linux-omap-dss2:archit-dss2-clone.git
5 years agoOMAPDSS: hide dss_select_dispc_clk_source()
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:58:36 +0000 (16:58 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: hide dss_select_dispc_clk_source()

dss.c currently exposes functions to configure the dispc source clock
and lcd source clock. There are configured separately from the output
drivers.

However, there is no safe way for the output drivers to handle dispc
clock, as it's shared between the outputs. Thus, if, say, the DSI driver
sets up DSI PLL and configures both the dispc and lcd clock sources to
that DSI PLL, the resulting dispc clock could be too low for, say, HDMI.

Thus the output drivers should really only be concerned about the lcd
clock, which is what the output drivers actually use. There's lot to do
to clean up the dss clock handling, but this patch takes one step
forward and removes the use of dss_select_dispc_clk_source() from the
output drivers.

After this patch, the output drivers only configure the lcd source
clock. On omap4+ the dispc src clock is never changed from the default
PRCM source. On omap3, where the dispc and lcd clocks are actually the
same, setting the lcd clock source sets the dispc clock source.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: setup default dss fck
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:35:41 +0000 (16:35 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: setup default dss fck

We don't currently set the dss fck when starting up. This is not a
problem, as we setup the fck later when configuring the pixel clocks. Or
this is how it was for omap2, for the rest of the omaps this may not be
so.

For DSI, HDMI and also for DPI when using DSI PLL, we don't need to
change the dss fck, and thus it may be left unconfigured. Usually the
dss fck is already setup fine by default, but we can't trust this.

This patch sets the dss fck to maximum at probe time.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: add dss_calc_clock_rates() back
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 15 Oct 2012 10:27:04 +0000 (13:27 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: add dss_calc_clock_rates() back

dss_calc_clock_rates() was removed earlier as it was not used, but it is
needed for DSI PLL calculations, so this patch adds it back.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: workaround for HSDiv problem
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 12 Oct 2012 13:27:28 +0000 (16:27 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: workaround for HSDiv problem

It looks like on many OMAP versions powers for both HSClk and HSDiv to
be enabled to have a functional HSDiv.

This patch fixes the issue by forcing both powers on.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: skip odd dividers when pck >= 100MHz
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 12 Oct 2012 12:21:44 +0000 (15:21 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: skip odd dividers when pck >= 100MHz

The DSI PLL and HSDivider can be used to generate the pixel clock for
LCD overlay manager, which then goes to DPI output. On the DPI output
pin the voltage of the signal is shifted from the OMAP's internal
minimal voltage to 1.8V range. The shifting is not instant, and the
higher the clock frequency, the less time there is to shift the signal
to nominal voltage.

If the HSDivider's divider is greater than one and odd, the resulting
pixel clock does not have 50% duty cycle. For example, with a divider of
3, the duty cycle is 33%.

When combining high frequency (in the area of 140MHz+) and non-50% duty
cycle, it has been observed the the shifter does not have enough time to
shift the voltage enough, and this leads to bad signal which is rejected
by monitors.

As a workaround this patch makes the divider calculation skip all odd
dividers when the required pixel clock is over 100MHz. The limit of
100MHz is a guesstimate.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: fix DPI & DSI init order
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:57:25 +0000 (15:57 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: fix DPI & DSI init order

DPI may use DSI PLL, so it depends on DSI. However, currently DPI driver
is added first, which causes DPI initialization to fail when it tries to
get the DSI PLL.

This patch changes the init order to fix this.

A better solution would be to separate DSI PLL and DSI drivers. They
have dependencies, though, but we could still have DSI PLL as an
independent entity that we could initialize before any of the output
drivers.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoMerge branch '3.8/misc-2'
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 5 Nov 2012 09:11:50 +0000 (11:11 +0200)]
Merge branch '3.8/misc-2'

Merge omapdss miscellaneous patches.

5 years agoOMAPDSS: split hdmi muxing function
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 19 Oct 2012 09:14:12 +0000 (12:14 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: split hdmi muxing function

Split the omap4_hdmi_mux_pads() function into two parts, one handles the
tpd12s015 gpio muxing, the other handles the hdmi pins.

This is clearer, as hdmi and tpd12s015 are separate devices, and it also
allows us to mux those separately with DT.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Cc: Ricardo Neri <ricardo.neri@ti.com>
Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: remove dssdev depependency from error handler
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:34:24 +0000 (15:34 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: remove dssdev depependency from error handler

The dispc error handler tries to "fix" issues by disabling and enabling
panel. This is problematic, as we're trying to remove the dependency
from omapdss to the omap_dss_devices. It's also racy, and doesn't really
fix anything.

This patch removes the use of omap_dss_device from the error handler,
and just disables and enables the associated overlay manager. This
should produce similar results as the previous solution, without using
dssdev.

However, the error handling is still horrible. But the problem boils
down to one question, to which I don't have a clear answer: what to do
when a HW error happens?

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: fix loop in error handler
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 24 Oct 2012 06:20:40 +0000 (09:20 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: fix loop in error handler

The dispc's error handler has a loop inside another loop, and both use
the same loop variable. This is clearly wrong, and this patch makes a
new variable for the inner loop.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: fix DSI2 PLL clk names
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 30 Nov 2011 15:34:52 +0000 (17:34 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: fix DSI2 PLL clk names

dss_generic_clk_source_names is missing the names for clocks from DSI2
PLL. Add them.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPFB: improve mode selection from EDID
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 12 Oct 2012 12:44:29 +0000 (15:44 +0300)]
OMAPFB: improve mode selection from EDID

The current omapfb code goes over all the modes found from the monitors
EDID data, and searches for a mode that is compatible with the DSS
hardware and has the highest x-res.

While this works ok as such, it proves problematic when using DSI PLL
for pixel clock. Calculating DSI PLL dividers is not the fastest of the
operations, and while doing it for one mode is usually ok, doing it for
20 modes is noticable.

Also, the first mode given in the EDID data should be the native mode of
the monitor, and thus also the best mode, so if that can be used, no
need to look further.

This patch changes the code to use the first mode that is compatible
with the DSS hardware.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPFB: remove use of extended edid block
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 8 Oct 2012 12:38:25 +0000 (15:38 +0300)]
OMAPFB: remove use of extended edid block

It seems that using the second EDID block causes more problems than is
of any help. The first mode in the extended block will get
FB_MODE_IS_FIRST set, which will override the first mode from the first
EDID block, thus making the default videomode selection not to work
properly.

This patch removes the use of the extended edid block for now.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: make hdmi pclk check more permissive
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 24 Oct 2012 08:55:54 +0000 (11:55 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: make hdmi pclk check more permissive

The hdmi driver tries to find the given video timings from its static
list of timings, to find the required ID for the mode. The check tries
to find exact match for the pixel clock, among other checks.

with omapfb driver there can be some amount of error in the give pixel
clock, as the pixel clock is converted between Hz and ps, thus the
hdmi's check fails to find the mode.

This patch makes the check more allowing, by rounding the pixel clocks
to nearest MHz.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Cc: Ricardo Neri <ricardo.neri@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: add 1920x1200 video mode
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 24 Oct 2012 08:55:39 +0000 (11:55 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: add 1920x1200 video mode

Add 1920x1200 video mode to hdmi driver's static modelist.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Cc: Ricardo Neri <ricardo.neri@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: use core power on/off with edid & detect
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 19 Oct 2012 14:42:27 +0000 (17:42 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: use core power on/off with edid & detect

This patch makes use of the hdmi_power_[on|off]_core() functions added
in the previous patch. The functions are used when reading EDID or
detecting if a monitor is connected.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Cc: Ricardo Neri <ricardo.neri@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: split power_on/off to two parts
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 19 Oct 2012 14:42:10 +0000 (17:42 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: split power_on/off to two parts

There's currently just one power-on function for HDMI, which enables the
IP and the video output. When reading EDID or detecting if a monitor is
connected, we don't need the video output.

Enabling the video output for these operations is not a big problem in
itself, but the quick enable/disable cycles caused by the operations
seem to cause sync lost errors from time to time. Also, this makes it
possible to read the EDID before the full video path has been set up.

This patch splits the hdmi_power_on into two parts, hdmi_power_on_core
and hdmi_power_on_full. The "full" version does what hdmi_power_on does
currently, and hdmi_power_on_core only enables the core IP. Similar
changes are made for power_off.

Note that these don't allow the HDMI IP to be first enabled, and later
enable the video output, but the HDMI IP will first need to be powered
off before calling the full version. So this is rather limited
implementation, but it fills the needs for reading EDID.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Cc: Ricardo Neri <ricardo.neri@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: Add IRQ enable/status helpers
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 10 Oct 2012 12:13:14 +0000 (15:13 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: Add IRQ enable/status helpers

DISPC irqs need to be handled from the compat layer and also in the
future by the omapdrm. To make this possible, this patchs adds a set of
helper functions, so that the irqs can be managed without direct
register reads/writes.

The following functions are added, and all the current direct reg
reads/writes are changed to use these.

u32 dispc_read_irqstatus(void);
void dispc_clear_irqstatus(u32 mask);
u32 dispc_read_irqenable(void);
void dispc_write_irqenable(u32 mask);

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: add dispc_ovl_enabled()
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:13:15 +0000 (14:13 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: add dispc_ovl_enabled()

Add new dispc function, dispc_ovl_enabled(). This returns if the overlay
enable bit is set in the registers.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: make _enable_mgr_out public as "dispc_mgr_enable"
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:16:06 +0000 (14:16 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: make _enable_mgr_out public as "dispc_mgr_enable"

We need a low level manager-enable function for omapdrm. We have that
function as dispc internal func, _enable_mgr_out().

This patch exposes that function, and renames it to dispc_mgr_enable().

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: rename dispc_mgr_enable/disable to _sync
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:14:38 +0000 (14:14 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: rename dispc_mgr_enable/disable to _sync

The current dispc_mgr_enable/disable function are blocking, and do a bit
too much for omapdrm. We'll expose new enable & disable functions that
will just set the bits in the registers in the following patches.

This patch renames the current functions to *_sync, to make it clear
that they are blocking, and also to free up the dispc_mgr_enable/disable
names for these new functions.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: use dss_feat_get_num_ovls()
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:37:22 +0000 (15:37 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: use dss_feat_get_num_ovls()

Use dss_feat_get_num_ovls() in dispc.c instead of
omap_dss_get_num_overlays() to remove the dependency to overlay.c. Note
that we still have uses of omap_dss_get_num_overlays() in dispc.c, but
these will be moved out in the future patches.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: remove initial display code from omapdss
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 6 Aug 2012 12:27:17 +0000 (15:27 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: remove initial display code from omapdss

Currently omapdss driver sets up the initial connections between
overlays, overlay manager and a panel, based on default display
parameter coming from the board file or via module parameters.

This is unnecessary, as it's the higher level component that should
decide what display to use and how. This patch removes the code from
omapdss, and implements similar code to omapfb.

The def_disp module parameter and the default display platform_data
parameter are kept in omapdss, but omapdss doesn't do anything with
them. It will just return the default display name with
dss_get_default_display_name() call, which omapfb uses. This is done to
keep the backward compatibility.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: export dss_get_def_display_name()
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:40:46 +0000 (12:40 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: export dss_get_def_display_name()

Export dss_get_def_display_name() with the name of
omapdss_get_def_display_name() so that omapfb can use it after the next
patch which moves default display handling to omapfb.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: fix dispc_mgr_lclk_rate for DIGIT output
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 23 Oct 2012 08:50:10 +0000 (11:50 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: fix dispc_mgr_lclk_rate for DIGIT output

dispc_mgr_lclk_rate() cannot currently be called with DIGIT channel
parameter, even if dispc_ovl_lclk_rate() can. Fix this by making
dispc_mgr_lclk_rate() handle DIGIT channel also.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: remove dispc_irq_handler declaration
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 23 Oct 2012 13:28:23 +0000 (16:28 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: remove dispc_irq_handler declaration

dss.h contains dispc_irq_handler declaration, even if the function is
dispc.c internal. Remove the declaration.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: get the dss version from core pdev
Tomi Valkeinen [Thu, 18 Oct 2012 10:46:29 +0000 (13:46 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: get the dss version from core pdev

The output drivers get the omapdss hw version from the platform data for
their respective output device. This doesn't work with DT, as there's no
platform data for them.

Add a new function, omapdss_get_version(), which returns the dss version
from the core device, which will have platform data on DT also. The
function is exported so that users of omapdss can also use it.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: remove omap_dss_device's suspend/resume
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 30 May 2012 10:26:00 +0000 (13:26 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: remove omap_dss_device's suspend/resume

The panel drivers contain enable, disable, suspend and resume calls.
The suspend and resume are effectively identical to disable and enable.

This patch removes panel suspend and enable code from omapdss and the
panel drivers, and replaces their use with enable and disable.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: fix missing unlock on error in hdmi_dump_regs()
Wei Yongjun [Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:54:26 +0000 (20:54 +0800)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: fix missing unlock on error in hdmi_dump_regs()

Add the missing unlock on the error handling path in function
hdmi_dump_regs().

Signed-off-by: Wei Yongjun <yongjun_wei@trendmicro.com.cn>
Reviewed-by: Sumit Semwal <sumit.semwal@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: Remove acb and acbi fields from omap_dss_device
Archit Taneja [Thu, 18 Oct 2012 11:21:57 +0000 (16:51 +0530)]
OMAPDSS: Remove acb and acbi fields from omap_dss_device

acbi and acb fields were meant for passive matrix panels which omapdss
doesn't support any longer. Remove these fields from omap_dss_device
struct.

Signed-off-by: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: cleanup lcd/digit enable/disable
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 10 Oct 2012 09:48:31 +0000 (12:48 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: cleanup lcd/digit enable/disable

We currently have a single function to enable and disable the manager
output for LCD and DIGIT. The functions are a bit complex, as handling
both enable and disable require some extra steps to ensure that the
output is enabled or disabled properly without errors before exiting the
function.

The code can be made simpler to understand by splitting the functions
into separate enable and disable functions. We'll also clean up the
comments and some parameter names at the same time.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: add dispc_mgr_get_sync_lost_irq()
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 17 Oct 2012 07:38:52 +0000 (10:38 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: add dispc_mgr_get_sync_lost_irq()

Add function that returns the sync lost irq mask for the given channel.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: cleanup lcd and digit enable
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:44:17 +0000 (11:44 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: cleanup lcd and digit enable

dispc.c's functions to enable LCD and DIGIT outputs can be cleaned up a
bit by using common functions to set the enable bit and to check if the
output is enabled.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: remove struct omap_overlay use
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:33:22 +0000 (15:33 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: remove struct omap_overlay use

dispc_ovl_setup() uses struct omap_overlay to get the caps for the
overlay. We can change the code to get the caps directly from dss
features, thus removing the dependency to struct omap_overlay.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: remove declarations for non-existing funcs
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 10 Oct 2012 07:35:34 +0000 (10:35 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: remove declarations for non-existing funcs

dss_mgr_set_device and dss_mgr_unset_device are declared in dss.h, but
the functions do not exist. Remove the declarations.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: combine LCD related config into one func
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 12 Sep 2012 10:30:39 +0000 (13:30 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: combine LCD related config into one func

Dispc has a bunch of functions used to configure output related
parameters:

- dispc_mgr_set_io_pad_mode
- dispc_mgr_enable_stallmode
- dispc_mgr_enable_fifohandcheck
- dispc_mgr_set_clock_div
- dispc_mgr_set_tft_data_lines
- dispc_lcd_enable_signal_polarity
- dispc_mgr_set_lcd_type_tft

These are all called together, and the configuration values are taken
from struct dss_lcd_mgr_config.

Instead of exposing those individual dispc functions, create a new one,
dispc_mgr_set_lcd_config(), which is used to configure the above
parameters from values in struct dss_lcd_mgr_config.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: constify function parameters
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 3 Oct 2012 07:09:11 +0000 (09:09 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: constify function parameters

Add consts to dispc function parameters which do not modify the passed
structs.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: fix registering the vsync isr in apply
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 10 Aug 2012 11:17:47 +0000 (14:17 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: fix registering the vsync isr in apply

When we enable an output we don't check if we need to register the vsync
isr. This causes us to miss vsync interrupts until somebody changes the
configuration of an overlay or an overlay manager.

Add the registration to dss_mgr_enable to fix the problem.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSI: fix dsi_get_dsidev_from_id()
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 15 Oct 2012 09:48:11 +0000 (12:48 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DSI: fix dsi_get_dsidev_from_id()

If dsi_get_dsidev_from_id() is called with a DSI module id that does not
exist on the board, the function will crash as omap_dss_get_output()
will return NULL.

This happens on omap3 boards when dumping DSI clocks, as the dumping
code will try to get the dsidev for DSI modules 0 and 1, but omap3 only
has DSI module 0.

Also clean up the id -> output mapping, so that if the function is
called with invalid module ID it will return NULL.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Cc: Archit Taneja <archit@ti.com>
5 years agoMerge branch '3.8/vrfb-conversion'
Tomi Valkeinen [Thu, 18 Oct 2012 08:03:17 +0000 (11:03 +0300)]
Merge branch '3.8/vrfb-conversion'

Merge omap vrfb code to remove direct omap platform dependencies from the
driver.

5 years agoMerge branch '3.8/dss-version'
Tomi Valkeinen [Thu, 18 Oct 2012 08:02:51 +0000 (11:02 +0300)]
Merge branch '3.8/dss-version'

Merge omapdss code to remove cpu_is_* checks from the driver.

5 years agoOMAPFB: use omap_vrfb_supported()
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 17 Oct 2012 09:16:50 +0000 (12:16 +0300)]
OMAPFB: use omap_vrfb_supported()

Replace cpu_is_*() check with omap_vrfb_supported().

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: VRFB: add omap_vrfb_supported()
Tomi Valkeinen [Wed, 17 Oct 2012 09:15:31 +0000 (12:15 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: VRFB: add omap_vrfb_supported()

Add an exported function omap_vrfb_supported() which returns true if the
vrfb driver has been loaded succesfully. This can be used to decide if
VRFB can be used or not.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAP: SDRC: remove VRFB code
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 9 Oct 2012 08:47:20 +0000 (11:47 +0300)]
OMAP: SDRC: remove VRFB code

Now that VRFB driver handles its registers independently, we can remove
the VRFB related code from OMAP's sdrc.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Cc: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoOMAP: move arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/vrfb.h
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 8 Oct 2012 11:52:24 +0000 (14:52 +0300)]
OMAP: move arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/vrfb.h

Now that vrfb driver is not omap dependent anymore, we can move vrfb.h
from arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat to include/video/omapvrfb.h.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Cc: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
Cc: Vaibhav Hiremath <hvaibhav@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAP: VRFB: convert vrfb to platform device
Tomi Valkeinen [Mon, 8 Oct 2012 11:35:44 +0000 (14:35 +0300)]
OMAP: VRFB: convert vrfb to platform device

This patch converts vrfb library into a platform device, in an effort to
remove omap dependencies.

The platform device is registered in arch/arm/plat-omap/fb.c and
assigned resources depending on whether running on omap2 or omap3.

The vrfb driver will parse those resources and use them to access vrfb
configuration registers and the vrfb virtual rotation areas.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
Cc: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: remove Kconfig dependencies
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:46:39 +0000 (13:46 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: remove Kconfig dependencies

Now that omapdss no longer uses any platform specific functions, we can
remove the "depends on ARCH_OMAP*" lines from Kconfig.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: fix compilation warnings
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:58:14 +0000 (13:58 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: fix compilation warnings

When compiling on x86 we get following warnings:

warning: field width specifier ‘*’ expects argument of type ‘int’, but
argument 5 has type ‘size_t’ [-Wformat]

Fix these by casting the size_t to int.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: add missing sizes.h includes
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:54:35 +0000 (13:54 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: add missing sizes.h includes

When compiling on x86, we get compilation errors for dss.c and dispc.c:

drivers/video/omap2/dss/dispc.c:126:11: error: ‘SZ_4K’ undeclared here
(not in a function)

include <linux/sizes.h> to fix compilation.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: remove <plat/cpu.h> includes
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:02:06 +0000 (13:02 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: remove <plat/cpu.h> includes

cpu_is_* calls are no longer used in omapdss, so the includes for
<plat/cpu.h> can be removed.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: Correct check for the callback pointer in dss_dsi_disable_pads()
Peter Ujfalusi [Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:51:21 +0000 (13:51 +0200)]
OMAPDSS: Correct check for the callback pointer in dss_dsi_disable_pads()

Appear to be a copy-paste bug: the code was checking board_data->dsi_enable_pads
while calling board_data->dsi_disable_pads.

Signed-off-by: Peter Ujfalusi <peter.ujfalusi@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: HDMI: use omapdss_version
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:00:33 +0000 (13:00 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: HDMI: use omapdss_version

Use omapdss_version in hdmi.c to select the proper hdmi features.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DSS: use omapdss_version
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:56:00 +0000 (12:56 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DSS: use omapdss_version

Use omapdss_version in dss.c to select the proper dss features.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: DISPC: use omapdss_version
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:54:03 +0000 (12:54 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: DISPC: use omapdss_version

Use omapdss_version in dispc.c to select the proper dispc features.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: use omapdss_version in dss_features.c
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:46:49 +0000 (12:46 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: use omapdss_version in dss_features.c

Pass the omapdss_version to dss_features.c and use it to select the
proper dss features.

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoOMAPDSS: add omapdss_version
Tomi Valkeinen [Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:42:28 +0000 (12:42 +0300)]
OMAPDSS: add omapdss_version

Add new enum, omapdss_version, that is used to tell which DSS hardware
version the SoC has. This enum is initialized during platform init, and
passed in the platform data to omapdss driver.

Note that the versions are not "continuous", that is, you cannot check
if the version is less or greater than something, but you need to check
for exact version match. In other words, this is invalid:

/* test if DSS is 3630 or earlier */
if (ver <= OMAPDSS_VER_OMAP3630)
...

Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@ti.com>
5 years agoMerge tag 'v3.7-rc1'
Tomi Valkeinen [Tue, 16 Oct 2012 10:30:09 +0000 (13:30 +0300)]
Merge tag 'v3.7-rc1'

Merge Linux 3.7-rc1 to get latest upstream changes.

5 years agoLinux 3.7-rc1
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 14 Oct 2012 21:41:04 +0000 (14:41 -0700)]
Linux 3.7-rc1

5 years agoMerge branch 'upstream' of git://git.linux-mips.org/pub/scm/ralf/upstream-linus
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 14 Oct 2012 21:39:05 +0000 (14:39 -0700)]
Merge branch 'upstream' of git://git.linux-mips.org/ralf/upstream-linus

Pull MIPS update from Ralf Baechle:
 "Cleanups and fixes for breakage that occured earlier during this merge
  phase.  Also a few patches that didn't make the first pull request.
  Of those is the Alchemy work that merges code for many of the SOCs and
  evaluation boards thus among other code shrinkage, reduces the number
  of MIPS defconfigs by 5."

* 'upstream' of git://git.linux-mips.org/pub/scm/ralf/upstream-linus: (22 commits)
  MIPS: SNI: Switch RM400 serial to SCCNXP driver
  MIPS: Remove unused empty_bad_pmd_table[] declaration.
  MIPS: MT: Remove kspd.
  MIPS: Malta: Fix section mismatch.
  MIPS: asm-offset.c: Delete unused irq_cpustat_t struct offsets.
  MIPS: Alchemy: Merge PB1100/1500 support into DB1000 code.
  MIPS: Alchemy: merge PB1550 support into DB1550 code
  MIPS: Alchemy: Single kernel for DB1200/1300/1550
  MIPS: Optimize TLB refill for RI/XI configurations.
  MIPS: proc: Cleanup printing of ASEs.
  MIPS: Hardwire detection of DSP ASE Rev 2 for systems, as required.
  MIPS: Add detection of DSP ASE Revision 2.
  MIPS: Optimize pgd_init and pmd_init
  MIPS: perf: Add perf functionality for BMIPS5000
  MIPS: perf: Split the Kconfig option CONFIG_MIPS_MT_SMP
  MIPS: perf: Remove unnecessary #ifdef
  MIPS: perf: Add cpu feature bit for PCI (performance counter interrupt)
  MIPS: perf: Change the "mips_perf_event" table unsupported indicator.
  MIPS: Align swapper_pg_dir to 64K for better TLB Refill code.
  vmlinux.lds.h: Allow architectures to add sections to the front of .bss
  ...

5 years agoMerge branch 'modules-next' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rusty...
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 14 Oct 2012 20:39:34 +0000 (13:39 -0700)]
Merge branch 'modules-next' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/rusty/linux

Pull module signing support from Rusty Russell:
 "module signing is the highlight, but it's an all-over David Howells frenzy..."

Hmm "Magrathea: Glacier signing key". Somebody has been reading too much HHGTTG.

* 'modules-next' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rusty/linux: (37 commits)
  X.509: Fix indefinite length element skip error handling
  X.509: Convert some printk calls to pr_devel
  asymmetric keys: fix printk format warning
  MODSIGN: Fix 32-bit overflow in X.509 certificate validity date checking
  MODSIGN: Make mrproper should remove generated files.
  MODSIGN: Use utf8 strings in signer's name in autogenerated X.509 certs
  MODSIGN: Use the same digest for the autogen key sig as for the module sig
  MODSIGN: Sign modules during the build process
  MODSIGN: Provide a script for generating a key ID from an X.509 cert
  MODSIGN: Implement module signature checking
  MODSIGN: Provide module signing public keys to the kernel
  MODSIGN: Automatically generate module signing keys if missing
  MODSIGN: Provide Kconfig options
  MODSIGN: Provide gitignore and make clean rules for extra files
  MODSIGN: Add FIPS policy
  module: signature checking hook
  X.509: Add a crypto key parser for binary (DER) X.509 certificates
  MPILIB: Provide a function to read raw data into an MPI
  X.509: Add an ASN.1 decoder
  X.509: Add simple ASN.1 grammar compiler
  ...

5 years agox86, boot: Explicitly include autoconf.h for hostprogs
Matt Fleming [Fri, 12 Oct 2012 10:19:59 +0000 (11:19 +0100)]
x86, boot: Explicitly include autoconf.h for hostprogs

The hostprogs need access to the CONFIG_* symbols found in
include/generated/autoconf.h.  But commit abbf1590de22 ("UAPI: Partition
the header include path sets and add uapi/ header directories") replaced
$(LINUXINCLUDE) with $(USERINCLUDE) which doesn't contain the necessary
include paths.

This has the undesirable effect of breaking the EFI boot stub because
the #ifdef CONFIG_EFI_STUB code in arch/x86/boot/tools/build.c is
never compiled.

It should also be noted that because $(USERINCLUDE) isn't exported by
the top-level Makefile it's actually empty in arch/x86/boot/Makefile.

Cc: H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com>
Cc: Ingo Molnar <mingo@kernel.org>
Acked-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Matt Fleming <matt.fleming@intel.com>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
5 years agoperf: Fix UAPI fallout
Ingo Molnar [Sun, 14 Oct 2012 08:40:57 +0000 (10:40 +0200)]
perf: Fix UAPI fallout

The UAPI commits forgot to test tooling builds such as tools/perf/,
and this fixes the fallout.

Manual conversion.

Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
5 years agoMerge branch 'late-for-linus' of git://git.linaro.org/people/rmk/linux-arm
Linus Torvalds [Sun, 14 Oct 2012 00:18:53 +0000 (17:18 -0700)]
Merge branch 'late-for-linus' of git://git.linaro.org/people/rmk/linux-arm

Pull ARM update from Russell King:
 "This is the final round of stuff for ARM, left until the end of the
  merge window to reduce the number of conflicts.  This set contains the
  ARM part of David Howells UAPI changes, and a fix to the ordering of
  'select' statements in ARM Kconfig files (see the appropriate commit
  for why this happened - thanks to Andrew Morton for pointing out the
  problem.)

  I've left this as long as I dare for this window to avoid conflicts,
  and I regenerated the config patch yesterday, posting it to our
  mailing list for review and testing.  I have several acks which
  include successful test reports for it.

  However, today I notice we've got new conflicts with previously unseen
  code...  though that conflict should be trivial (it's my changes vs a
  one liner.)"

* 'late-for-linus' of git://git.linaro.org/people/rmk/linux-arm:
  ARM: config: make sure that platforms are ordered by option string
  ARM: config: sort select statements alphanumerically
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/arm/include/asm

Fix up fairly conflict in arch/arm/Kconfig (the select re-organization
vs recent addition of GENERIC_KERNEL_EXECVE)

5 years agoMerge tag 'disintegrate-main-20121013' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 20:28:32 +0000 (13:28 -0700)]
Merge tag 'disintegrate-main-20121013' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers

Pull UAPI disintegration for include/linux/{,byteorder/}*.h from David Howells:
 "The patches contained herein do the following:

 (1) Remove kernel-only stuff in linux/ppp-comp.h from the UAPI.  I checked
     this with Paul Mackerras before I created the patch and he suggested some
     extra bits to unexport.

 (2) Remove linux/blk_types.h entirely from the UAPI as none of it is userspace
     applicable, and remove from the UAPI that part of linux/fs.h that was the
     reason for linux/blk_types.h being exported in the first place.  I
     discussed this with Jens Axboe before creating the patch.

 (3) The big patch of the series to disintegrate include/linux/*.h as a unit.
     This could be split up, though there would be collisions in moving stuff
     between the two Kbuild files when the parts are merged as that file is
     sorted alphabetically rather than being grouped by subsystem.

     Of this set of headers, 17 files have changed in the UAPI exported region
     since the 4th and only 8 since the 9th so there isn't much change in this
     area - as one might expect.

     It should be pretty obvious and straightforward if it does come to fixing
     up: stuff in __KERNEL__ guards stays where it is and stuff outside moves
     to the same file in the include/uapi/linux/ directory.

     If a new file appears then things get a bit more complicated as the
     "headers +=" line has to move to include/uapi/linux/Kbuild.  Only one new
     file has appeared since the 9th and I judge this type of event relatively
     unlikely.

 (4) A patch to disintegrate include/linux/byteorder/*.h as a unit.

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>"
* tag 'disintegrate-main-20121013' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/linux/byteorder
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/linux
  UAPI: Unexport linux/blk_types.h
  UAPI: Unexport part of linux/ppp-comp.h

5 years agoMerge tag 'disintegrate-spi-20121009' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 20:26:39 +0000 (13:26 -0700)]
Merge tag 'disintegrate-spi-20121009' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers

Pull spi UAPI disintegration from David Howells:
 "This is to complete part of the Userspace API (UAPI) disintegration
  for which the preparatory patches were pulled recently.  After these
  patches, userspace headers will be segregated into:

        include/uapi/linux/.../foo.h

  for the userspace interface stuff, and:

        include/linux/.../foo.h

  for the strictly kernel internal stuff.

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Grant Likely <grant.likely@secretlab.ca>"
* tag 'disintegrate-spi-20121009' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/linux/spi

5 years agoMerge tag 'openrisc-uapi' of git://openrisc.net/jonas/linux
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 20:25:19 +0000 (13:25 -0700)]
Merge tag 'openrisc-uapi' of git://openrisc.net/jonas/linux

Pull OpenRISC uapi disintegration from Jonas Bonn:
 "OpenRISC UAPI disintegration work from David Howells"

* tag 'openrisc-uapi' of git://openrisc.net/jonas/linux:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/openrisc/include/asm

5 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 20:23:39 +0000 (13:23 -0700)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace

Pull user namespace compile fixes from Eric W Biederman:
 "This tree contains three trivial fixes.  One compiler warning, one
  thinko fix, and one build fix"

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace:
  btrfs: Fix compilation with user namespace support enabled
  userns: Fix posix_acl_file_xattr_userns gid conversion
  userns: Properly print bluetooth socket uids

5 years agoMerge tag 'md-3.7' of git://neil.brown.name/md
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 20:22:01 +0000 (13:22 -0700)]
Merge tag 'md-3.7' of git://neil.brown.name/md

Pull md updates from NeilBrown:
 - "discard" support, some dm-raid improvements and other assorted bits
   and pieces.

* tag 'md-3.7' of git://neil.brown.name/md: (29 commits)
  md: refine reporting of resync/reshape delays.
  md/raid5: be careful not to resize_stripes too big.
  md: make sure manual changes to recovery checkpoint are saved.
  md/raid10: use correct limit variable
  md: writing to sync_action should clear the read-auto state.
  Subject: [PATCH] md:change resync_mismatches to atomic64_t to avoid races
  md/raid5: make sure to_read and to_write never go negative.
  md: When RAID5 is dirty, force reconstruct-write instead of read-modify-write.
  md/raid5: protect debug message against NULL derefernce.
  md/raid5: add some missing locking in handle_failed_stripe.
  MD: raid5 avoid unnecessary zero page for trim
  MD: raid5 trim support
  md/bitmap:Don't use IS_ERR to judge alloc_page().
  md/raid1: Don't release reference to device while handling read error.
  raid: replace list_for_each_continue_rcu with new interface
  add further __init annotations to crypto/xor.c
  DM RAID: Fix for "sync" directive ineffectiveness
  DM RAID: Fix comparison of index and quantity for "rebuild" parameter
  DM RAID: Add rebuild capability for RAID10
  DM RAID: Move 'rebuild' checking code to its own function
  ...

5 years agoMerge branch 'config' into late-for-linus
Russell King [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 16:14:17 +0000 (17:14 +0100)]
Merge branch 'config' into late-for-linus

5 years agoARM: config: make sure that platforms are ordered by option string
Russell King [Fri, 12 Oct 2012 13:20:52 +0000 (14:20 +0100)]
ARM: config: make sure that platforms are ordered by option string

The large platform selection choice should be sorted by option string
so it's easy to find the platform you're looking for.  Fix the few
options which are out of this order.

Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
5 years agoARM: config: sort select statements alphanumerically
Russell King [Sat, 6 Oct 2012 16:12:25 +0000 (17:12 +0100)]
ARM: config: sort select statements alphanumerically

As suggested by Andrew Morton:

  This is a pet peeve of mine.  Any time there's a long list of items
  (header file inclusions, kconfig entries, array initalisers, etc) and
  someone wants to add a new item, they *always* go and stick it at the
  end of the list.

  Guys, don't do this.  Either put the new item into a randomly-chosen
  position or, probably better, alphanumerically sort the list.

lets sort all our select statements alphanumerically.  This commit was
created by the following perl:

while (<>) {
while (/\\\s*$/) {
$_ .= <>;
}
undef %selects if /^\s*config\s+/;
if (/^\s+select\s+(\w+).*/) {
if (defined($selects{$1})) {
if ($selects{$1} eq $_) {
print STDERR "Warning: removing duplicated $1 entry\n";
} else {
print STDERR "Error: $1 differently selected\n".
"\tOld: $selects{$1}\n".
"\tNew: $_\n";
exit 1;
}
}
$selects{$1} = $_;
next;
}
if (%selects and (/^\s*$/ or /^\s+help/ or /^\s+---help---/ or
  /^endif/ or /^endchoice/)) {
foreach $k (sort (keys %selects)) {
print "$selects{$k}";
}
undef %selects;
}
print;
}
if (%selects) {
foreach $k (sort (keys %selects)) {
print "$selects{$k}";
}
}

It found two duplicates:

Warning: removing duplicated S5P_SETUP_MIPIPHY entry
Warning: removing duplicated HARDIRQS_SW_RESEND entry

and they are identical duplicates, hence the shrinkage in the diffstat
of two lines.

We have four testers reporting success of this change (Tony, Stephen,
Linus and Sekhar.)

Acked-by: Jason Cooper <jason@lakedaemon.net>
Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com>
Acked-by: Stephen Warren <swarren@nvidia.com>
Acked-by: Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>
Acked-by: Sekhar Nori <nsekhar@ti.com>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@arm.linux.org.uk>
5 years agoUAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/linux/byteorder
David Howells [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 09:46:49 +0000 (10:46 +0100)]
UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/linux/byteorder

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
Acked-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Acked-by: Michael Kerrisk <mtk.manpages@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Paul E. McKenney <paulmck@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Acked-by: Dave Jones <davej@redhat.com>
5 years agoUAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/linux
David Howells [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 09:46:48 +0000 (10:46 +0100)]
UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/linux

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>
Acked-by: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
Acked-by: Michael Kerrisk <mtk.manpages@gmail.com>
Acked-by: Paul E. McKenney <paulmck@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Acked-by: Dave Jones <davej@redhat.com>
5 years agoUAPI: Unexport linux/blk_types.h
David Howells [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 09:45:06 +0000 (10:45 +0100)]
UAPI: Unexport linux/blk_types.h

It seems that was linux/blk_types.h incorrectly exported to fix up some missing
bits required by the exported parts of linux/fs.h (READ, WRITE, READA, etc.).

So unexport linux/blk_types.h and unexport the relevant bits of linux/fs.h.

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
cc: Jens Axboe <jaxboe@fusionio.com>
cc: Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org>
cc: Al Viro <viro@ZenIV.linux.org.uk>

5 years agoUAPI: Unexport part of linux/ppp-comp.h
David Howells [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 08:58:38 +0000 (09:58 +0100)]
UAPI: Unexport part of linux/ppp-comp.h

Unexport part of linux/ppp-comp.h as userspace can't make use of that bit.

Signed-off-by: David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com>
cc: Paul Mackerras <paulus@samba.org>
cc: David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>

5 years agoMerge tag 'disintegrate-openrisc-20121009' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells...
Jonas Bonn [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 05:38:37 +0000 (07:38 +0200)]
Merge tag 'disintegrate-openrisc-20121009' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers

UAPI Disintegration 2012-10-09

* tag 'disintegrate-openrisc-20121009' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/openrisc/include/asm

5 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jmorris...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:29:00 +0000 (11:29 +0900)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jmorris/linux-security

Pull TPM bugfixes from James Morris.

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jmorris/linux-security:
  tpm: Propagate error from tpm_transmit to fix a timeout hang
  driver/char/tpm: fix regression causesd by ppi

5 years agoMerge branch 'release' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:27:59 +0000 (11:27 +0900)]
Merge branch 'release' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux

Pull ACPI & Thermal updates from Len Brown:
 "The generic Linux thermal layer is gaining some new capabilities
  (generic cooling via cpufreq) and some new customers (ARM).

  Also, an ACPI EC bug fix plus a regression fix."

* 'release' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux: (30 commits)
  tools/power/acpi/acpidump: remove duplicated include from acpidump.c
  ACPI idle, CPU hotplug: Fix NULL pointer dereference during hotplug
  cpuidle / ACPI: fix potential NULL pointer dereference
  ACPI: EC: Add a quirk for CLEVO M720T/M730T laptop
  ACPI: EC: Make the GPE storm threshold a module parameter
  thermal: Exynos: Fix NULL pointer dereference in exynos_unregister_thermal()
  Thermal: Fix bug on cpu_cooling, cooling device's id conflict problem.
  thermal: exynos: Use devm_* functions
  ARM: exynos: add thermal sensor driver platform data support
  thermal: exynos: register the tmu sensor with the kernel thermal layer
  thermal: exynos5: add exynos5250 thermal sensor driver support
  hwmon: exynos4: move thermal sensor driver to driver/thermal directory
  thermal: add generic cpufreq cooling implementation
  Fix a build error.
  thermal: Fix potential NULL pointer accesses
  thermal: add Renesas R-Car thermal sensor support
  thermal: fix potential out-of-bounds memory access
  Thermal: Introduce locking for cdev.thermal_instances list.
  Thermal: Unify the code for both active and passive cooling
  Thermal: Introduce simple arbitrator for setting device cooling state
  ...

5 years agoMerge tag 'for-3.7' of git://openrisc.net/jonas/linux
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:25:41 +0000 (11:25 +0900)]
Merge tag 'for-3.7' of git://openrisc.net/jonas/linux

Pull OpenRISC updates from Jonas Bonn:
 "Fixups for some corner cases, build issues, and some obvious bugs in
  IRQ handling.  No major changes."

* tag 'for-3.7' of git://openrisc.net/jonas/linux:
  openrisc: mask interrupts in irq_mask_ack function
  openrisc: fix typos in comments and warnings
  openrisc: PIC should act on domain-local irqs
  openrisc: Make cpu_relax() invoke barrier()
  audit: define AUDIT_ARCH_OPENRISC
  openrisc: delay: fix handling of counter overflow
  openrisc: delay: fix loops calculation for __const_udelay

5 years agoMerge tag 'disintegrate-misc-arches-20121010' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowel...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:22:31 +0000 (11:22 +0900)]
Merge tag 'disintegrate-misc-arches-20121010' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers

Pull UAPI disintegration for misc arches from David Howells:
 "UAPI disintegration for MN10300, FRV and AVR32 arches"

* tag 'disintegrate-misc-arches-20121010' of git://git.infradead.org/users/dhowells/linux-headers:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/mn10300/include/asm
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/frv/include/asm
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/avr32/include/asm

5 years agoMerge branch 'merge' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:21:15 +0000 (11:21 +0900)]
Merge branch 'merge' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc

Pull powerpc uapi disintegration from Benjamin Herrenschmidt.

* 'merge' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/powerpc/include/asm

5 years agoMerge tag 'arm64-uapi' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmarinas...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:20:04 +0000 (11:20 +0900)]
Merge tag 'arm64-uapi' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/cmarinas/linux-aarch64

Pull arm64 uapi disintegration from Catalin Marinas:
 "UAPI headers for arm64 together with some clean-up to make it
  possible:
   - Do not export the COMPAT_* definitions to user
   - Simplify the compat unistd32.h definitions and remove the
     __SYSCALL_COMPAT guard
   - Disintegrate the arch/arm64/include/asm/* headers"

* tag 'arm64-uapi' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmarinas/linux-aarch64:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/arm64/include/asm
  arm64: Do not export the compat-specific definitions to the user
  arm64: Do not include asm/unistd32.h in asm/unistd.h
  arm64: Remove unused definitions from asm/unistd32.h

5 years agoMerge tag 'for-linus' of git://linux-c6x.org/git/projects/linux-c6x-upstreaming
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:19:00 +0000 (11:19 +0900)]
Merge tag 'for-linus' of git://linux-c6x.org/git/projects/linux-c6x-upstreaming

Pull C6X UAPI disintegration from Mark Salter:

 - scripted UAPI disintegration by David Howells.

* tag 'for-linus' of git://linux-c6x.org/git/projects/linux-c6x-upstreaming:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/c6x/include/asm

5 years agoMerge tag 'for_linus-3.7' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jwessel...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:16:58 +0000 (11:16 +0900)]
Merge tag 'for_linus-3.7' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jwessel/kgdb

Pull KGDB/KDB fixes and cleanups from Jason Wessel:
 "Cleanups
   - Clean up compile warnings in kgdboc.c and x86/kernel/kgdb.c
   - Add module event hooks for simplified debugging with gdb
 Fixes
   - Fix kdb to stop paging with 'q' on bta and dmesg
   - Fix for data that scrolls off the vga console due to line wrapping
     when using the kdb pager
 New
   - The debug core registers for kernel module events which allows a
     kernel aware gdb to automatically load symbols and break on entry
     to a kernel module
   - Allow kgdboc=kdb to setup kdb on the vga console"

* tag 'for_linus-3.7' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jwessel/kgdb:
  tty/console: fix warnings in drivers/tty/serial/kgdboc.c
  kdb,vt_console: Fix missed data due to pager overruns
  kdb: Fix dmesg/bta scroll to quit with 'q'
  kgdboc: Accept either kbd or kdb to activate the vga + keyboard kdb shell
  kgdb,x86: fix warning about unused variable
  mips,kgdb: fix recursive page fault with CONFIG_KPROBES
  kgdb: Add module event hooks

5 years agoMerge tag 'stable/for-linus-3.7-uapi-tag' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kerne...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:14:29 +0000 (11:14 +0900)]
Merge tag 'stable/for-linus-3.7-uapi-tag' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen

Pull Xen UAPI disintegration from Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk:
 "This has the UAPI disintegration work done by David Howells"

* tag 'stable/for-linus-3.7-uapi-tag' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/xen

5 years agoMerge tag 'mmc-merge-for-3.7-rc1-part2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 02:07:40 +0000 (11:07 +0900)]
Merge tag 'mmc-merge-for-3.7-rc1-part2' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/cjb/mmc

Pull two more mmc changes from Chris Ball:

 - Disintegrate UAPI

 - fix a mismerge that caused a build error.

* tag 'mmc-merge-for-3.7-rc1-part2' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cjb/mmc:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/linux/mmc
  mmc: mxs-mmc: Fix merge issue causing build error

5 years agoMerge tag 'dm-3.7-changes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/agk/linux-dm
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 01:57:57 +0000 (10:57 +0900)]
Merge tag 'dm-3.7-changes' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/agk/linux-dm

Pull device-mapper changes from Alasdair G Kergon:
 "Remove the power-of-2 block size constraint on discards in dm thin
  provisioning and factor the bio_prison code out into a separate module
  (for sharing with the forthcoming cache target).

  Use struct bio's front_pad to eliminate the use of one separate
  mempool by bio-based devices.

  A few other tiny clean-ups."

* tag 'dm-3.7-changes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/agk/linux-dm:
  dm: store dm_target_io in bio front_pad
  dm thin: move bio_prison code to separate module
  dm thin: prepare to separate bio_prison code
  dm thin: support discard with non power of two block size
  dm persistent data: convert to use le32_add_cpu
  dm: use ACCESS_ONCE for sysfs values
  dm bufio: use list_move
  dm mpath: fix check for null mpio in end_io fn

5 years agoMerge tag 'scsi-misc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 01:57:01 +0000 (10:57 +0900)]
Merge tag 'scsi-misc' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi

Pull misc SCSI updates from James Bottomley:
 "This is an assorted set of stragglers into the merge window with
  driver updates for megaraid_sas, lpfc, bfi and mvumi.  It also
  includes some fairly major fixes for virtio-scsi (scatterlist init),
  scsi_debug (off by one error), storvsc (use after free) and qla2xxx
  (potential deadlock).

Signed-off-by: James Bottomley <JBottomley@Parallels.com>"
* tag 'scsi-misc' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi: (49 commits)
  [SCSI] storvsc: Account for in-transit packets in the RESET path
  [SCSI] qla2xxx: fix potential deadlock on ha->hardware_lock
  [SCSI] scsi_debug: Fix off-by-one bug when unmapping region
  [SCSI] Shorten the path length of scsi_cmd_to_driver()
  [SCSI] virtio-scsi: support online resizing of disks
  [SCSI] virtio-scsi: fix LUNs greater than 255
  [SCSI] virtio-scsi: initialize scatterlist structure
  [SCSI] megaraid_sas: Version, Changelog, Copyright update
  [SCSI] megaraid_sas: Remove duplicate code
  [SCSI] megaraid_sas: Add SystemPD FastPath support
  [SCSI] megaraid_sas: Add array boundary check for SystemPD
  [SCSI] megaraid_sas: Load io_request DataLength in bytes
  [SCSI] megaraid_sas: Add module param for configurable MSI-X vector count
  [SCSI] megaraid_sas: Remove un-needed completion_lock spinlock calls
  [SCSI] lpfc 8.3.35: Update lpfc version for 8.3.35 driver release
  [SCSI] lpfc 8.3.35: Fixed not reporting logical link speed to SCSI midlayer when QoS not on
  [SCSI] lpfc 8.3.35: Fix error with fabric service parameters causing performance issues
  [SCSI] lpfc 8.3.35: Fixed SCSI host create showing wrong link speed on SLI3 HBA ports
  [SCSI] lpfc 8.3.35: Fixed not checking solicition in progress bit when verifying FCF record for use
  [SCSI] lpfc 8.3.35: Fixed messages for misconfigured port errors
  ...

5 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 01:56:03 +0000 (10:56 +0900)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/dtor/input

Pull input layer updates from Dmitry Torokhov:
 "2nd round of updates for the input subsystem.  With it input core no
  longer limits number of character devices per event handler (such as
  evdev) to 32, but switches to dynamic minors once legacy range is
  exhausted.  This should get multi-seat installations that currently
  run our of event devices very quickly.

  You will also get an update for Wacom driver and a couple of driver
  fixes."

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dtor/input:
  Input: extend the number of event (and other) devices
  Input: mousedev - mark mousedev interfaces as non-seekable
  Input: mousedev - rename mixdev_open to opened_by_mixdev
  Input: mousedev - reformat structure initializers
  Input: mousedev - factor out psaux code to reduce #ifdefery
  Input: samsung-keypad - add clk_prepare and clk_unprepare
  Input: atmel_mxt_ts - simplify mxt_dump_message
  Input: wacom - clean up wacom_query_tablet_data
  Input: wacom - introduce wacom_fix_phy_from_hid
  Input: wacom - allow any multi-input Intuos device to set prox
  Input: wacom - report correct touch contact size for I5/Bamboo

5 years agoMerge branch 'for-3.7' of git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 01:53:54 +0000 (10:53 +0900)]
Merge branch 'for-3.7' of git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux

Pull nfsd update from J Bruce Fields:
 "Another relatively quiet cycle.  There was some progress on my
  remaining 4.1 todo's, but a couple of them were just of the form
  "check that we do X correctly", so didn't have much affect on the
  code.

  Other than that, a bunch of cleanup and some bugfixes (including an
  annoying NFSv4.0 state leak and a busy-loop in the server that could
  cause it to peg the CPU without making progress)."

* 'for-3.7' of git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux: (46 commits)
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/linux/sunrpc
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate include/linux/nfsd
  nfsd4: don't allow reclaims of expired clients
  nfsd4: remove redundant callback probe
  nfsd4: expire old client earlier
  nfsd4: separate session allocation and initialization
  nfsd4: clean up session allocation
  nfsd4: minor free_session cleanup
  nfsd4: new_conn_from_crses should only allocate
  nfsd4: separate connection allocation and initialization
  nfsd4: reject bad forechannel attrs earlier
  nfsd4: enforce per-client sessions/no-sessions distinction
  nfsd4: set cl_minorversion at create time
  nfsd4: don't pin clientids to pseudoflavors
  nfsd4: fix bind_conn_to_session xdr comment
  nfsd4: cast readlink() bug argument
  NFSD: pass null terminated buf to kstrtouint()
  nfsd: remove duplicate init in nfsd4_cb_recall
  nfsd4: eliminate redundant nfs4_free_stateid
  fs/nfsd/nfs4idmap.c: adjust inconsistent IS_ERR and PTR_ERR
  ...

5 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 01:51:48 +0000 (10:51 +0900)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/davem/net

Pull networking updates from David Miller:

 1) Alexey Kuznetsov noticed we routed TCP resets improperly in the
    assymetric routing case, fix this by reverting a change that made us
    use the incoming interface in the outgoing route key when we didn't
    have a socket context to work with.

 2) TCP sysctl kernel memory leakage to userspace fix from Alan Cox.

 3) Move UAPI bits from David Howells, WIMAX and CAN this time.

 4) Fix TX stalls in e1000e wrt.  Byte Queue Limits, from Hiroaki
    SHIMODA, Denys Fedoryshchenko, and Jesse Brandeburg.

 5) Fix IPV6 crashes in packet generator module, from Amerigo Wang.

 6) Tidies and fixes in the new VXLAN driver from Stephen Hemminger.

 7) Bridge IP options parse doesn't check first if SKB header has at
    least an IP header's worth of content present.  Fix from Sarveshwar
    Bandi.

 8) The kernel now generates compound pages on transmit and the Xen
    netback drivers needs some adjustments in order to handle this.  Fix
    from Ian Campbell.

 9) Turn off ASPM in JME driver, from Kevin Bardon and Matthew Garrett.

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net: (43 commits)
  mcs7830: Fix link state detection
  net: add doc for in4_pton()
  net: add doc for in6_pton()
  vti: fix sparse bit endian warnings
  tcp: resets are misrouted
  usbnet: Support devices reporting idleness
  Add CDC-ACM support for the CX93010-2x UCMxx USB Modem
  net/ethernet/jme: disable ASPM
  tcp: sysctl interface leaks 16 bytes of kernel memory
  kaweth: print correct debug ptr
  e1000e: Change wthresh to 1 to avoid possible Tx stalls
  ipv4: fix route mark sparse warning
  xen: netback: handle compound page fragments on transmit.
  bridge: Pull ip header into skb->data before looking into ip header.
  isdn: fix a wrapping bug in isdn_ppp_ioctl()
  vxlan: fix oops when give unknown ifindex
  vxlan: fix receive checksum handling
  vxlan: add additional headroom
  vxlan: allow configuring port range
  vxlan: associate with tunnel socket on transmit
  ...

5 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 01:47:41 +0000 (10:47 +0900)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc

Pull Sparc updates from David Miller:

 1) Updated syscall tracing fix from Al Viro.

 2) SUN4V error reporting was deficient in several areas.

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/sparc:
  sparc64: fix ptrace interaction with force_successful_syscall_return()
  sparc64: Fix deficiencies in sun4v error reporting.

5 years agoMerge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmetcalf/linux-tile
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 01:46:18 +0000 (10:46 +0900)]
Merge git://git./linux/kernel/git/cmetcalf/linux-tile

Pull tile arch update from Chris Metcalf:
 "The bulk of this change is the tile uapi disintegration.  There is
  also a one-line change in here to enable interrupts in
  do_work_pending() to avoid a WARN_ON in _local_bh_enable_ip()."

* git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cmetcalf/linux-tile:
  arch/tile: enable interrupts in do_work_pending()
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/tile/include/asm
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/tile/include/arch

5 years agoMerge tag 'please-pull-dhowells-uapi' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 01:38:34 +0000 (10:38 +0900)]
Merge tag 'please-pull-dhowells-uapi' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux

Pull ia64 UAPI changes from Tony Luck:
 "ia64 pieces of David Howells great UAPI include file move"

* tag 'please-pull-dhowells-uapi' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/aegl/linux:
  UAPI: (Scripted) Disintegrate arch/ia64/include/asm

5 years agoMerge branch 'perf-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel...
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 01:20:11 +0000 (10:20 +0900)]
Merge branch 'perf-urgent-for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/tip/tip

Pull perf updates from Ingo Molnar:
 "This tree includes some late late perf items that missed the first
  round:

  tools:

   - Bash auto completion improvements, now we can auto complete the
     tools long options, tracepoint event names, etc, from Namhyung Kim.

   - Look up thread using tid instead of pid in 'perf sched'.

   - Move global variables into a perf_kvm struct, from David Ahern.

   - Hists refactorings, preparatory for improved 'diff' command, from
     Jiri Olsa.

   - Hists refactorings, preparatory for event group viewieng work, from
     Namhyung Kim.

   - Remove double negation on optional feature macro definitions, from
     Namhyung Kim.

   - Remove several cases of needless global variables, on most
     builtins.

   - misc fixes

  kernel:

   - sysfs support for IBS on AMD CPUs, from Robert Richter.

   - Support for an upcoming Intel CPU, the Xeon-Phi / Knights Corner
     HPC blade PMU, from Vince Weaver.

   - misc fixes"

* 'perf-urgent-for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip: (46 commits)
  perf: Fix perf_cgroup_switch for sw-events
  perf: Clarify perf_cpu_context::active_pmu usage by renaming it to ::unique_pmu
  perf/AMD/IBS: Add sysfs support
  perf hists: Add more helpers for hist entry stat
  perf hists: Move he->stat.nr_events initialization to a template
  perf hists: Introduce struct he_stat
  perf diff: Removing the total_period argument from output code
  perf tool: Add hpp interface to enable/disable hpp column
  perf tools: Removing hists pair argument from output path
  perf hists: Separate overhead and baseline columns
  perf diff: Refactor diff displacement possition info
  perf hists: Add struct hists pointer to struct hist_entry
  perf tools: Complete tracepoint event names
  perf/x86: Add support for Intel Xeon-Phi Knights Corner PMU
  perf evlist: Remove some unused methods
  perf evlist: Introduce add_newtp method
  perf kvm: Move global variables into a perf_kvm struct
  perf tools: Convert to BACKTRACE_SUPPORT
  perf tools: Long option completion support for each subcommands
  perf tools: Complete long option names of perf command
  ...

5 years agoperf: Handle new rbtree implementation
Markus Trippelsdorf [Tue, 9 Oct 2012 18:01:56 +0000 (20:01 +0200)]
perf: Handle new rbtree implementation

Perf build fails with the new rbtree implementation:

  ../../lib/rbtree.c:24:36: fatal error: linux/rbtree_augmented.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated.

Fix by updating the Makefile and adding a btree_augmented.h
wrapper.

Reported-and-tested-by: Borislav Petkov <borislav.petkov@amd.com>
Signed-off-by: Markus Trippelsdorf <markus@trippelsdorf.de>
Cc: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@infradead.org>
Cc: Borislav Petkov <bp@amd64.org>
Link: http://lkml.kernel.org/r/20121009180156.GA245@x4
Signed-off-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
5 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/signal
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 01:05:52 +0000 (10:05 +0900)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/viro/signal

Pull third pile of kernel_execve() patches from Al Viro:
 "The last bits of infrastructure for kernel_thread() et.al., with
  alpha/arm/x86 use of those.  Plus sanitizing the asm glue and
  do_notify_resume() on alpha, fixing the "disabled irq while running
  task_work stuff" breakage there.

  At that point the rest of kernel_thread/kernel_execve/sys_execve work
  can be done independently for different architectures.  The only
  pending bits that do depend on having all architectures converted are
  restrictred to fs/* and kernel/* - that'll obviously have to wait for
  the next cycle.

  I thought we'd have to wait for all of them done before we start
  eliminating the longjump-style insanity in kernel_execve(), but it
  turned out there's a very simple way to do that without flagday-style
  changes."

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/signal:
  alpha: switch to saner kernel_execve() semantics
  arm: switch to saner kernel_execve() semantics
  x86, um: convert to saner kernel_execve() semantics
  infrastructure for saner ret_from_kernel_thread semantics
  make sure that kernel_thread() callbacks call do_exit() themselves
  make sure that we always have a return path from kernel_execve()
  ppc: eeh_event should just use kthread_run()
  don't bother with kernel_thread/kernel_execve for launching linuxrc
  alpha: get rid of switch_stack argument of do_work_pending()
  alpha: don't bother passing switch_stack separately from regs
  alpha: take SIGPENDING/NOTIFY_RESUME loop into signal.c
  alpha: simplify TIF_NEED_RESCHED handling

5 years agoMerge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs
Linus Torvalds [Sat, 13 Oct 2012 01:04:42 +0000 (10:04 +0900)]
Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git./linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs

Pull third pile of VFS updates from Al Viro:
 "Stuff from Jeff Layton, mostly.  Sanitizing interplay between audit
  and namei, removing a lot of insanity from audit_inode() mess and
  getting things ready for his ESTALE patchset."

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs:
  procfs: don't need a PATH_MAX allocation to hold a string representation of an int
  vfs: embed struct filename inside of names_cache allocation if possible
  audit: make audit_inode take struct filename
  vfs: make path_openat take a struct filename pointer
  vfs: turn do_path_lookup into wrapper around struct filename variant
  audit: allow audit code to satisfy getname requests from its names_list
  vfs: define struct filename and have getname() return it
  vfs: unexport getname and putname symbols
  acct: constify the name arg to acct_on
  vfs: allocate page instead of names_cache buffer in mount_block_root
  audit: overhaul __audit_inode_child to accomodate retrying
  audit: optimize audit_compare_dname_path
  audit: make audit_compare_dname_path use parent_len helper
  audit: remove dirlen argument to audit_compare_dname_path
  audit: set the name_len in audit_inode for parent lookups
  audit: add a new "type" field to audit_names struct
  audit: reverse arguments to audit_inode_child
  audit: no need to walk list in audit_inode if name is NULL
  audit: pass in dentry to audit_copy_inode wherever possible
  audit: remove unnecessary NULL ptr checks from do_path_lookup

5 years agoprocfs: don't need a PATH_MAX allocation to hold a string representation of an int
Jeff Layton [Wed, 10 Oct 2012 20:43:21 +0000 (16:43 -0400)]
procfs: don't need a PATH_MAX allocation to hold a string representation of an int

Signed-off-by: Jeff Layton <jlayton@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
5 years agovfs: embed struct filename inside of names_cache allocation if possible
Jeff Layton [Wed, 10 Oct 2012 20:43:13 +0000 (16:43 -0400)]
vfs: embed struct filename inside of names_cache allocation if possible

In the common case where a name is much smaller than PATH_MAX, an extra
allocation for struct filename is unnecessary. Before allocating a
separate one, try to embed the struct filename inside the buffer first. If
it turns out that that's not long enough, then fall back to allocating a
separate struct filename and redoing the copy.

Signed-off-by: Jeff Layton <jlayton@redhat.com>
Signed-off-by: Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>