()

Commit d8d595df introduced a bug where we did not check for a NULL
return from kmalloc(). Make rsxx_eeh_save_issued_dmas() return an
error for that case, and make the callers handle that.

Signed-off-by: Philip J Kelleher <pjk1939@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Jens Axboe <axboe@kernel.dk>
4 years agoyama: Better permission check for ptraceme
Eric W. Biederman [Thu, 21 Mar 2013 09:30:41 +0000 (02:30 -0700)]
yama:  Better permission check for ptraceme

Change the permission check for yama_ptrace_ptracee to the standard
ptrace permission check, testing if the traceer has CAP_SYS_PTRACE
in the tracees user namespace.

Reviewed-by: Kees Cook <keescook@chromium.org>
Signed-off-by: "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm@xmission.com>
4 years agoipv4: Fix ip-header identification for gso packets.
Pravin B Shelar [Sun, 24 Mar 2013 17:36:29 +0000 (17:36 +0000)]
ipv4: Fix ip-header identification for gso packets.

ip-header id needs to be incremented even if IP_DF flag is set.
This behaviour was changed in commit 490ab08127cebc25e3a26
(IP_GRE: Fix IP-Identification).

Following patch fixes it so that identification is always
incremented.

Reported-by: Cong Wang <amwang@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Pravin B Shelar <pshelar@nicira.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>
4 years agoBtrfs: fix race between mmap writes and compression
Chris Mason [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 17:07:00 +0000 (13:07 -0400)]
Btrfs: fix race between mmap writes and compression

Btrfs uses page_mkwrite to ensure stable pages during
crc calculations and mmap workloads.  We call clear_page_dirty_for_io
before we do any crcs, and this forces any application with the file
mapped to wait for the crc to finish before it is allowed to change
the file.

With compression on, the clear_page_dirty_for_io step is happening after
we've compressed the pages.  This means the applications might be
changing the pages while we are compressing them, and some of those
modifications might not hit the disk.

This commit adds the clear_page_dirty_for_io before compression starts
and makes sure to redirty the page if we have to fallback to
uncompressed IO as well.

Signed-off-by: Chris Mason <chris.mason@fusionio.com>
Reported-by: Alexandre Oliva <oliva@gnu.org>
cc: stable@vger.kernel.org

4 years agobonding: remove already created master sysfs link on failure
Veaceslav Falico [Tue, 26 Mar 2013 16:43:28 +0000 (17:43 +0100)]
bonding: remove already created master sysfs link on failure

If slave sysfs symlink failes to be created - we end up without removing
the master sysfs symlink. Remove it in case of failure.

Signed-off-by: Veaceslav Falico <vfalico@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net>