linux-omap-dss2:linux.git
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: Create platform device for audio support
Ricardo Neri [Tue, 6 Nov 2012 06:19:17 +0000 (00:19 -0600)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: Create platform device for audio support

Creating the accessory devices, such as audio, from the HDMI driver
allows to regard HDMI as a single entity with audio an display
functionality. This intends to follow the design of drivers such
as MFD, in which a single entity handles the creation of the accessory
devices. Such devices are then used by domain-specific drivers; audio in
this case.

Also, this is in line with the DT implementation of HDMI, in which we will
have a single node to describe this feature of the OMAP SoC.

Signed-off-by: Ricardo Neri <ricardo.neri@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: Add op to get audio DMA port address offset
Ricardo Neri [Tue, 6 Nov 2012 06:19:16 +0000 (00:19 -0600)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: Add op to get audio DMA port address offset

It could be possible that the DMA port differs accross diferent HDMI IPs. Thus,
add an IP-specific function to obtain the address offset and size of the DMA
data port.

Signed-off-by: Ricardo Neri <ricardo.neri@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: Uninit display on device add error
Ricardo Neri [Tue, 6 Nov 2012 06:19:15 +0000 (00:19 -0600)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: Uninit display on device add error

The display must be uninitialized in order to free the requested GPIOs.

Signed-off-by: Ricardo Neri <ricardo.neri@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: Handle panel init error at probe
Ricardo Neri [Tue, 6 Nov 2012 06:19:14 +0000 (00:19 -0600)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: Handle panel init error at probe

Do not blindly assume that the panel could be initialized.

While there, group mutex initialization at a single place.

Signed-off-by: Ricardo Neri <ricardo.neri@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: Make panel return dssdev register errors
Ricardo Neri [Tue, 6 Nov 2012 06:19:13 +0000 (00:19 -0600)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: Make panel return dssdev register errors

Do not assume blindly that the DSS driver was registered successfully.

Signed-off-by: Ricardo Neri <ricardo.neri@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: Convert to devm_request_and_ioremap
Ricardo Neri [Tue, 6 Nov 2012 06:19:12 +0000 (00:19 -0600)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: Convert to devm_request_and_ioremap

Using devm_request_and_ioremap provides better memory handling and
improves readability.

Signed-off-by: Ricardo Neri <ricardo.neri@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: Rename resource variable at probe.
Ricardo Neri [Tue, 6 Nov 2012 06:19:11 +0000 (00:19 -0600)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: Rename resource variable at probe.

Minor cleanup to give to the resource variable a more proper name.

Signed-off-by: Ricardo Neri <ricardo.neri@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: APPLY: Fix the usage of wait_for_completion_timeout
Chuansheng Liu [Tue, 6 Nov 2012 17:22:35 +0000 (01:22 +0800)]
OMAPDSS: APPLY: Fix the usage of wait_for_completion_timeout

The return value of wait_for_completion_timeout() is always
>= 0 with unsigned int type.

So the condition "ret < 0" or "ret >= 0" is pointless.

Signed-off-by: liu chuansheng <chuansheng.liu@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: Fix the usage of wait_for_completion_timeout
Chuansheng Liu [Tue, 6 Nov 2012 17:21:20 +0000 (01:21 +0800)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: Fix the usage of wait_for_completion_timeout

The return value of wait_for_completion_timeout() is always
>= 0 with unsigned int type.

So the condition "ret < 0" or "ret >= 0" is pointless.

Signed-off-by: liu chuansheng <chuansheng.liu@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: fix DS variable name
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 5 Nov 2012 12:40:19 +0000 (14:40 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: fix DS variable name

check_horiz_timing_omap3() has a variable named 'DS'. i386 uses DS name
for something else, causing a compilation error. As 'DS' is not a very
good local variable name in the first place, let's change it to 'ds',
fixing the issue.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoMerge branch '3.8/dsi-pll-work'
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 5 Nov 2012 09:30:21 +0000 (11:30 +0200)]
Merge branch '3.8/dsi-pll-work'

Merge omapdss patches to enable using DSI PLL for DPI output.

5 years agoOMAPDSS: DPI: always use DSI PLL if available
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:12:58 +0000 (16:12 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DPI: always use DSI PLL if available

We currently get the decision whether to use PRCM or DSI PLL clock for
DPI from the board file. This is not a good way to handle it, and it
won't work with device tree.

This patch changes DPI to always use DSI PLL if it's available.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DPI: verify if DSI PLL is operational
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 30 Oct 2012 10:57:43 +0000 (12:57 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DPI: verify if DSI PLL is operational

The SoCs that have DSI module should have a working DSI PLL. However,
some rare boards have not connected the powers to the DSI PLL.

This patch adds a function that tries to power up the DSI PLL, and
reports if that doesn't succeed. DPI uses this function to fall back to
PRCM clocks if DSI PLL doesn't work.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DPI: use dpi.dsidev to see whether to use dsi pll
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:03:39 +0000 (16:03 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DPI: use dpi.dsidev to see whether to use dsi pll

Instead of using dpi_use_dsi_pll() to check if dsi pll is to be used, we
can just check if dpi.dsidev != NULL.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: hide dss_select_dispc_clk_source()
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:58:36 +0000 (16:58 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: hide dss_select_dispc_clk_source()

dss.c currently exposes functions to configure the dispc source clock
and lcd source clock. There are configured separately from the output
drivers.

However, there is no safe way for the output drivers to handle dispc
clock, as it's shared between the outputs. Thus, if, say, the DSI driver
sets up DSI PLL and configures both the dispc and lcd clock sources to
that DSI PLL, the resulting dispc clock could be too low for, say, HDMI.

Thus the output drivers should really only be concerned about the lcd
clock, which is what the output drivers actually use. There's lot to do
to clean up the dss clock handling, but this patch takes one step
forward and removes the use of dss_select_dispc_clk_source() from the
output drivers.

After this patch, the output drivers only configure the lcd source
clock. On omap4+ the dispc src clock is never changed from the default
PRCM source. On omap3, where the dispc and lcd clocks are actually the
same, setting the lcd clock source sets the dispc clock source.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: setup default dss fck
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:35:41 +0000 (16:35 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: setup default dss fck

We don't currently set the dss fck when starting up. This is not a
problem, as we setup the fck later when configuring the pixel clocks. Or
this is how it was for omap2, for the rest of the omaps this may not be
so.

For DSI, HDMI and also for DPI when using DSI PLL, we don't need to
change the dss fck, and thus it may be left unconfigured. Usually the
dss fck is already setup fine by default, but we can't trust this.

This patch sets the dss fck to maximum at probe time.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: add dss_calc_clock_rates() back
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 15 Oct 2012 10:27:04 +0000 (13:27 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: add dss_calc_clock_rates() back

dss_calc_clock_rates() was removed earlier as it was not used, but it is
needed for DSI PLL calculations, so this patch adds it back.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: workaround for HSDiv problem
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 12 Oct 2012 13:27:28 +0000 (16:27 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: workaround for HSDiv problem

It looks like on many OMAP versions powers for both HSClk and HSDiv to
be enabled to have a functional HSDiv.

This patch fixes the issue by forcing both powers on.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: skip odd dividers when pck >= 100MHz
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 12 Oct 2012 12:21:44 +0000 (15:21 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: skip odd dividers when pck >= 100MHz

The DSI PLL and HSDivider can be used to generate the pixel clock for
LCD overlay manager, which then goes to DPI output. On the DPI output
pin the voltage of the signal is shifted from the OMAP's internal
minimal voltage to 1.8V range. The shifting is not instant, and the
higher the clock frequency, the less time there is to shift the signal
to nominal voltage.

If the HSDivider's divider is greater than one and odd, the resulting
pixel clock does not have 50% duty cycle. For example, with a divider of
3, the duty cycle is 33%.

When combining high frequency (in the area of 140MHz+) and non-50% duty
cycle, it has been observed the the shifter does not have enough time to
shift the voltage enough, and this leads to bad signal which is rejected
by monitors.

As a workaround this patch makes the divider calculation skip all odd
dividers when the required pixel clock is over 100MHz. The limit of
100MHz is a guesstimate.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: fix DPI & DSI init order
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:57:25 +0000 (15:57 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: fix DPI & DSI init order

DPI may use DSI PLL, so it depends on DSI. However, currently DPI driver
is added first, which causes DPI initialization to fail when it tries to
get the DSI PLL.

This patch changes the init order to fix this.

A better solution would be to separate DSI PLL and DSI drivers. They
have dependencies, though, but we could still have DSI PLL as an
independent entity that we could initialize before any of the output
drivers.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoMerge branch '3.8/misc-2'
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 5 Nov 2012 09:11:50 +0000 (11:11 +0200)]
Merge branch '3.8/misc-2'

Merge omapdss miscellaneous patches.

5 years agoOMAPDSS: split hdmi muxing function
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 19 Oct 2012 09:14:12 +0000 (12:14 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: split hdmi muxing function

Split the omap4_hdmi_mux_pads() function into two parts, one handles the
tpd12s015 gpio muxing, the other handles the hdmi pins.

This is clearer, as hdmi and tpd12s015 are separate devices, and it also
allows us to mux those separately with DT.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Cc: Ricardo Neri <ricardo.neri@ti.com>
Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: remove dssdev depependency from error handler
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:34:24 +0000 (15:34 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: remove dssdev depependency from error handler

The dispc error handler tries to "fix" issues by disabling and enabling
panel. This is problematic, as we're trying to remove the dependency
from omapdss to the omap_dss_devices. It's also racy, and doesn't really
fix anything.

This patch removes the use of omap_dss_device from the error handler,
and just disables and enables the associated overlay manager. This
should produce similar results as the previous solution, without using
dssdev.

However, the error handling is still horrible. But the problem boils
down to one question, to which I don't have a clear answer: what to do
when a HW error happens?

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: fix loop in error handler
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 24 Oct 2012 06:20:40 +0000 (09:20 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: fix loop in error handler

The dispc's error handler has a loop inside another loop, and both use
the same loop variable. This is clearly wrong, and this patch makes a
new variable for the inner loop.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: fix DSI2 PLL clk names
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 30 Nov 2011 15:34:52 +0000 (17:34 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: fix DSI2 PLL clk names

dss_generic_clk_source_names is missing the names for clocks from DSI2
PLL. Add them.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPFB: improve mode selection from EDID
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 12 Oct 2012 12:44:29 +0000 (15:44 +0300)]
OMAPFB: improve mode selection from EDID

The current omapfb code goes over all the modes found from the monitors
EDID data, and searches for a mode that is compatible with the DSS
hardware and has the highest x-res.

While this works ok as such, it proves problematic when using DSI PLL
for pixel clock. Calculating DSI PLL dividers is not the fastest of the
operations, and while doing it for one mode is usually ok, doing it for
20 modes is noticable.

Also, the first mode given in the EDID data should be the native mode of
the monitor, and thus also the best mode, so if that can be used, no
need to look further.

This patch changes the code to use the first mode that is compatible
with the DSS hardware.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPFB: remove use of extended edid block
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 8 Oct 2012 12:38:25 +0000 (15:38 +0300)]
OMAPFB: remove use of extended edid block

It seems that using the second EDID block causes more problems than is
of any help. The first mode in the extended block will get
FB_MODE_IS_FIRST set, which will override the first mode from the first
EDID block, thus making the default videomode selection not to work
properly.

This patch removes the use of the extended edid block for now.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: make hdmi pclk check more permissive
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 24 Oct 2012 08:55:54 +0000 (11:55 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: make hdmi pclk check more permissive

The hdmi driver tries to find the given video timings from its static
list of timings, to find the required ID for the mode. The check tries
to find exact match for the pixel clock, among other checks.

with omapfb driver there can be some amount of error in the give pixel
clock, as the pixel clock is converted between Hz and ps, thus the
hdmi's check fails to find the mode.

This patch makes the check more allowing, by rounding the pixel clocks
to nearest MHz.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Cc: Ricardo Neri <ricardo.neri@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: add 1920x1200 video mode
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 24 Oct 2012 08:55:39 +0000 (11:55 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: add 1920x1200 video mode

Add 1920x1200 video mode to hdmi driver's static modelist.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Cc: Ricardo Neri <ricardo.neri@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: use core power on/off with edid & detect
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 19 Oct 2012 14:42:27 +0000 (17:42 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: use core power on/off with edid & detect

This patch makes use of the hdmi_power_[on|off]_core() functions added
in the previous patch. The functions are used when reading EDID or
detecting if a monitor is connected.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Cc: Ricardo Neri <ricardo.neri@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: split power_on/off to two parts
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 19 Oct 2012 14:42:10 +0000 (17:42 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: split power_on/off to two parts

There's currently just one power-on function for HDMI, which enables the
IP and the video output. When reading EDID or detecting if a monitor is
connected, we don't need the video output.

Enabling the video output for these operations is not a big problem in
itself, but the quick enable/disable cycles caused by the operations
seem to cause sync lost errors from time to time. Also, this makes it
possible to read the EDID before the full video path has been set up.

This patch splits the hdmi_power_on into two parts, hdmi_power_on_core
and hdmi_power_on_full. The "full" version does what hdmi_power_on does
currently, and hdmi_power_on_core only enables the core IP. Similar
changes are made for power_off.

Note that these don't allow the HDMI IP to be first enabled, and later
enable the video output, but the HDMI IP will first need to be powered
off before calling the full version. So this is rather limited
implementation, but it fills the needs for reading EDID.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Cc: Ricardo Neri <ricardo.neri@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: Add IRQ enable/status helpers
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 10 Oct 2012 12:13:14 +0000 (15:13 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: Add IRQ enable/status helpers

DISPC irqs need to be handled from the compat layer and also in the
future by the omapdrm. To make this possible, this patchs adds a set of
helper functions, so that the irqs can be managed without direct
register reads/writes.

The following functions are added, and all the current direct reg
reads/writes are changed to use these.

u32 dispc_read_irqstatus(void);
void dispc_clear_irqstatus(u32 mask);
u32 dispc_read_irqenable(void);
void dispc_write_irqenable(u32 mask);

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: add dispc_ovl_enabled()
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:13:15 +0000 (14:13 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: add dispc_ovl_enabled()

Add new dispc function, dispc_ovl_enabled(). This returns if the overlay
enable bit is set in the registers.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: make _enable_mgr_out public as "dispc_mgr_enable"
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:16:06 +0000 (14:16 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: make _enable_mgr_out public as "dispc_mgr_enable"

We need a low level manager-enable function for omapdrm. We have that
function as dispc internal func, _enable_mgr_out().

This patch exposes that function, and renames it to dispc_mgr_enable().

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: rename dispc_mgr_enable/disable to _sync
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:14:38 +0000 (14:14 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: rename dispc_mgr_enable/disable to _sync

The current dispc_mgr_enable/disable function are blocking, and do a bit
too much for omapdrm. We'll expose new enable & disable functions that
will just set the bits in the registers in the following patches.

This patch renames the current functions to *_sync, to make it clear
that they are blocking, and also to free up the dispc_mgr_enable/disable
names for these new functions.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: use dss_feat_get_num_ovls()
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:37:22 +0000 (15:37 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: use dss_feat_get_num_ovls()

Use dss_feat_get_num_ovls() in dispc.c instead of
omap_dss_get_num_overlays() to remove the dependency to overlay.c. Note
that we still have uses of omap_dss_get_num_overlays() in dispc.c, but
these will be moved out in the future patches.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: remove initial display code from omapdss
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 6 Aug 2012 12:27:17 +0000 (15:27 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: remove initial display code from omapdss

Currently omapdss driver sets up the initial connections between
overlays, overlay manager and a panel, based on default display
parameter coming from the board file or via module parameters.

This is unnecessary, as it's the higher level component that should
decide what display to use and how. This patch removes the code from
omapdss, and implements similar code to omapfb.

The def_disp module parameter and the default display platform_data
parameter are kept in omapdss, but omapdss doesn't do anything with
them. It will just return the default display name with
dss_get_default_display_name() call, which omapfb uses. This is done to
keep the backward compatibility.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: export dss_get_def_display_name()
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:40:46 +0000 (12:40 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: export dss_get_def_display_name()

Export dss_get_def_display_name() with the name of
omapdss_get_def_display_name() so that omapfb can use it after the next
patch which moves default display handling to omapfb.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: fix dispc_mgr_lclk_rate for DIGIT output
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 23 Oct 2012 08:50:10 +0000 (11:50 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: fix dispc_mgr_lclk_rate for DIGIT output

dispc_mgr_lclk_rate() cannot currently be called with DIGIT channel
parameter, even if dispc_ovl_lclk_rate() can. Fix this by making
dispc_mgr_lclk_rate() handle DIGIT channel also.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: remove dispc_irq_handler declaration
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 23 Oct 2012 13:28:23 +0000 (16:28 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: remove dispc_irq_handler declaration

dss.h contains dispc_irq_handler declaration, even if the function is
dispc.c internal. Remove the declaration.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: get the dss version from core pdev
Tomi Valkeinen [Thu, 18 Oct 2012 10:46:29 +0000 (13:46 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: get the dss version from core pdev

The output drivers get the omapdss hw version from the platform data for
their respective output device. This doesn't work with DT, as there's no
platform data for them.

Add a new function, omapdss_get_version(), which returns the dss version
from the core device, which will have platform data on DT also. The
function is exported so that users of omapdss can also use it.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: remove omap_dss_device's suspend/resume
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 30 May 2012 10:26:00 +0000 (13:26 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: remove omap_dss_device's suspend/resume

The panel drivers contain enable, disable, suspend and resume calls.
The suspend and resume are effectively identical to disable and enable.

This patch removes panel suspend and enable code from omapdss and the
panel drivers, and replaces their use with enable and disable.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: fix missing unlock on error in hdmi_dump_regs()
Wei Yongjun [Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:54:26 +0000 (20:54 +0800)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: fix missing unlock on error in hdmi_dump_regs()

Add the missing unlock on the error handling path in function
hdmi_dump_regs().

Signed-off-by: Wei Yongjun <yongjun_wei@trendmicro.com.cn>
Reviewed-by: Sumit Semwal <sumit.semwal@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: Remove acb and acbi fields from omap_dss_device
Archit Taneja [Thu, 18 Oct 2012 11:21:57 +0000 (16:51 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: Remove acb and acbi fields from omap_dss_device

acbi and acb fields were meant for passive matrix panels which omapdss
doesn't support any longer. Remove these fields from omap_dss_device
struct.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: cleanup lcd/digit enable/disable
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 10 Oct 2012 09:48:31 +0000 (12:48 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: cleanup lcd/digit enable/disable

We currently have a single function to enable and disable the manager
output for LCD and DIGIT. The functions are a bit complex, as handling
both enable and disable require some extra steps to ensure that the
output is enabled or disabled properly without errors before exiting the
function.

The code can be made simpler to understand by splitting the functions
into separate enable and disable functions. We'll also clean up the
comments and some parameter names at the same time.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: add dispc_mgr_get_sync_lost_irq()
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 17 Oct 2012 07:38:52 +0000 (10:38 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: add dispc_mgr_get_sync_lost_irq()

Add function that returns the sync lost irq mask for the given channel.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: cleanup lcd and digit enable
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:44:17 +0000 (11:44 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: cleanup lcd and digit enable

dispc.c's functions to enable LCD and DIGIT outputs can be cleaned up a
bit by using common functions to set the enable bit and to check if the
output is enabled.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: remove struct omap_overlay use
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:33:22 +0000 (15:33 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: remove struct omap_overlay use

dispc_ovl_setup() uses struct omap_overlay to get the caps for the
overlay. We can change the code to get the caps directly from dss
features, thus removing the dependency to struct omap_overlay.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: remove declarations for non-existing funcs
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 10 Oct 2012 07:35:34 +0000 (10:35 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: remove declarations for non-existing funcs

dss_mgr_set_device and dss_mgr_unset_device are declared in dss.h, but
the functions do not exist. Remove the declarations.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: combine LCD related config into one func
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 12 Sep 2012 10:30:39 +0000 (13:30 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: combine LCD related config into one func

Dispc has a bunch of functions used to configure output related
parameters:

- dispc_mgr_set_io_pad_mode
- dispc_mgr_enable_stallmode
- dispc_mgr_enable_fifohandcheck
- dispc_mgr_set_clock_div
- dispc_mgr_set_tft_data_lines
- dispc_lcd_enable_signal_polarity
- dispc_mgr_set_lcd_type_tft

These are all called together, and the configuration values are taken
from struct dss_lcd_mgr_config.

Instead of exposing those individual dispc functions, create a new one,
dispc_mgr_set_lcd_config(), which is used to configure the above
parameters from values in struct dss_lcd_mgr_config.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: constify function parameters
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 07:09:11 +0000 (09:09 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: constify function parameters

Add consts to dispc function parameters which do not modify the passed
structs.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: fix registering the vsync isr in apply
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 10 Aug 2012 11:17:47 +0000 (14:17 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: fix registering the vsync isr in apply

When we enable an output we don't check if we need to register the vsync
isr. This causes us to miss vsync interrupts until somebody changes the
configuration of an overlay or an overlay manager.

Add the registration to dss_mgr_enable to fix the problem.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: fix dsi_get_dsidev_from_id()
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 15 Oct 2012 09:48:11 +0000 (12:48 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: fix dsi_get_dsidev_from_id()

If dsi_get_dsidev_from_id() is called with a DSI module id that does not
exist on the board, the function will crash as omap_dss_get_output()
will return NULL.

This happens on omap3 boards when dumping DSI clocks, as the dumping
code will try to get the dsidev for DSI modules 0 and 1, but omap3 only
has DSI module 0.

Also clean up the id -> output mapping, so that if the function is
called with invalid module ID it will return NULL.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Cc: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoMerge branch '3.8/vrfb-conversion'
Tomi Valkeinen [Thu, 18 Oct 2012 08:03:17 +0000 (11:03 +0300)]
Merge branch '3.8/vrfb-conversion'

Merge omap vrfb code to remove direct omap platform dependencies from the
driver.

5 years agoMerge branch '3.8/dss-version'
Tomi Valkeinen [Thu, 18 Oct 2012 08:02:51 +0000 (11:02 +0300)]
Merge branch '3.8/dss-version'

Merge omapdss code to remove cpu_is_* checks from the driver.

5 years agoOMAPFB: use omap_vrfb_supported() 3.8/vrfb-conversion
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 17 Oct 2012 09:16:50 +0000 (12:16 +0300)]
OMAPFB: use omap_vrfb_supported()

Replace cpu_is_*() check with omap_vrfb_supported().

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: VRFB: add omap_vrfb_supported()
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 17 Oct 2012 09:15:31 +0000 (12:15 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: VRFB: add omap_vrfb_supported()

Add an exported function omap_vrfb_supported() which returns true if the
vrfb driver has been loaded succesfully. This can be used to decide if
VRFB can be used or not.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAP: SDRC: remove VRFB code
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 9 Oct 2012 08:47:20 +0000 (11:47 +0300)]
OMAP: SDRC: remove VRFB code

Now that VRFB driver handles its registers independently, we can remove
the VRFB related code from OMAP's sdrc.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Cc: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoOMAP: move arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/vrfb.h
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 8 Oct 2012 11:52:24 +0000 (14:52 +0300)]
OMAP: move arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/vrfb.h

Now that vrfb driver is not omap dependent anymore, we can move vrfb.h
from arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat to include/video/omapvrfb.h.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Cc: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
Cc: Vaibhav Hiremath <hvaibhav@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAP: VRFB: convert vrfb to platform device
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 8 Oct 2012 11:35:44 +0000 (14:35 +0300)]
OMAP: VRFB: convert vrfb to platform device

This patch converts vrfb library into a platform device, in an effort to
remove omap dependencies.

The platform device is registered in arch/arm/plat-omap/fb.c and
assigned resources depending on whether running on omap2 or omap3.

The vrfb driver will parse those resources and use them to access vrfb
configuration registers and the vrfb virtual rotation areas.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Cc: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: remove Kconfig dependencies 3.8/dss-version
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:46:39 +0000 (13:46 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: remove Kconfig dependencies

Now that omapdss no longer uses any platform specific functions, we can
remove the "depends on ARCH_OMAP*" lines from Kconfig.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: fix compilation warnings
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:58:14 +0000 (13:58 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: fix compilation warnings

When compiling on x86 we get following warnings:

warning: field width specifier ‘*’ expects argument of type ‘int’, but
argument 5 has type ‘size_t’ [-Wformat]

Fix these by casting the size_t to int.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: add missing sizes.h includes
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:54:35 +0000 (13:54 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: add missing sizes.h includes

When compiling on x86, we get compilation errors for dss.c and dispc.c:

drivers/video/omap2/dss/dispc.c:126:11: error: ‘SZ_4K’ undeclared here
(not in a function)

include <linux/sizes.h> to fix compilation.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: remove <plat/cpu.h> includes
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:02:06 +0000 (13:02 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: remove <plat/cpu.h> includes

cpu_is_* calls are no longer used in omapdss, so the includes for
<plat/cpu.h> can be removed.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: Correct check for the callback pointer in dss_dsi_disable_pads()
Peter Ujfalusi [Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:51:21 +0000 (13:51 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: Correct check for the callback pointer in dss_dsi_disable_pads()

Appear to be a copy-paste bug: the code was checking board_data->dsi_enable_pads
while calling board_data->dsi_disable_pads.

Signed-off-by: Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: use omapdss_version
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:00:33 +0000 (13:00 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: use omapdss_version

Use omapdss_version in hdmi.c to select the proper hdmi features.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSS: use omapdss_version
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:56:00 +0000 (12:56 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DSS: use omapdss_version

Use omapdss_version in dss.c to select the proper dss features.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: use omapdss_version
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:54:03 +0000 (12:54 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: use omapdss_version

Use omapdss_version in dispc.c to select the proper dispc features.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: use omapdss_version in dss_features.c
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:46:49 +0000 (12:46 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: use omapdss_version in dss_features.c

Pass the omapdss_version to dss_features.c and use it to select the
proper dss features.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: add omapdss_version
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:42:28 +0000 (12:42 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: add omapdss_version

Add new enum, omapdss_version, that is used to tell which DSS hardware
version the SoC has. This enum is initialized during platform init, and
passed in the platform data to omapdss driver.

Note that the versions are not "continuous", that is, you cannot check
if the version is less or greater than something, but you need to check
for exact version match. In other words, this is invalid:

/* test if DSS is 3630 or earlier */
if (ver <= OMAPDSS_VER_OMAP3630)
...

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoMerge tag 'v3.7-rc1'
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 16 Oct 2012 10:30:09 +0000 (13:30 +0300)]
Merge tag 'v3.7-rc1'

Merge Linux 3.7-rc1 to get latest upstream changes.

5 years agoLinux 3.7-rc1
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 14 Oct 2012 21:41:04 +0000 (14:41 -0700)]
Linux 3.7-rc1

5 years agoMerge branch 'upstream' of git://git.linux-mips.org/pub/scm/ralf/upstream-linus
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 14 Oct 2012 21:39:05 +0000 (14:39 -0700)]
Merge branch 'upstream' of git://git.linux-mips.org/ralf/upstream-linus

Pull MIPS update from Ralf Baechle:
 "Cleanups and fixes for breakage that occured earlier during this merge
  phase.  Also a few patches that didn't make the first pull request.
  Of those is the Alchemy work that merges code for many of the SOCs and
  evaluation boards thus among other code shrinkage, reduces the number
  of MIPS defconfigs by 5."

* 'upstream' of git://git.linux-mips.org/pub/scm/ralf/upstream-linus: (22 commits)
  MIPS: SNI: Switch RM400 serial to SCCNXP driver
  MIPS: Remove unused empty_bad_pmd_table[] declaration.
  MIPS: MT: Remove kspd.
  MIPS: Malta: Fix section mismatch.
  MIPS: asm-offset.c: Delete unused irq_cpustat_t struct offsets.
  MIPS: Alchemy: Merge PB1100/1500 support into DB1000 code.
  MIPS: Alchemy: merge PB1550 support into DB1550 code
  MIPS: Alchemy: Single kernel for DB1200/1300/1550
  MIPS: Optimize TLB refill for RI/XI configurations.
  MIPS: proc: Cleanup printing of ASEs.
  MIPS: Hardwire detection of DSP ASE Rev 2 for systems, as required.
  MIPS: Add detection of DSP ASE Revision 2.
  MIPS: Optimize pgd_init and pmd_init
  MIPS: perf: Add perf functionality for BMIPS5000
  MIPS: perf: Split the Kconfig option CONFIG_MIPS_MT_SMP
  MIPS: perf: Remove unnecessary #ifdef
  MIPS: perf: Add cpu feature bit for PCI (performance counter interrupt)
  MIPS: perf: Change the "mips_perf_event" table unsupported indicator.
  MIPS: Align swapper_pg_dir to 64K for better TLB Refill code.
  vmlinux.lds.h: Allow architectures to add sections to the front of .bss
  ...

5 years agoMerge branch 'modules-next' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rusty...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 14 Oct 2012 20:39:34 +0000 (13:39 -0700)]
Merge branch 'modules-next' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/rusty/linux

Pull module signing support from Rusty Russell:
 "module signing is the highlight, but it's an all-over David Howells frenzy..."

Hmm "Magrathea: Glacier signing key". Somebody has been reading too much HHGTTG.

* 'modules-next' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rusty/linux: (37 commits)
  X.509: Fix indefinite length element skip error handling
  X.509: Convert some printk calls to pr_devel
  asymmetric keys: fix printk format warning
  MODSIGN: Fix 32-bit overflow in X.509 certificate validity date checking
  MODSIGN: Make mrproper should remove generated files.
  MODSIGN: Use utf8 strings in signer's name in autogenerated X.509 certs
  MODSIGN: Use the same digest for the autogen key sig as for the module sig
  MODSIGN: Sign modules during the build process
  MODSIGN: Provide a script for generating a key ID from an X.509 cert
  MODSIGN: Implement module signature checking
  MODSIGN: Provide module signing public keys to the kernel
  MODSIGN: Automatically generate module signing keys if missing
  MODSIGN: Provide Kconfig options
  MODSIGN: Provide gitignore and make clean rules for extra files
  MODSIGN: Add FIPS policy
  module: signature checking hook
  X.509: Add a crypto key parser for binary (DER) X.509 certificates
  MPILIB: Provide a function to read raw data into an MPI
  X.509: Add an ASN.1 decoder
  X.509: Add simple ASN.1 grammar compiler
  ...

5 years agox86, boot: Explicitly include autoconf.h for hostprogs
Matt Fleming [Fri, 12 Oct 2012 10:19:59 +0000 (11:19 +0100)]
x86, boot: Explicitly include autoconf.h for hostprogs

The hostprogs need access to the CONFIG_* symbols found in
include/generated/autoconf.h.  But commit abbf1590de22 ("UAPI: Partition
the header include path sets and add uapi/ header directories") replaced
$(LINUXINCLUDE) with $(USERINCLUDE) which doesn't contain the necessary
include paths.

This has the undesirable effect of breaking the EFI boot stub because
the #ifdef CONFIG_EFI_STUB code in arch/x86/boot/tools/build.c is
never compiled.

It should also be noted that because $(USERINCLUDE) isn't exported by
the top-level Makefile it's actually empty in arch/x86/boot/Makefile.

Cc: H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com>
Cc: Ingo Molnar <mingo@kernel.org>
Acked-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Matt Fleming <matt.fleming@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
5 years agoperf: Fix UAPI fallout
Ingo Molnar [Sun, 14 Oct 2012 08:40:57 +0000 (10:40 +0200)]
perf: Fix UAPI fallout

The UAPI commits forgot to test tooling builds such as tools/perf/,
and this fixes the fallout.

Manual conversion.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
5 years agoMerge branch 'late-for-linus' of git://git.linaro.org/people/rmk/linux-arm
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 14 Oct 2012 00:18:53 +0000 (17:18 -0700)]
Merge branch 'late-for-linus' of git://git.linaro.org/people/rmk/linux-arm

Pull ARM update from Russell King:
 "This is the final round of stuff for ARM, left until the end of the
  merge window to reduce the number of conflicts.  This set contains the
  ARM part of David Howells UAPI changes, and a fix to the ordering of
  'select' statements in ARM Kconfig files (see the appropriate commit
  for why this happened - thanks to Andrew Morton for pointing out the
  problem.)

  I've left this as long as I dare for this window to avoid conflicts,
  and I regenerated the config patch yesterday, posting it to our
  mailing list for review and testing.  I have several acks which
  include successful test reports for it.

  However, today I notice we've got new conflicts with previously unseen
  code...  though that conflict should be trivial (it's my changes vs a
  one liner.)"

* 'late-for-linus' of git://git.linaro.org/people/rmk/linux-arm:
  ARM: config: make sure that platforms are ordered by option string
  ARM: config: sort select statements alphanumerically
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/arm/include/asm

Fix up fairly conflict in arch/arm/Kconfig (the select re-organization
vs recent addition of GENERIC_KERNEL_EXECVE)

5 years agoMerge tag 'disintegrate-main-20121013' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 20:28:32 +0000 (13:28 -0700)]
Merge tag 'disintegrate-main-20121013' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers

Pull UAPI disintegration for include/linux/{,byteorder/}*.h from David Howells:
 "The patches contained herein do the following:

 (1) Remove kernel-only stuff in linux/ppp-comp.h from the UAPI.  I checked
     this with Paul Mackerras before I created the patch and he suggested some
     extra bits to unexport.

 (2) Remove linux/blk_types.h entirely from the UAPI as none of it is userspace
     applicable, and remove from the UAPI that part of linux/fs.h that was the
     reason for linux/blk_types.h being exported in the first place.  I
     discussed this with Jens Axboe before creating the patch.

 (3) The big patch of the series to disintegrate include/linux/*.h as a unit.
     This could be split up, though there would be collisions in moving stuff
     between the two Kbuild files when the parts are merged as that file is
     sorted alphabetically rather than being grouped by subsystem.

     Of this set of headers, 17 files have changed in the UAPI exported region
     since the 4th and only 8 since the 9th so there isn't much change in this
     area - as one might expect.

     It should be pretty obvious and straightforward if it does come to fixing
     up: stuff in __KERNEL__ guards stays where it is and stuff outside moves
     to the same file in the include/uapi/linux/ directory.

     If a new file appears then things get a bit more complicated as the
     "headers +=" line has to move to include/uapi/linux/Kbuild.  Only one new
     file has appeared since the 9th and I judge this type of event relatively
     unlikely.

 (4) A patch to disintegrate include/linux/byteorder/*.h as a unit.

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>"
* tag 'disintegrate-main-20121013' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/linux/byteorder
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/linux
  UAPI: Unexport linux/blk_types.h
  UAPI: Unexport part of linux/ppp-comp.h

5 years agoMerge tag 'disintegrate-spi-20121009' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 20:26:39 +0000 (13:26 -0700)]
Merge tag 'disintegrate-spi-20121009' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers

Pull spi UAPI disintegration from David Howells:
 "This is to complete part of the Userspace API (UAPI) disintegration
  for which the preparatory patches were pulled recently.  After these
  patches, userspace headers will be segregated into:

        include/uapi/linux/.../foo.h

  for the userspace interface stuff, and:

        include/linux/.../foo.h

  for the strictly kernel internal stuff.

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Grant Likely <grant.likely@secretlab.ca>"
* tag 'disintegrate-spi-20121009' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/linux/spi

5 years agoMerge tag 'openrisc-uapi' of git://openrisc.net/jonas/linux
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 20:25:19 +0000 (13:25 -0700)]
Merge tag 'openrisc-uapi' of git://openrisc.net/jonas/linux

Pull OpenRISC uapi disintegration from Jonas Bonn:
 "OpenRISC UAPI disintegration work from David Howells"

* tag 'openrisc-uapi' of git://openrisc.net/jonas/linux:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/openrisc/include/asm

5 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 20:23:39 +0000 (13:23 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace

Pull user namespace compile fixes from Eric W Biederman:
 "This tree contains three trivial fixes.  One compiler warning, one
  thinko fix, and one build fix"

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace:
  btrfs: Fix compilation with user namespace support enabled
  userns: Fix posix_acl_file_xattr_userns gid conversion
  userns: Properly print bluetooth socket uids

5 years agoMerge tag 'md-3.7' of git://neil.brown.name/md
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 20:22:01 +0000 (13:22 -0700)]
Merge tag 'md-3.7' of git://neil.brown.name/md

Pull md updates from NeilBrown:
 - "discard" support, some dm-raid improvements and other assorted bits
   and pieces.

* tag 'md-3.7' of git://neil.brown.name/md: (29 commits)
  md: refine reporting of resync/reshape delays.
  md/raid5: be careful not to resize_stripes too big.
  md: make sure manual changes to recovery checkpoint are saved.
  md/raid10: use correct limit variable
  md: writing to sync_action should clear the read-auto state.
  Subject: [PATCH] md:change resync_mismatches to atomic64_t to avoid races
  md/raid5: make sure to_read and to_write never go negative.
  md: When RAID5 is dirty, force reconstruct-write instead of read-modify-write.
  md/raid5: protect debug message against NULL derefernce.
  md/raid5: add some missing locking in handle_failed_stripe.
  MD: raid5 avoid unnecessary zero page for trim
  MD: raid5 trim support
  md/bitmap:Don't use IS_ERR to judge alloc_page().
  md/raid1: Don't release reference to device while handling read error.
  raid: replace list_for_each_continue_rcu with new interface
  add further __init annotations to crypto/xor.c
  DM RAID: Fix for "sync" directive ineffectiveness
  DM RAID: Fix comparison of index and quantity for "rebuild" parameter
  DM RAID: Add rebuild capability for RAID10
  DM RAID: Move 'rebuild' checking code to its own function
  ...

5 years agoMerge branch 'config' into late-for-linus
Russell King [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 16:14:17 +0000 (17:14 +0100)]
Merge branch 'config' into late-for-linus

5 years agoARM: config: make sure that platforms are ordered by option string
Russell King [Fri, 12 Oct 2012 13:20:52 +0000 (14:20 +0100)]
ARM: config: make sure that platforms are ordered by option string

The large platform selection choice should be sorted by option string
so it's easy to find the platform you're looking for.  Fix the few
options which are out of this order.

Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
5 years agoARM: config: sort select statements alphanumerically
Russell King [Sat, 6 Oct 2012 16:12:25 +0000 (17:12 +0100)]
ARM: config: sort select statements alphanumerically

As suggested by Andrew Morton:

  This is a pet peeve of mine.  Any time there's a long list of items
  (header file inclusions, kconfig entries, array initalisers, etc) and
  someone wants to add a new item, they *always* go and stick it at the
  end of the list.

  Guys, don't do this.  Either put the new item into a randomly-chosen
  position or, probably better, alphanumerically sort the list.

lets sort all our select statements alphanumerically.  This commit was
created by the following perl:

while (<>) {
while (/\\\s*$/) {
$_ .= <>;
}
undef %selects if /^\s*config\s+/;
if (/^\s+select\s+(\w+).*/) {
if (defined($selects{$1})) {
if ($selects{$1} eq $_) {
print STDERR "Warning: removing duplicated $1 entry\n";
} else {
print STDERR "Error: $1 differently selected\n".
"\tOld: $selects{$1}\n".
"\tNew: $_\n";
exit 1;
}
}
$selects{$1} = $_;
next;
}
if (%selects and (/^\s*$/ or /^\s+help/ or /^\s+---help---/ or
  /^endif/ or /^endchoice/)) {
foreach $k (sort (keys %selects)) {
print "$selects{$k}";
}
undef %selects;
}
print;
}
if (%selects) {
foreach $k (sort (keys %selects)) {
print "$selects{$k}";
}
}

It found two duplicates:

Warning: removing duplicated S5P_SETUP_MIPIPHY entry
Warning: removing duplicated HARDIRQS_SW_RESEND entry

and they are identical duplicates, hence the shrinkage in the diffstat
of two lines.

We have four testers reporting success of this change (Tony, Stephen,
Linus and Sekhar.)

Acked-by: Jason Cooper <jason@lakedaemon.net>
Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
Acked-by: Stephen Warren <swarren@nvidia.com>
Acked-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Acked-by: Sekhar Nori <nsekhar@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
5 years agoUAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/linux/byteorder
David Howells [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 09:46:49 +0000 (10:46 +0100)]
UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/linux/byteorder

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
Acked-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Acked-by: Michael Kerrisk <mtk.manpages@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Paul E. McKenney <paulmck@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Acked-by: Dave Jones <davej@redhat.com>
5 years agoUAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/linux
David Howells [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 09:46:48 +0000 (10:46 +0100)]
UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/linux

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
Acked-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Acked-by: Michael Kerrisk <mtk.manpages@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Paul E. McKenney <paulmck@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Acked-by: Dave Jones <davej@redhat.com>
5 years agoUAPI: Unexport linux/blk_types.h
David Howells [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 09:45:06 +0000 (10:45 +0100)]
UAPI: Unexport linux/blk_types.h

It seems that was linux/blk_types.h incorrectly exported to fix up some missing
bits required by the exported parts of linux/fs.h (READ, WRITE, READA, etc.).

So unexport linux/blk_types.h and unexport the relevant bits of linux/fs.h.

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
cc: Jens Axboe <jaxboe@fusionio.com>
cc: Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org>
cc: Al Viro <viro@ZenIV.linux.org.uk>

5 years agoUAPI: Unexport part of linux/ppp-comp.h
David Howells [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 08:58:38 +0000 (09:58 +0100)]
UAPI: Unexport part of linux/ppp-comp.h

Unexport part of linux/ppp-comp.h as userspace can't make use of that bit.

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
cc: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
cc: David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

5 years agoMerge tag 'disintegrate-openrisc-20121009' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells...
Jonas Bonn [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 05:38:37 +0000 (07:38 +0200)]
Merge tag 'disintegrate-openrisc-20121009' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers

UAPI Disintegration 2012-10-09

* tag 'disintegrate-openrisc-20121009' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/openrisc/include/asm

5 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jmorris...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:29:00 +0000 (11:29 +0900)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jmorris/linux-security

Pull TPM bugfixes from James Morris.

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jmorris/linux-security:
  tpm: Propagate error from tpm_transmit to fix a timeout hang
  driver/char/tpm: fix regression causesd by ppi

5 years agoMerge branch 'release' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:27:59 +0000 (11:27 +0900)]
Merge branch 'release' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux

Pull ACPI & Thermal updates from Len Brown:
 "The generic Linux thermal layer is gaining some new capabilities
  (generic cooling via cpufreq) and some new customers (ARM).

  Also, an ACPI EC bug fix plus a regression fix."

* 'release' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux: (30 commits)
  tools/power/acpi/acpidump: remove duplicated include from acpidump.c
  ACPI idle, CPU hotplug: Fix NULL pointer dereference during hotplug
  cpuidle / ACPI: fix potential NULL pointer dereference
  ACPI: EC: Add a quirk for CLEVO M720T/M730T laptop
  ACPI: EC: Make the GPE storm threshold a module parameter
  thermal: Exynos: Fix NULL pointer dereference in exynos_unregister_thermal()
  Thermal: Fix bug on cpu_cooling, cooling device's id conflict problem.
  thermal: exynos: Use devm_* functions
  ARM: exynos: add thermal sensor driver platform data support
  thermal: exynos: register the tmu sensor with the kernel thermal layer
  thermal: exynos5: add exynos5250 thermal sensor driver support
  hwmon: exynos4: move thermal sensor driver to driver/thermal directory
  thermal: add generic cpufreq cooling implementation
  Fix a build error.
  thermal: Fix potential NULL pointer accesses
  thermal: add Renesas R-Car thermal sensor support
  thermal: fix potential out-of-bounds memory access
  Thermal: Introduce locking for cdev.thermal_instances list.
  Thermal: Unify the code for both active and passive cooling
  Thermal: Introduce simple arbitrator for setting device cooling state
  ...

5 years agoMerge tag 'for-3.7' of git://openrisc.net/jonas/linux
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:25:41 +0000 (11:25 +0900)]
Merge tag 'for-3.7' of git://openrisc.net/jonas/linux

Pull OpenRISC updates from Jonas Bonn:
 "Fixups for some corner cases, build issues, and some obvious bugs in
  IRQ handling.  No major changes."

* tag 'for-3.7' of git://openrisc.net/jonas/linux:
  openrisc: mask interrupts in irq_mask_ack function
  openrisc: fix typos in comments and warnings
  openrisc: PIC should act on domain-local irqs
  openrisc: Make cpu_relax() invoke barrier()
  audit: define AUDIT_ARCH_OPENRISC
  openrisc: delay: fix handling of counter overflow
  openrisc: delay: fix loops calculation for __const_udelay

5 years agoMerge tag 'disintegrate-misc-arches-20121010' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowel...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:22:31 +0000 (11:22 +0900)]
Merge tag 'disintegrate-misc-arches-20121010' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers

Pull UAPI disintegration for misc arches from David Howells:
 "UAPI disintegration for MN10300, FRV and AVR32 arches"

* tag 'disintegrate-misc-arches-20121010' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/mn10300/include/asm
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/frv/include/asm
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/avr32/include/asm

5 years agoMerge branch 'merge' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:21:15 +0000 (11:21 +0900)]
Merge branch 'merge' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc

Pull powerpc uapi disintegration from Benjamin Herrenschmidt.

* 'merge' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/powerpc/include/asm

5 years agoMerge tag 'arm64-uapi' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmarinas...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:20:04 +0000 (11:20 +0900)]
Merge tag 'arm64-uapi' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/cmarinas/linux-aarch64

Pull arm64 uapi disintegration from Catalin Marinas:
 "UAPI headers for arm64 together with some clean-up to make it
  possible:
   - Do not export the COMPAT_* definitions to user
   - Simplify the compat unistd32.h definitions and remove the
     __SYSCALL_COMPAT guard
   - Disintegrate the arch/arm64/include/asm/* headers"

* tag 'arm64-uapi' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmarinas/linux-aarch64:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/arm64/include/asm
  arm64: Do not export the compat-specific definitions to the user
  arm64: Do not include asm/unistd32.h in asm/unistd.h
  arm64: Remove unused definitions from asm/unistd32.h

5 years agoMerge tag 'for-linus' of git://linux-c6x.org/git/projects/linux-c6x-upstreaming
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:19:00 +0000 (11:19 +0900)]
Merge tag 'for-linus' of git://linux-c6x.org/git/projects/linux-c6x-upstreaming

Pull C6X UAPI disintegration from Mark Salter:

 - scripted UAPI disintegration by David Howells.

* tag 'for-linus' of git://linux-c6x.org/git/projects/linux-c6x-upstreaming:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/c6x/include/asm

5 years agoMerge tag 'for_linus-3.7' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jwessel...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:16:58 +0000 (11:16 +0900)]
Merge tag 'for_linus-3.7' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jwessel/kgdb

Pull KGDB/KDB fixes and cleanups from Jason Wessel:
 "Cleanups
   - Clean up compile warnings in kgdboc.c and x86/kernel/kgdb.c
   - Add module event hooks for simplified debugging with gdb
 Fixes
   - Fix kdb to stop paging with 'q' on bta and dmesg
   - Fix for data that scrolls off the vga console due to line wrapping
     when using the kdb pager
 New
   - The debug core registers for kernel module events which allows a
     kernel aware gdb to automatically load symbols and break on entry
     to a kernel module
   - Allow kgdboc=kdb to setup kdb on the vga console"

* tag 'for_linus-3.7' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jwessel/kgdb:
  tty/console: fix warnings in drivers/tty/serial/kgdboc.c
  kdb,vt_console: Fix missed data due to pager overruns
  kdb: Fix dmesg/bta scroll to quit with 'q'
  kgdboc: Accept either kbd or kdb to activate the vga + keyboard kdb shell
  kgdb,x86: fix warning about unused variable
  mips,kgdb: fix recursive page fault with CONFIG_KPROBES
  kgdb: Add module event hooks

5 years agoMerge tag 'stable/for-linus-3.7-uapi-tag' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kerne...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:14:29 +0000 (11:14 +0900)]
Merge tag 'stable/for-linus-3.7-uapi-tag' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen

Pull Xen UAPI disintegration from Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk:
 "This has the UAPI disintegration work done by David Howells"

* tag 'stable/for-linus-3.7-uapi-tag' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/xen

5 years agoMerge tag 'mmc-merge-for-3.7-rc1-part2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:07:40 +0000 (11:07 +0900)]
Merge tag 'mmc-merge-for-3.7-rc1-part2' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/cjb/mmc

Pull two more mmc changes from Chris Ball:

 - Disintegrate UAPI

 - fix a mismerge that caused a build error.

* tag 'mmc-merge-for-3.7-rc1-part2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cjb/mmc:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/linux/mmc
  mmc: mxs-mmc: Fix merge issue causing build error